This is shit

This is shit.

Attached: shit.jpg (331x499, 40K)

Yes, it was a cash grab the author never wanted published

Is To Kill a Mockingbird any good, Yea Forums?

It's required reading in most high schools for a reason.

>most US high schools
clarification

Yo nigga is this like a continuation of that cover of Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, like her Book is da start of da train and dis book is a continuation.

Nigga.

Nigga that’s raw.

It's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It's a comfy book.

Yes, the more progressive schools have banned this book because it has the words negro and nigger in it, not to mention its problematic nature of a WHITE author depicting BLACK characters.

whoa...

Kill yourself tripnigger

It was pretty good. Wholesome yet dark at the same time. Liberals hate it because it says "nigger" a lot tho in the context of the time period it makes sense. Stormfags/white nationalists hate it because the black guy (Tom) is literally innocent in the story and it was a horny rednecked white bitch that wanted to muh dik him

Don’t forget that incels hate it because it perpetuates the narrative that women can cry rape and get away with it.

She didnt want it published, was elder abused into signing contracts and releasing it. Theres a reason this didnt come out until after her sister (primary caretaker) died. I'm not reading it

and her sister was her lawyer
Harper Lee was the perfect writer
wrote one book won Pulitzer
spent 1/2 of the year in New York going to plays and museums for all those years

Its a product of its industry. TKAM took advantage of the mass-market platform during its early days, and managed to put a copy of TKAM into the hands of thousands of readers, irrespective of the quality of the book.

Its still good, but its massive popularity is just good marketing strategies. Its like the Nirvana of classic literature.

Honestly if I could pull it off I'd do the same thing. Why do more work than you need to?

Nirvana’s success wasn’t a marketing thing, but everything after Nevermind was.

Natch it's Larper Hee

Thats true as well

>the narrative that women can cry rape and get away with it.
>narrative

Please say nigger, Scout. This is Yea Forums.

Yes

Atticus Finch has the greatest redemption arc in literature. He went from a liberal faggot in To Kill a Mockingbird to a respectable Southern Gentleman in Go Set a Watchman. I never saw the twist coming of him LARPing as a SJW merely as a way to shield Scout from the reality of race relations in order to protect her innocence. It's actually pretty heartbreaking.