Anyone know where I can get this for cheap...

Anyone know where I can get this for cheap? It’s $45 and up on amazon and I doubt I’ll see this at my local bookstore. I want to read it and see what all the fuss is about.

Attached: B8EFB89C-9375-443C-8213-3D8724504DAE.jpg (257x380, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dzancbooks.org/our-books/women-and-men
archive.org/details/womenmennovel00mcel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I should also add my local library doesn’t have a copy.

archive.org

it's $25 new you stupid fucking bitch
dzancbooks.org/our-books/women-and-men

why not try for digital copy.

All his books are priced near $40 for some reason. I'd grab a PDF, read some, then decide if it's worth the cash.

archive.org/details/womenmennovel00mcel

Thank you for the link you stupid fucking bitch

>not having a signed copy already

Attached: joey-m.jpg (2448x2590, 517K)

Honestly because he’s not super well known it would probably be easy to get a signed copy.

I regret waiting to get Gass to sign my books :(

Fuck I forgot he died so recently! I regret it too user. I need to get around to getting his books that aren’t the tunnel, such as middle C

Middle C is lovely. His writing might be my favorite, just a master with words.
>Infants and small children are sheltered from such changes, which take place at a level in adult life they hope, as they age, they will never reach. But the smells were different, the look of their parents, the clothes they wore, the way they walked, the frowns they bore, were different, and to infants and small children the look of things, the sound and smell of things, the feelings, like atmosphere, that fill every emptiness, are all that life is.

So is Ian McEwan and James Salter. Salter is so fucking good and I’ve never see him mentioned here.

Is this novel worth it or not? What's it even about?

Omensetter's Luck is also breathtaking.

Attached: omen.jpg (1280x753, 335K)

I have no idea, that’s why I started the thread because I just hear it’s amazing.

McElroy is underrated as fuck. Plus is unlike anything you've ever read and Lookout Cartridge is the best book written in the last 50 years. Echoes of Joyce.

Attached: photo77.jpg (640x317, 192K)

>fill every emptiness, are all that life is.
This sounds pessimistic this line, but is Gass being literal by saying that life is empty and these are the building blocks of life YET it happens to be empty?

Gass was always pessimistic, and his use of 'emptiness' in the context of life is definitely intentional, but also just that to children, emotions and feelings are what fill every memory, and color how they relate to their world

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I made this year a point to understanding themes and intentions of the author in what they write about. Like understanding pessimism for example in an authors work like Gass.

Most of Gass' characters are wretched. The main character in Middle C has the walls of his attic covered with newspaper clippings of tragic events, horrible accidents, obituaries, genocide, and death.

Damn, no wonder people regard the tunnel as disturbing literature (I haven’t read it yet but I’m excited to get to it eventually). Jeff tweedy from Wilco is a huge fan of Gass and said he influenced his lyric writing around Summerteeth.