Any books on why so many marriages turn out to be disappointing and miserable?

Any books on why so many marriages turn out to be disappointing and miserable?

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1049, 73K)

It's just an essay though

Attached: Voltairine de Cleyre - They Who Marry Do Ill.png (470x723, 167K)

Okay, I'll ask. What happened with you and your wife, OP? Please share with us.

I'm not married. I just hear a lot of horror stories through acquaintances and the Internet. Also infidelity and divorce statistics.

Attached: image.jpg (734x408, 61K)

...so to follow it up, I recommend the Bergman light comedy, Smiles of a Summer Night

Attached: Smiles of a Summer Night.jpg (1280x943, 208K)

Ty very much Tripfag (seriously).

God, I hope that image is a troll.
Very funny movie.

Some psychology book I guess. People don't know themselves and are guided by subconscious needs. When they find that their partner can't fit in their idealized form they split and seek again. It's the aesthetic phase on Either-or.
We are immature traumatized babies looking for the perfect mommy

I've actually been considering Either/Or. What is the superior translation?

Fucking hell, man.

Attached: 1543137695725.jpg (900x900, 81K)

Madame Bovary

The Bible. There is hope...

thanks Freud fag

how do i stop being like this, all my interactions are pretty much like op pic

:/

Attached: Loneliness.jpg (333x499, 17K)

I got engaged in December.

I did it because I can see the possibility of being happy living and starting a family with another person. Her heart is so big and amazing, and she's so wise. We aren't Christian (technically I'm Hindu) but we both serve and adore God.
I love her so much.

disgusting.

OP here. This is mostly my experience as well. I've basically reached the conclusion that sexual "love" does not really exist. If you are under 25, then the girl acts like pic related (she is not sexually attracted to you) or she fucks and does anything (she is sexually attracted to you). Compatibility, mutual interests, etc. have nothing to do with "love." For the man, it is determined by the man's attractiveness and his assertiveness, for the man it's mostly attraction.

Makes me sad desu. I know that I could never love a fat or ugly person, which is even more proof that romantic love doesn't really exist. You have fun sex (or not) between 16 and 30, and then maybe you enter into a marriage in exchange for sex every few months (missionary, and silent the whole time).

*For the woman, it is determined...

I am illiterate. Forgive me

The girl on OP pic is depressed. You probably are damaged in some way too so that's why you are attracted to needy deficient people
You describe friendship. Romantic love has some amount of sexual attractiveness involved.

Based and redpilled

The only true form of love is friendship between two men, and a woman with her child. Everything else is a lie.

BS

This.
Women are physically incapable of loving their oppressors.

fuck this. I will just wait until AI robots are built and marry one of those.
(any books for this feel?)

All of my friends have tried to fuck my wife, who has told me all of it, so she most likely sees me as her child, as clearly do my friends as well

This guy should just collect proof that she cheated, then it's easy win from there. The /r9k/ meme of women always getting everything after divorces is just a meme.

Also if he doesn't want to divorce he could just go around fucking young women. It's easier for middle aged men than it is for middle age women.

Another solution is to burn everything he has then ask for divorce. So that she gets nothing.

Basically he lacks imagination.

God told my wife to get a divorce.

Good luck Pajeet, I wish you the best.

This is a pathetic description of love and sex from someone who is bad at sex

don't bother, it's just class warfare.

>this is mostly my experience as well
>proceeds to make sweeping statements about men and women based on those experiences
Sorry dude but your autism around the fairer sex is not the science you think it is

nah it does exist you idiot

I'm redpilled.

'True love' is a jewish Hollywood fiction made to emasculate the white man and make him easy to control. It's a way to get women power and subsequently have liberal beliefs (women feelings) pervade all aspects of society so that the white race can be eradicated, i.e. by lowering birth rates and importing immigrants.

In reality women cannot truly love, as they are too shallow to be truly ethical or loyal. true love exists only between white male nationalists fighting for a cause in the trenches.

Family Happiness Tolstoy

>(you)

I reckon it's pretty messy having gay sex in the trenches.

Thanks, but I'm a Caucasian American who converted. Southeast India was dirty, but the people were so kind and generous with their time and homes that it felt very much like home to me too. (But yeah, I did see a lot of open street shitting. I'm proud that I never stepped in a single thing while I was there.)

As for your marriage, I'm sorry. What's the story? Did she just declare it out of the blue?

>be dumb childish euro/amerimutt that lacks introspection or patience and lost all traditions
>TEEVEE TOLD ME WHAT BEING IN LOVE AND BEING MARRIED MEANS BTW DID YOU WATCH AMERICAN NINJA GONNA TAKE UP NINJITSU HAHA
>wow wtf marriage isn't like in the advertisments time to divorce haha
>guys i'm gonna consume more media now instead of making an effort haha

epic
west was a mistake
all glory to chinese overlords

relationships, like all things, require maintenance

Attached: hegel qoute.jpg (850x400, 39K)

I was rooting for you until you said you are hindu.

