Im new Yea Forums: how can I reach happiness?i need philosophical books about this,please...

im new Yea Forums: how can I reach happiness?i need philosophical books about this,please.I googled but I haven't found what I was searching.

Attached: cb742266c115e43c08e11afc16777495.jpg (481x750, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stss.nl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Foundation for Exploration

Culture of Critique

A Thousand Plateaus
Finnegan’s Wake
Phenomenology of Spirit
Critique of Pure Judgement

That you should get you started, good luck my friend

>reach happiness
it's not some magical state you reach. Nobody is happy 100% of the time, and I'm 100% sure you feel happiness occasionally even now

Join the Freezone.
stss.nl/

Attached: 1529965061385.jpg (980x1325, 202K)

By adhering to Moral Law.

of course sometimes I'm happy, but when I think about the reason, it looks stupid.im searching the interpretation of happiness; what is it.

im muslim and, from my researches, ive understood that the important is follow Qur'an and that there is not a type of life that muslims must follow.

12 Rules for Life, Antifragile, Atlas Shrugged, Beyond Good & Evil, The Bible, The Black Swan, Blood Meridian, The Book of Disquiet, Communist Manifesto, Culture of Critique, Death in Venice, The Decline of the West, Fanged Noumena, Finnegans Wake, Foundation for Exploration, Gnostic Gospels, The God Delusion, God is not Great, Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, Journey to the End of the Night, Kill All Normies, Lolita, Milk & Honey, My Twisted World, No Longer Human, Notes from the Underground, Oblomov, Paradise Loft, The Prince, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, The Republic, Ride the Tiger, Sex and Character, Stoner, Storm of Steel, Summa Theologica, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, Sun and Steel, Symposium, Taipei, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, The Tunnel, The Turner Diaries, Ulysses, Women and Men, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Zettels Traum

Attached: (JPEG Image, 225 × 225 pixels).jpg (225x225, 9K)

You have two options:
1) Look at your past, resurface trauma and work through it. You need psychology books

2) Disregard your past, look to attain contentment through your behavior and conscious attitude towards the world. For this you need philosophy or religious books

Attached: america-massachusetts-near-concord-thoreau-cabin-henry-david-thoreau-replica-walden-pond-united-stat (1300x946, 290K)

>No Finnegan's Wake

Any one who tells you philosophy can make you happy know nothing about either philosophy or happiness.

Most philosophers tried to solve their existential problems. Ironic isn't it?

Attached: Did_you_ever_hear.jpg (877x707, 536K)

I'm happy right, I have an extremely positive outlook on life. I have a surface-level knowledge and understanding of philosophy; I naturally have asked myself the same questions people have been wondering for thousands of years, and I have come to satisfying conclusions with them myself. I know there are arguments against my conclusions that would make me realize I'm entirely wrong and would absolutely shatter my world-view, but right now they are my reality.

Should I stop with philosophy? Is ignorance bliss? Will anything good come from following my curiosity?

Read books on the lives of the Saints. Helped me a whole lot, cause the things they done and suffered through baffled me. Made me realize that living a life that has value as opposed to one that doesn't is just so much better.

What i have gathered is that a life where you strive for something (even if it is hard and you ultimately fail), is more enjoyable than a life of hedonistic passivity.
I don't know if it's true though or those who claim it simply couldn't do better. Super rich guys that abandoned their comfy lifestyle and lived a life of devotion are few

So the language is more important than the content?

Neither way you'll regrete it.

Or, weight these two options indefinitely and become Faust.

>F

Attached: 1548712431109.jpg (720x696, 56K)

>I

Attached: 1550967588192.png (719x696, 922K)

>N

Attached: 1550967588193.png (718x696, 922K)

>N

Attached: 1550967588194.png (719x696, 921K)

Stoic and Buddhist approaches to psychology and dealing with negativity has helped me. It definitely hasn't made me 100% happy nor should it, but if you are looking for that to be the case, you will be disappointed

Thx, I lost the will to live without throwing the dice again and I keep trying to picture myself out of the game with an old friend, reminiscing about the book that saved me from the duel horror of being an unemployed loser with an anger problem and an fractured emotional awareness like a child capable of only watching as he is painted in a leaddotted type as well as various types of suggestive degeneracy that swirls and tapes receipts to the same effect as the more realist fashioning of him; and Faust was the book we would think about together.

Attached: Andwhenlovespeaksthevoiceofallthegodsmakeheavendrowsywiththeharmony.jpg (197x256, 7K)

Fucking pussy. Weap when the work is over.

This. Goonan gets a lot of stick on this board but it’s all from people who haven’t read his book. This book got me out of a really dark place 6 months ago, I just wish he got the recognition he deserves.

Emotions are logical. You can’t solve your happiness or life satisifaction like you would math. Happiness is largely about being in the present, embracing life and joying all do it’s oddities.

For me it's an effortful process.

Henry David Thoreau - Walden