So I wrote a book and sent it to a publisher...

So I wrote a book and sent it to a publisher. I got the thumbs down after waiting for two months for an email with their decision. I have now sent my book to another publisher and have to wait 2 two more months for that email with their decision. The thing is I think that I will get the thumbs down from them too. What should I do if I got it also from them? Keep trying or give up with publishers?

Attached: Lookaddhissmartmanamang.png (680x788, 117K)

What are your books about? Is it shitty YA fiction?

Why aren't you querying agents?

Nah. It's pretty short. 140 pages in Pages (Word for Mac), with 2.0 spacing and a word size of 14. I think it is original.

The synopsis is the relationship between a teenager with "emotional baggage" and a strange therapist. It also critiques some stuff socially.

I think it's pretty good.

First time I heard of it

Attached: gamergirl.jpg (1415x905, 317K)

Not him but how does the whole thing work? Should I send to agents or publishers?

Write about trannies instead

can't you just send it to multiple publishers?(and then choose if need be) .genuinely asking

Like Hemingway I believe the only people who can write about stuff and events are the people who was actually there or felt it. Since i'm neither a tranny in appearance or inside I can't comprehend such things or what trannies go through with being a tranny

Attached: ultrararewojak.gif (743x423, 26K)

I have thought of that. The thing is I don't think it's a good thing if multiple publishers decides they want to publish it. I'm really ignorant with this stuff. The book started as a fun little thing to do and after it was done I was like "I'm gonna send this to a publisher and drown in money and booty, it's that good". Maybe I should do it like you say.

Attached: idontplaychess.jpg (680x490, 83K)

People usually talk about length as wordcount, not pagecount.

That's true. The exact word count is 36 699. In each chapter I have included the title of a song, based on its lyrics, as a way to give the story and the two main characters more depth and hopefully enhance the experience for the reader. In one chapter I included a playlist of songs, there is 21 songs total. So exclude those and the word count is probably 36 550 or something. Think I have a chance?

Attached: Elephantsaarecool.jpg (1280x1483, 406K)

i like the one where wojak is making love to his brain best

thees one

Attached: wojak big brain.jpg (1200x800, 290K)

Is wojak getting cucked in this one or is he getting som d?

Attached: asdsa.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

This is like a novella or extended short story at most. It would probably come out to 60-80 pages in print.

Is amazon self publishing a meme? I have no idea how you'd get noticed on there amongst the thousands of others using it.

Yeah. I think that I will look for alternatives if this publishers gives me the no-won't-publish. The first publisher I sent to replied to me that they were interested but still deemed not fit to publish. Their reasoning is that my story is lacking and not the length, which I both agree on in som aspects but not in overall to deem it not publishable. So maybe I have a chance with this one. I will know in two months. I might look for alternate publishers that specialize in novellas as you say the length of the story is.

I have thought of doing that. But the case is that if you don't have a social media following or a following on youtube people wont buy it. There are som special cases I think but the majority gets lost in the abundance of works that is in amazon. And it seems that to actually be an established author you have to go through a publisher. So I would call amazon a meme.

Attached: tanksarenotsocoolanymore.png (898x409, 28K)

As the other user said, you should be querying agents who represent authors that write in your same genre.

When you submit to anyone, you should make your formatting as plain as possible. Times New Roman 12 point double-spacing, with page numbers, etc.. You should google how to format your submissions to a literary agent. Also you should have a cover letter as well.

Having multiple publishers who want to publish your book is a good thing. That is how you have bidding wars between publishers and end up making big bank off your novel before it even starts selling.

36k words isn’t really lengthy enough for a novel, even YA. To hit the sweet spot you need something in the 60-80k range.

In closing, I think your work is probably shit, but I won’t discourage you from trying. You should try to do at least some cursory googling on what agents and publishers in your genre are looking for. Also, bring rejected by two publishers is nothing. People who have written great books get rejected 50-100 times sometimes.

Try fucking a tranny and then write about it

Thank you for the helpful advice user. I will definitely try to follow your advice after I have confirmed them online. The thing is I have read things from publishers that are shit and made me drop the book after the first two or three chapters. So my impression is that they will publish anything as long as it is cohesive. I will follow up if I get published and have a screenshot of your post as the image as thanks. But as you say my chances are probably slim. I'm not too hopeful as of now, but I will still try.

I don't want to lmao. I haven't even fucked an actual girl yet

Attached: iidentifyasapache.jpg (1178x765, 208K)

how old are you and how much time did it take to write the book?

