Why yes, I insist upon the Oxford comma

>Why yes, I insist upon the Oxford comma

Attached: I just don't understand this Tracey Emin art.jpg (500x500, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N82HCljbM94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Not understanding that, commas, much like English, have no real rules, but instead, allow you to create pauses, emphasis, and general annoyance to certain types, especially stuffy linguist types, who fear the chad run-on sentence.

,This,

Seriously...are there people in real life who don't naturally use the Oxford comma; like, not making a statement or anything, but feeling that it is needed for consistency?

>He bought some coke, liquor, and ice.
>He bought some coke, liquor and ice.

It is obvious which is the superior sentence.

Based, and redpilled.

>the chad run-on sentence.
English is beautiful tbqh

>he eats grass, shoots and leaves

It is so obviously superior that I don't understand how this 'debate' is even a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=N82HCljbM94

Actually wouldn't look half bad without the ugly raylon tie, non-spread collar, and terribly patterned suit top, and atrocious eyeglass frames.
The cringe here is not the fedora for once but everything else.

the cringe here is this fucking post
yikes fella

Compare. A fedora is still shit but the rest of his manner of dress is even worse.

Attached: why yes.png (500x500, 426K)

Dude what. That fedora doesn't even fit on his head properly.

Yeah. He looks like a Jew and unlike the greasy haired Germanics, Jews can pull off the 1930s New Yorker look pretty well. Unfortunately, the hat's just not his fit.

I was at a wild party with these smokin hot babes, Rolph and Mingus.

>he bought some blow Hennessy an some crystal
fixed

actually, being proud of knowing about the existence of some debate about oxford commas among some amorphous mass of nerds is pure reddit.
I can literally picture the weird beard on the guy who brings it up at a bar. I'm meeting him because my girlfriend arranged a double date to help out some weird friend of a friend or girl from work who seemed super desperate and lonely.
On the way home, in the car, we talk about how she'll be totally fine once she leaves him and how her situation doesn't make us quite as depressed anymore because it's just a short matter of time before that realization.

Nobody steal this. I like this moment for my novel.

I could accept an inference that he was proud of his position within the debate. Point to his pride in knowing about the debate. I do not see it.

The only reason this meme argument exists is because people understand what an oxford comma is, and because it has "oxford" in the name (so it must be smart).

Also, I've never met anyone anti-oxford. I don't even think it's a debate, I think it's just a pin to be worn by people who need to think they care about something

>I don't even think it's a debate
I was taught to omit it in school. It took some convincing to get me on the other side because I am a Strunkian and the minimalism appeals to me. There truly is a disagreement.

>Why, yes, I insist in the Oxford comma.

>For breakfast I had orange juice, cold cereal and ham and eggs.
I don't see anything wrong with it.

Or simply
>He bought Coke liquor and ice

Perfection

The use of, or the lack of use of, the Oxford comma can be fun when playing with ambiguity. Save that example, however, I always make use of it. Habit more than anything.

I stand corrected, surprised and newly informed.

>not speaking a language that explicitly forbids the oxford comma

Attached: TÜRK man gazing dismissively at ar*b mongrels.png (274x284, 115K)