Books on Living Alone in the Rocky Mountains

I'm a European that is going to live in Western Canada for a year. What are some good books about people's lives in the Rocky Mountains or mountain states.

Fiction or non-fiction about living alone in the environment would be great. Maybe some good works on frontiersman would be good or even more modern stories. Other books on people living in similar environments would be fine too.

Attached: lookout.jpg (1600x1200, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jack London for one

I thought the limit was 6 months.

What are the best books of his to check out, are there any other similar authors too?

I'll be applying for a canadian study permit at university, and using the extra time at the end of the course

"A River Runs Through It" is a really nice read with various short stories from Western Montana in the first half of the 20th century.

I thought rocky mountains was america

Read the book Missing 411 west coast edition by former police officer David Paulides to read about the supernatural entity that has been abducting and killing people without a trace all along the west coast and Rockies for over a hundred years (true story and it's still happening), remember while you are there to not wear bright colors (especially red) and to always stay inside with the doors and windows firmly locked whenever there is a storm going on or the radio says one is approaching (that's when it abducts people to hide its tracks)

Attached: 1519061339908.jpg (1522x985, 471K)

European here too, fed up with life. How can I lose myself in the vast unknown of the new world? Is it easy to convince a burger girl to marry?

Consolations of the Forest by Sylvain Tesson

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Attached: 91dWOUqnHkL one mans wilderness dick proenneke.jpg (1717x2475, 955K)

Fuck off, we're full :^)

Monroe Doctrine.

>>I'm a European that is going to live in Western Canada for a year.
No you're not.

Desolation angels

Hysterical

Bigfoot? Sasctchawan isn't real.

if the the girl is a uggo you might have luck.

local cuisine's good there

Attached: deez nutz.jpg (540x349, 22K)

>(true story and it's still happening),

Where are you staying in the mountains?

Just finished this. Only the first quarter is in the fire lookout, but good nonetheless.

OP if you can recite any Robert Service poems all Canadians will love you.