Be warned, long post incoming:

Nothing but truth here. The story is based on my time with two therapists. One online that I did willingly and one in person that my mom forced me to. My experience is that therapists are frauds. I told my problem and issues I had. To give insight to my "issues" is that I have very strict parents and they're pretty much forcing me to university. After taking Geography class and hating it I dropped out. That made me pretty much the talk between my relatives. For days or weeks they nagged me. But it worked out as I'm studying History and love it. I have worked things out with parents too so it's better than before.

In conclusion the therapists gave me none advice, They just encouraged me to leave the house. Bitch I would do that if I knew how. So I asked her how to get a job and hoped to me that she would present me to someone who had a job but all she did was give me advice that I could have found out online.

So after that I started working on this story. I wrote this as a way to accomplish a therapy session for myself that worked for me. All the personal shit I didn't tell the therapist cause she would probably judge me and give no advice whatsoever. So I wrote down my opinions of my family and other emotional shit to this fictional therapist. After that I decided to write a story based on these characters. So I wrote this not so long after finishing high school and dropping out of Geography and going to a therapist. So the feelings and emotions I had were pretty fresh. Thats how the story came to be, my own experience.

I wrote this when I was 19 in fall of beginning of September. As I was a drop out and had no job I had plenty of time to write this. I was done the 4th of January (the date I sent the story in), So it took me 4 months. My birthday is in June so I'm still 19.

This is too long for me to edit and correct sentences and I'm lazy so I won't do that.
In conclusion writing this was a big therapy session for me and I feel better now pretty much because of writing this and also fixing my relationship with my family.

TL:DR
I'm 19. It took me 4 months. I swear I'm not an emo but I like emotional songs about actual emotions and feelings and not about "where are youuu, i'm so sooooryyyy"

Attached: wojak_02.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x675, 64K)

Wow, nice user.
Ironically this book was your therapist.
Wish you the best, gl.

thanks user, I haven't talked to anyone about writing this so it warms that I get wishes of "good luck" from someone, good luck to you too user in accomplishing your healthy aspirations

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u7.jpg (750x1000, 44K)

Trannies are better than women

So are you the weird kid or the molesting therapist?

All I can say is my impression is that trannies are easier to get than woman. So you'll probably get laid before me..... or if you already have? How was tranny booty?

As every obnoxious writer says "Ehm, these characters are all part of me". But I would say just the therapist (who is not a molester!) and the weird kid is part of me. The other semi-major characters are based of people I have met or know.

Attached: lol.jpg (3300x1600, 1.04M)

>who is not a molester!
>spacing
user, best of luck with your work
But with all due respect, go back to

Pls don't make me. That place.....that thing.....it makes me sick. I will behave, promise!!!

>/r/eddit pic related

Attached: 22f84c62c342462155ed101646a8b4011117aac7r1-733-464v2_hq.jpg (733x464, 79K)

>this book was your therapist
make the reader aware of this somehow // touch on the theraputic calue of lit?
keep rewriting

>!!!
user please
Don’t do this

Send it to literary agents. If they exist in your country and find potential in your work, they'll themselves send it to publishers and get a share of your contract.

It's the best for debut authors. But should you not find success in finding an agent, I advise you to try to send it to publishers yourself.

Then again, publishing is tricky.

I think that I have accomplished that. For example the first chapter is just a conversation between the kid and the therapist. The major interactions between these two characters is in conversations.

The way I wrote this is making one chapter the kids chapter and the next is the therapists. I got this inspiration from the book "About a Boy - by Nick Hornby" and was surprised how well it flowed and how more depth it gave to the two main characters. The author made sure to convey that the story is between these two characters and I think I accomplished that too.

i am sorry

Thanks user. Before this post I had never heard of literary agents. I will definitely look into it.

Attached: meamverysmart.png (272x204, 32K)

Have you asked /r9k/?

Just use a typically black female name and write a story criticising white men. You'll get a seven figure book deal the next day.

About what? Publishing books? Literary agents? I have been to /r9k/ and its all fedora incels. I try to talk to them about stuff but get ignored all the time.

Lmao, sounds like you have a million dollar concept user. You should do it yourself and not reveal it to others.

Attached: 3d.jpg (903x960, 52K)

"Teresheea Ntombe - Y Wypipo b Poopoo."

I think this one is worth an eight figure book deal.

Next time you send it, don't forget to mention you're one of them gays, or might give you an edge, especially if they haven't filled their diversity quota yet.

I remembered this greentext I saved.

Attached: didisamerka.png (320x388, 62K)

A publisher’s desired sweet spot is 250-350 pages in print

All blacks are mixed race so