I hope you have punished your wife each time for snitching on your friends.

To truly be in love with someone is the purest form of slavery. You are in love with your master and will do anything for him/her

Its best not to say it out loud either.

As they say, show, dont tell.

Fuck dykes and fuck tripfags.

That's cool, my path to Hinduism has been pretty circuitous. Most people wouldn't be comfortable with it unless they had the experiences I've had.

It amazes me how many similarities there are between Hinduism and Catholicism (3-part God, the number of saints and their connection to specific geographic and ethnic groups, tradition of celibate monkhood) but there are just as many differences (there are other gods, which are course part of the one God but they are worshipped separately, priests are not celibate, and it is almost completely decentralized).

Attached: 517o-Y8DYXL.jpg (347x500, 44K)

> born into a naturally abundant planet and convinced to accumulate wealth
>share it with a woman you love
>she uses it to hold you hostage in your own house
>you're so afraid to lose that you let her stamp all over your life and basically lose everything anyway

Hilarious application of the ideas fed by secular powers

Attached: DzUDJQ7UcAAog_u.jpg (1200x900, 146K)

love is a humbling experience and fear of this experience yields the worst results in people. Approach anyone you know as a close friend and ask them if they believe in love. I guarantee that if you're not too pussy to do this, you'd get all the proof you need as to whether its real
also, get off the internet

Not specifically that but In Search of Lost Time explores in great detail the difference between longing for something and the reality of attaining it

Attached: 046EA79B-0275-4F6B-95A2-6FED472E20C2.jpg (1500x2400, 285K)

DELET THIS

My friend, I appreciate your path to Hinduism and am glad you've found happiness on it. I would suggest not comparing Hinduism to Christianity (or an Abrahamic faith). There are things in Hinduism that can only be really understood by studying it on its own merit, not through comparison to something as recent as Christianity. A small example, the Trimurthi is a really new thing in Hinduism, and greater richness and depth awaits in reading older scriptures about the Vedic gods. But I'm sure you'll learn in due time, good friend. You seem like a solid dude.

>We are immature traumatized babies looking for the perfect mommy

Attached: 1549949426522.jpg (639x492, 39K)

Because people nowadays have unrealistic expectations about love and marriage. People believe that: passionate love/infatuation is the greatest thing in life. If you have this love, your life is great. If you don't, your life is shit. And this belief is stronger on those that have never had a relationship. And another belief is that marriage is about this kind of love.

But... Passionate love can't guarantee you happiness. It works more or less like a drug on your brain (there is some research on this), giving a high and making your judgement on the person you love go to shit, so you can't see that person's bad points but magnify their good points. It is "designed" to make you want to procreate with someone and stay with that person for 3 years or so (passionate love lasts about 2 to 3 years). So, if someone believes life and marriage are about passionate love, of course when it eventually passes, the marriage will end, since people feel that the basis for it is not there anymore.
Another problem is that some people nowadays became junkies for passionate love and then turn into serial monogamists.
Nowadays there are also the mega hedonists who think the greatest thing in life is pleasing their genitals. In one hand, this is a more miserable lifestyle than that of the romantics. On the other, they won't even marry, so they won't have failed marriages.

So, people just have a wrong idea on what is the end of marriage. Marriage is for procreation and raising a family, not for some Hollywood fairytale.

I strongly recommend the short story by Maupassant called 'In the Spring' - a better title would be 'Beware Of love!'
It's around 5 pages long and can be found for free here: classicreader.com/book/536/1

Yeah and all that medieval love poetry is what? Faked by ‘(((Hollywood)))’? Not to mention the Greek ideas of love?

>nowadays

People romanticizing romance is not new

jesus christ, get new friends asap

>The /r9k/ meme of women always getting everything after divorces is just a meme.
It's a statistical truth. They don't end up faring well after the divorce, though, implying that they merely follow trendy behavior instead of smart.

Les Quinze Joies de mariage
extremely based
you can find translations online

Attached: 33258_5.jpg (716x1280, 296K)

Sex and Character by Otto Weininger

>'True love' is a jewish Hollywood fiction made to emasculate the white man

Did you know reality is a Jewish plot to emasuclate the white man? By creating existence white men were able to exist, and hence to be humiliated. A TRVE WHITE PATRIOT will attempt to nulify existence itself and through humanity into the screaming abyss.

The aim of marriage was family, not achieving bliss via romantic love.

>a drug on your brain (there is some research on this)
Death to scientism and death to materialism. "Studies show X is Y" is the last man's attempt at making an assertion.

Become Christian or fuck off

Do the Nietzschean ubermensch ignore truths that go against their romantic view of life?

Jude the obscure