How about a Camus thread?

How about a Camus thread?

Attached: 120409_r22060_g2048.jpg (727x487, 48K)

I wish he wasn’t so introductory.

My entire lit journey started with him and although he’s my roots and i owe it all to his work, i still sort of ignore it just like you would ignore a tutorial level in a game.

Not to say his work is “easy” but rather but introductory. Everyones journey starts with Camus, it is a healthy process

Is 23 too old to read Camus if I haven't already? So many people seem to shit on his work for being "basic" or "entry-level" or "babby's first existential crisis." I'm probably just being excessively self-conscious.

Pick up one of his books and see if you enjoy it. Or are you seriously asking if people would judge you for it?

Why the hell should you care what other people think? Camus is generally well-regarded as a writer and thinker, he's worth a read.

Being overly simplistic is what I mostly like about him

Just making your philosophic idea overly complicated dosen't mean your a giga-brain

Attached: e71.png (1786x1464, 515K)

do people really say that lmao? i knew i got an introductory feeling from his work for some reason but i never thought it would be memed (not a long time lurker)

the thing is that he is only basic because he deals with the most basic shit on earth
>being sad
>hating the world for hating you
>being indifferent with suffering
>shit happens

those are complex yet basic

lost at the car+ train anecdote

TOO OLD? The only thing you're too old to read at 23 is children's books and YA shit. Camus might not be a complicated author, but he's not a writer for children. Just read him; he's solid.

Camus died when he got in a car crash with his publisher, and in his pocket he had a train ticket that he decided not to take last minute

nono i know bro i mean like i lost from laughing

oh jeepers i didn't know it was a joke I did it again

Attached: c44.png (483x701, 311K)

just try to pay more attention pls bro

>The only thing you're too old to read at 23 is children's books and YA shit.

This, only an idiot pseud would consider Camus 'entry-level'. Maybe his philosophy is beginner-friendly but it's still philosophy which is one of the least basic things to get into in the first place. His fiction is where he truly shines anyway, and there's nothing entry-level about The Fall

who would you say is a beginner philo if someone wanted to get started?

Probably a book surveying the history of philosophy, such as Passion of the Western Mind.

Reading the plague right now I like it so far. Gonna read it some more today when I have down time at work

I haven't gotten to the plague yet, but I have read the stranger & the rebel

>Everyones journey starts with Camus
Lol, not mine. Speak for yourself, pleb.

Stranger has some of the best mental imagery ive ever read

i was sweating reading the beach part with the glaring sun bits. and the balcony part was calming and refreshing

The strangers definitely on my list, that’s the one I was looking for at half price when I found the plague, how did you like it?

I absolutely love that part when Meursault is swimming with Marie

The imagery he uses is probably the best i've ever read

legit so so good, impeccable scene painting in the narrative

Pt. I of The Stranger is one of my favorite pieces of writing.
My dad died around the time I first read it and it really helped me grapple with the shit I was going through.

I'd kill for his writing skill

God bless you and your dad user

Did you cry?

Attached: 08BF7814-DEA4-4E3C-9A6E-7A59A5E9E6FA.jpg (717x1098, 799K)

Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.

I liked the Plague more than the Stranger. I think the plot was much more interesting, because it doesnt all revolve around the main character. Also the characters feel more real than the one dimensional statists from the stranger.

how about I slap your shit?

Attached: 1547916184229.png (2518x1024, 275K)

Same, user.

>tfw no Jean Tarrou bff

That's some heavy dope right there Marine.

Attached: 1550747561624.jpg (1928x814, 111K)

pls give me the sauce on this

Jarhead