Imagine not reading comic books unironically

Imagine not reading comic books unironically

>brb sick visuals to keep you interested
>brb literally every trope ever invented crammed into one universe
>brb has drama, love, sex, lust, philosophy, space demons, comfiness
>brb has infinite prequals and sequals, they can never end, just transfer to a new timeline or new earth
>brb cheap as fuck (under £5) and looks sick as hell on your nightstand
>brb more emotional and thought provoking story than something Albert Cuckmus would dream of writing

Attached: C57E8E70-A604-432F-9B2C-D80096D30E0C.jpg (895x416, 49K)

>big two shit
Shit thread already.

This. All star superman has better prose than any meme book. Only autistics read books.

Morrison might have his flaws but for the types of ideas he's trying to expose he's a very good wriiter, unironically. His Supergods book is just so easy to read, even though moost of it is astrology-tier shit he frames everything so well you end up buying some of his crazier points along with the reasonable ones.
Also, him and Quitely have an absurd sense of rhythm, which I suppose is a way to translate prose to commics.

I'm sorry user,i only read Bande Dessinée aka Superior European Comics

legit as fuck

it presents literature in the lowest form, not even close to the author trying to “be above you” which is to say every fucking lit approved book follows suit.

comics want to impress you, they exist for you, they want you to explore them. it is ridiculously satisfying to indugle in this medium of writing

Just so you know last time I made this sort of thread mods banned it as:
>1. All literature discussion is welcome, however fan-fic is not allowed.

It actually wasn't as baity as this either.

Anyway, capeshit is garbage.

Attached: alberich.jpg (600x932, 149K)

Western comics are fucking trash because the major companies still don't think of it as a visual medium.

The writer is always either some bloated egotist (Ellis, Morrison, Ennis) or some dumbshit kid with connections. In either case, the writer can never stop himself from clogging up the pages with expository dialogue and narrative boxes that clash against the artwork rather than working with it.

Separating the roles of writer and artist is an archaic system used by archaic companies. Niggers tongue my anus.

Don't read this filth or I will fucking genocide you.

Attached: be-pure-be-vigilant-you-know-the-rest.jpg (500x742, 179K)

batman is the king of capeshit and yet he has more philosohical explorations in his comics than any medium i’ve seen in my life

capeshit deals with Good vs Evil and that becomes so complex when the lines are blurred between killing or not. Its a great dynamic

Jeff Lemire is pretty decent.

Reasons why comics and their fans need to fuck right off:

1. They spawned the demand for superhero movies and have further dumbed down an already stagnant film industry.
2. Superpowers, alternative universes, never ending lore and constant sequels, something that you see as a strength actually robs the work of all impact and has historically been bread and circus for war-time worried plebs.
3. For every Persepolis, Eustace or anything vaguely original and poignant, there's a million useless stories about men in tights.
4. It's a clumsy medium for adaptation, if you don't want to read, watch a film. The way a film is shot, it's acting, musical score, etc can all make up for the lack of detail that the novel provided, whereas a comic compromises detail and visual/audible expression.
5. The mass appeal of comics in the last decade is not a sign that you are winning people over, it's a big bang inspired affectation that makes people look geeky for social cache without having to invest any effort. I'll concede people probably do that with literature but at least they are posing about a book a child couldn't actually read.

Comics are a waste of time. Read a book. Or watch a film of you're that lazy.

>reading Nemesis
A man of culture

Lemire's great, his indie stuff is so much better than his big two stuff.

The only people who ever have batman stuff look like maybe-recovering junkies

I mostly agree but there's stuff like johnny the homicidal maniac and also apparently every franchise under the sun has comic books so I can see why nerds might follow something that's never getting another movie or whatever and their autism just isn't satisfied

>1.
Wrong. Superhero movies are better than 90% of the crap produced today such as "The shape of water" and "Ready player one"
>2.
This is what makes them fun. All normal book shit is about old boomers drinking latte and brooding about their mortage.
>3.
Persepolise is bad. The only reason people like it is to be PC. This criticism can also be applied to books.
>4.
Objectively wrong. Superhero custumes are changed all the time.
>5.
Wrong, people like comics becuase they don't like shit books that are only read by pseuds with their heads stuck up high into their own asshole.

Comics are not Yea Forums kindly fuck off back to your containment board you bunch of semi-literate retards.

Attached: luna-lion-hat.jpg (500x560, 96K)

I had no idea that comic books are trending.

With the death of irony culture and Muh memes muh Yea Forums 400iq lit recommendations, its onl fair that this toxic shit circlejerk comes to an end. pseud shit is so overplayed, if they were even good books i wouldnt mind being a pseud

imagine reading 5,000 pages infinite jest instead of reading the entire Injuistice Justice League comics

Persepolis was shit, you fucking sodomite.

would you happen to be underage

Attached: Hey, Wait... 01.jpg (1022x1603, 333K)

the men in tights argument is ridiculous

look at the original LITERAL men in tights batman & robin, and look how in depth they’ve gone. batman with moral dilemmas and his robin(s) with multiple identity crisise

I get it now. The purpose of this thread is to see if there's anyone doing it for free. And if there is, does he into capeshit? Imagine being so fucking terrible at a volunteer job that you're going to be asked to leave.

CREDO!

>They spawned the demand for superhero movies
Wrong. Comic fans don't watch those shitfests.