Books that have intreresting ideas, but are ruined by the author's writing style

>Books that have intreresting ideas, but are ruined by the author's writing style.

Attached: SolarisNovel.jpg (220x337, 14K)

Dune
what the fuck was he thinking

How do you know? You're probabily reading a translation

I read the original, the writing style still fucking sucked ass.

The man in the high castle. From what I've been told Dick's books are usually much better, but after having read that one I'm pretty hesitant about reading his other stuff.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

>not liking Lem's dry, detached style
plebejusz desu

This desu Solaris is good.

Attached: Solaris.jpg (479x799, 92K)

Wrong

Almost all hard sci fi

I'll take 'sci-fi' for 100, Alex

>Books that have interesting prose style, but are ruined by themes, characters and ideas.

Attached: Bible_Cover.jpg (400x300, 12K)

Half of the damn author's words come from Latin, so much so it cannot be understand by the average millennial.

Attached: download.jpg (182x278, 8K)

What about
>books that have boring ideas, but are sublimated by the author's writing style

Anyone?

Blood Meridian

Joyce

Dont, his prose is ass in all his books, he writes like a little kid

>sci-fi
>interesting ideas
lel

Dick’s prose is literally better in french translation. That’s how bad a writer he was.

Translations don't ruin the style down to the level that Solaris is on.

I've only read Electric Sheep by him, and the style was no good in there either.

please give him another chance
i hated that book and didn't read any others for years but now he's my favourite author

try ubik

His style is simplistic but it gets the job done. The man wrote a shitload of books every year while high to hell and back, cut him some slack

if you were to read only 1 book by pkd it should be Ubik, but yeah, he's not exactly known for his prose

PKD, practically all his books.

Attached: 1536233866458.png (377x557, 368K)

Post an excerpt

Anything by Stephen King.

Delete it now

Attached: autor_2069_bfl_1.jpg (375x472, 38K)

>The man in the high castle
Tbh that is one of his worse "mainstream" novels. I swear the universe doesnt make any fucking sense and people just by it for the "nazi domaniation boogeyman" charade. The series is even more laughable. The book just stands up on its attention grabbing theme and nothing else.

Attached: 1540733289560.jpg (1000x800, 42K)

At a minimum, 95% of all sci-fi ever written

Read The Exegesis.

found the poltard

The style is the idea.

>If he shits on any anti-facist/anti-right wing novel then he is a poltard
Im pretty left leaning myself but it doesnt take to be a genius to see that his novel is nothing but a theme standing on itself.

This. Frank Herbert was a hack. His neologisms are something a 12 year old would come up with