Prose is more important than plot

>prose is more important than plot

Attached: file.png (645x729, 130K)

>plot is more important than characters

Attached: f.jpg (750x382, 34K)

>characters are more important than theme

Attached: angry.png (698x918, 451K)

>characters are theme

Attached: 3028FB2B-2FD3-4B98-873D-3717120F21C5.gif (200x200, 1.16M)

prose trumps all

ive always thought prose meant an original way an author speaks through what he writes, but when i looked the word up it only meant anything that is not poetry. what does Yea Forums think prose is?

>THERE'S A PLOT HOLE IN THIS STORY
>THEREFORE IT IS INFERIOR TO ANIME

Yea Forums misuses it, like using 'kino' as an adjective

The word they're looking for is 'style'

Style is absolutely better than substance, so I don't know if it is an adequate replacement.

Without good prose, nothing else is dressed well.

Though theme & narrative > prose, so long as the writer can in fact write. >>>Plot

What? No it isn't. Spewing pretty words without arriving to a point is like masturbating to your reflection. Leave that to self-centered imbeciles.

Pontificated like a true anachronism.

I mean, in any book thats worth a damn that's not just the writer pontificating on something the plot should be directly interwoven with the themes and narrative. They should be nearly inseparable.

aesthetic is the only meaningful quality

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that Yea Forums talks about authors' prose, when they really mean authors' style

>fiction is more important than non-fiction

Attached: 1512346334073.jpg (699x919, 214K)

rec me some good non-fiction, m8

The prose of Frank Herbert's work is generally dull and repetitive, but his plots were original and engaging.
Most scifi greats had dreadful prose.

Fear and Trembling

The ego and its own.

>philosophy
>non-fiction
lmao

>anything
>non-fiction
lmao

>anything
>fiction
lmao

We literally dont know that the events of any fiction story happened or not. So they're all nonfiction