Why is suicide wrong again?

>you will devastate your loved ones, leave them in so much pain
Fine then. So if a there's a person whose whole family is dead, has no friends or significant other; is it okay for them to commit suicide then?
If no one knows you, then no one will be saddened by your departue. Simple.
Are there any valid arguments against suicide that don't rely on utilitarianism?

Attached: sweetrope.jpg (840x405, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jkrishnamurti.org/content/suicide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You will die regardless. Why rush?

Probably aren't any that you wouldn't dismiss with your definition of utilitarian.

Who dictates the tempo? Why should one drag? Why is death a negative to you? The pain that precedes it, maybe- but afterwards, it's nothing but quiet peace.

you go to hell and pain for ever

Even if you don't commit suicide, you're still fucked if you picked the wrong god.
So yeah, bad argument.

Is depression when someone puts a loaded gun to my head and I don't care if they pull the trigger or not?

There will be no one there to perceive a quiet peace, life will go on forever, except without that particular organism. It depends on circumstance whether it needs be done

We have no clue what happens after death. You may go into an eternal pain state where the last thing you feel is how you'll feel forever.

pick the right god then

fuck off you hick

jkrishnamurti.org/content/suicide

>stop spawn killing us
>stop spawning

There's nothing wrong with it.

>We have no clue what happens after death

'you' get recycled and do it again

>the last thing you feel is how you'll feel forever.

who is 'you', and what is 'forever'?

Why kill yourself when you could be doing anything in the world?

>Entire family is dead
>No friends
>No girlfriend

No attachments, run to the woods, beat up your boss, stop paying taxes.
You give up exactly when you have so much freedom to set some things straight?

If you still want to kill yourself, do it, seems like a kinda shitty option.

Everything I wrote down is just crap, I have no idea why people even kill themselves desu

lol we have at least some clue, fukken retard

>Why is suicide wrong
What do you consider to be wrong? What would you consider valid? We need to know your moral framework other than you don't like utilitarianism

Suicide may also be regarded as an experiment—a question which man puts to Nature, trying to
force her to an answer. The question is this: What
change will death produce in a man’s existence
and in his insight into the nature of things? It is a
clumsy experiment to make; for it involves the
destruction of the very consciousness which puts
the question and awaits the answer.

Schopenhauer, Suicide

>Why is suicide wrong
I doubt that an actually suicidal person cares

It's not wrong. The greatest freedom in life is the ability to end it yourself. Just don't waste your life unnecessarily, you only have one. But if life is truly insufferable and there are no possible ways left for you to make it better, then there is nothing wrong with ending it.

Just don't do it on the spur of the moment. It needs to be a rational decision made from your own free will. If you decide to do it then wait at least 3 days and see if you still want to do it. A few days more won't make a difference.

because kant said it was bad

No, that is resignation. Resigning yourself to your circumstances.

What book is this thread about?

Depends on why you don't care.

my diary

At the end of the day it's your choice. One thing to consider, however, is that you don't know what comes next. One should seek to experience as much as possible before dying since nobody knows if you can come back from death.