I want to make money writing erotica. How possible is this?

I want to make money writing erotica. How possible is this?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 10.46.29 PM.png (1366x712, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

new.antiq-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

clean ur tabs, bucko

>reddit tab
>facebook tab
>instagram tab
Honestly, kill yourself.

Also
>erotica
Sign of pure trash. Hope he burns in hell too.

very possible, simple matter of tapping into the zeitgeist of sensationalism, what's making people's juices flowing these days? Better still, what do you get off to? Use metaphors, I remember a line from a story years ago where a man was making love with a woman dancer, and while in missionary position she lifted, folded, extended and gently rotated her legs on either side of him giving him the impression of the wings of a giant bird (an angel, perhaps?) and a thrill better than, "All the ass-wiggling in the world."

>reddit tab
>instagram tab
>facebook tab
>google tabs
>youtube tab
>wikipedia tab
>cnn tab

Holy fucking shit.

Cringe

If you are thinking of writing "real" erotica, it is mostly possible if you a) are an at least half-way decent writer b) are quite willing to keep yourself in the picture online/social media-wise and invest in keeping a fan crowd and c) are willing to tackle taboo/fetishistic topics, especially well-written incest erotica is really sought-after apparently. Officially sites like Amazon don't sell them but in the community there's dog whistling going on.

If you want to make serious money writing "normal" stories about sex, it's going to be incredibly hard unless you are exceptionally talented and bend over backwards to create a buzz around everything you do.

It's entirely possible if you work fast and don't spend much time editing and just spam that shit on createspace

I regularly have over 200 tabs open.
>make serious money writing "normal" stories about sex, it's going to be incredibly hard
What's your definition of serious money, senpai? And what's normal sex? I don't know what normies do and don't fap to. Should it just be centric on one and only one fetish? If people were reading a "hot guy in a suit" story and there was a random sudden watersports scene would that turn them off? So to avoid it, if you want to write about watersports you have to make the whole thing about piss and title it "piss drinking golden showers yellow milker yum yums"?
And what social media, twatter?

>current year
>having a Facebook
Never gonna make it

To make it clear I'm not OP.

>What's your definition of serious money, senpai?
I'm not involved enough in the scene to know what is realistic. But I mean doing it as a side job vs just getting 50$ a month or something, which I think should be within reach pretty quickly as long as you produce a lot.

>And what's normal sex?
Loving, passionate sex with bodily exploration (anal, a toy, whatever). Rough sex where either the man or woman is dominant but that stays within the lines (e.g. name calling, spanking, hair pulling, bondage, maybe an open-handed slap, but no chastity devices, no drawing blood, no honest to god "you are worth nothing" verbal degradation, no actual assault/rape). Exciting tropes that are a little extra but still somewhat socially accepted, like an age difference, an affair with a married person, an interracial relationship, a boss/employee thing.

I don't know if you have a particular orientation in mind but your safest bet is to go for straight up incest or stuff like vore, feeding/stuffing/inflation, furries, giant(esse)s, scat/vomit and so on.

Reason for this is that the communities are smaller and word gets around faster, the competition isn't as extensive, and because there's less material available the willingness to pay for content tends to be higher.
Yes you want to brand it using the most taboo/extreme thing. Both because people wanting to read about hot men in suits are not necessarily into pee, while the opposite is no issue, and because you want to attract the pee crowd because they are more likely willing to pay than the crowd who likes men in good suits and can watch a wide range of movies, stories and so on.

Having said this of course you can combine a little. Just because you write about an incestuous relationship doesn't have to mean all the sex they have is otherwise vanilla. Just make sure they're not too far from one another. You don't want to combine watersports and furries for example because the risk of displeasing people on both sides is big. Whereas if you write a scat story, including farts is kind of expected even if not every reader will be equally into it.

Not everything needs to be about piss, actually far from it, what people want is a story that's explicit and unashamedly kinky AND has believable, normal characters they can relate to. That's the hardest to find. But you have to make it clear right away in the description that it's about watersports and calling it something like A Watersport and a Pastime would definitely help generating the attention of would-be-customers.

>what social media
Create a work email or kik or whatever where people can ask you questions or make requests. Lurk in the communities (or better yet, don't lurk but post) like the reddit section of the fetish and online forums - many obscure fetishes have forums for enthusiasts - and then make a song and dance about how you wrote your first story and would appreciate any and all feedback.

>scat/vomit and so on
actually happens to be my fetish. So I should probably use a variety of pen names so someone reading my "hot guy in a suit" stuff won't stumble on "facefucked until puked all over his dick" stuff? I was recommended smashwords but I don't know if that's actually the best for harder stuff.
>reddit
You're shitting me that there's a subreddit for...shitting me. Guess i have to find out where these people lurk and self-shill there.
Also thanks. Coming from a Yea Forums/gurochan//d/ perspective I don't know how normal people view things. Other than Yea Forums I don't know about other websites or these newfangled apps. Guess I can ask around and sniff them out.

Please don't

Definitely bank on your fetish. Most stories are kind of repetitive and I think a skilled writer could go a long way faking it, but there's no capturing the real vitality/enthusiasm in imagination if it gets you going personally. And it's going to be a plus to people reading it, or a promising feature at least.

Of course man, there's something for everything. Just googling scat subreddit gave me several (including /r/realscatgirls) and you're probably best off asking within one of those communities what the most active board is. Such a mess that website.

Also found you this new.antiq-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Imo if it's allowed by the website policies to mention that it's about scat I would. But definitely check out what similar authors are ding, maybe it's considered trashy I don't know. It seems more practical for me though I guess a suggestive title would also do the trick.

I am currently making money writing erotica. Not a lot, but steadily increasing. It's possible, you just have to keep writing. Publish shorts, charge $2.99 for them, and work on your next short immediately afterwards. Pick good keywords on Amazon, have a nice cover, but not too racy so you get adult-filtered and hidden from wide searches. Then sales will come. It'll be beer money, but who knows? Maybe you will find the niche that makes you champagne money.

Oh yeah, find a niche. A specific kink.

tiddies

faggot

Can you imagine a world where no lower-standard culture exists?

Attached: file.png (467x398, 50K)

Attached: 1A6E429E-F8F3-4C95-AF7F-F552A078E82F.jpg (313x500, 36K)

>he didn't read the bell curve