Living a life without love

Do you think it's possible to live a full, content life without romantic love?

Despite having gone through two serious and seemingly affection-laden relationships, the best memories I have are all solitary moments.

Attached: hm ok.jpg (2048x1536, 502K)

I want to believe it is

Which book is this about? Did you forget this is a literature board and not your personal blog?

>my
>diary
>desu

hut

i don't know mate, I've never experienced it, 25 and virgin, never had a gf either.

Attached: 1544016836337.jpg (321x340, 34K)

You must have something else that can sustain you and pour your life in to. That's the only way you can do it: Having a very fulfilling job that drives you.Essentially, you have to be an autist.
Isaac Newton is a good example. The French movie "un coeur en hiver" depicts such a type too.
Haven't read any literature where romantic longing is completely absent though

Just make a tulpa

If it makes you feel any better, I feel much more worse currently than I did when I was 19 and felt as though 'tfw no gf' was an anguish that couldn't be eluded.

I'll put that movie on my list of to-watch. One book I recall to mind where romantic longing is rejected or rendered negative in a sense is Pessoa's (Soares') Disquiet.

I'm romantically in love myself. I would fuck my female form if I could, even though I'm depressed I don't hate myself (that much).

That's just textbook narcissism friendo.

Yeah.
The idea that romantic love is the greatest good is Hollywood bullshit.

>The Iliad was just Hollywood bullshit
>Much of the Old Testament was just Hollywood bullshit
>Ovid was afflicted by Hollywood bullshit
>Dante was afflicted by Hollywood bullshit
>Shakespeare was afflicted by Hollywood bullshit
>Tolstoy was afflicted by Hollywood bullshit

I could go on forever, holy fuck.

Sounds like you just went through a breakup lol, you'll get over it.

The Iliad, Old Testament, Ovid's work are literally myths, they have nothing to do with reality. Dante never even talked to Beatrice, he just wrote about her because it seemed cool. Shakespeare's most famius play is about a guy talking to a ghost. Tolstoy died in a train station when he was running away from his wife.

>Do you think it's possible to live a full, content life without romantic love?
If your idea of a full and content life involves things related to romantic love it's not possible; if not, of course.

You are really dumb. For real.

No because that means not having children and a family which is the whole purpose of life.

Why?

>friendo

Attached: le.jpg (517x634, 126K)

Definitely, and really, most people do without admitting it--most marriages are unhappy

I picked it up from some CS friends. would you prefer it if i called you faggot or nigger or newfag (likely the most suitable of the three)

Buddha once said: "Fuck bitches, they are Satan spawn to keep lads away from enlightenment", I think nigga was right.

Yea Forums - literature
can all you sad little turds fuck off please

No you can't. Nuns "marry" Christ for this reason, you need romantic love to function, or at least women do.

How do you get upset so easily lol

Of course it's possible, it's just not possible for everyone.

Epictetus and Epicurus are men from two rival schools of philosophy who lived full, content lives without romance. I think that Christianity has plenty of examples. Anthony the Great, for example.