For some reason my old thread was deleted

For some reason my old thread was deleted.

I'm still going to prison (or jail, like americans would say) for a few months. And i'm still fine with it because that means i'll be forced to read instead of looking at a screen.

And I am still open for suggestions what books i should bring with me.

Attached: 1549490712003.jpg (630x507, 83K)

they arent going to let you bring books retard

in the letter they sent me they explicitly say i'm allowed to bring books or magazines for "education or entertainment"

Mein Kampf
For My Legionaries
The Prison Notes

What did you do, user?

Also, I'd suggest learning Arabic so you can eavesdrop on what the Muslims are up to.

Probably got caught dealing drugs or some stupid immature shit

What are you going to prison for? What did you do?

I unironically want to go to prison. I'm scandinavian too so wouldn't be bad. It would be like going to a monastery. I just want more free time for reading and less stress.

>What did you do, user?

Accused of hitting/choking my ex, which i did not do, and blackmailing her, which i might have done.. without really intending to do so. Didn't show up in court, which probably played a part in my conviction.

are you guys for real or is this a meme on this board? the people shilling for fascist literature?

i might take a look at the romanian thing tho

Attached: 1550670405182.jpg (1024x1545, 329K)

>meme
Not a meme. Hitler dictated his book while in prison. Codreanu wrote his prison notes while awaiting his eventual assassination by the state.
I can understand anti-semitism being off putting. But I think you'd be surprised to find out what those books are like.

yeah, i'm thinking like that, too. maybe except for the stress part. i could avoid going to jail if i'd pay around 1k€, but i prefer checking out prison life and finally being forced to read again.

>the people shilling for fascist literature?
Why not read it and see what it's all about? You're gonna have a lot of time, might as well.

What country? In us or britain I imagine you would get smashed for beating a woman. In eurocuck land it's more like a summer camp

Scandinavian prisons look comfy as fuck. No wonder the wretched hordes want to live there. Your comparison to a monastery is interesting though. I wonder how successful a monastic-style getaway for men would be where everyone just reads books in a nice setting and maybe has a group discussion in the evening and other activities throughout the day.

Hmm, the more I think about it, the nicer it sounds but the more likely it is to completely fall flat.

I've read Mein Kampf when my great grandmother died and i got her 1934 original. It's pretty trashy and i really can't understand it's "appeal". She also left behind Goebbel's "Vom Kaiserhof zur Reichskanzlei", his 1920s/30s diary. Interesting but not really appealing.
I'll probably gonna take a look at the Codreanu piece tho.

The thing with nordic prisons is they are deceptively "comfy" looking. In reality, they're designed to isolate you. Its a form of psychological torture.

I cant imagine OP going to jail for anything other than being a child molesting nonce.

Germany. Might be similiar, i don't know. And i don't really care. I can defend myself, but i don't think anyone's giving too much fucks about anyone else, too. And it's not like i'm going to be locked up with murderers, people with sentences of 7 years or more (iirc) are kept away from idiots like me.

You probably read one of the many intentionally terrible translations out there. Stalag is all you should read, its the official translation.
The appeal is pretty blatantly obvious. The story of the underdog dreamer.
No ordinary person goes from a homeless orphan to dictator of germany.

No, i read the German originals. I'm from Germany.

I want to have a kind of camp/temple like that where you can come and excercise and read or do whatever self improvement meme you want. Just escape from the modern world for a while. Maybe it could be a neo-pagan thing. It'd get out lawed though and labeled a cult for sure
True but I'm already isolated enough as it is. But in prison I would be able to do what I want instead all the time. As long as there's a gym and books and I would serve less than a year I could keep my mental health in check.

Attached: 1514751210222.jpg (800x792, 74K)

Ah fair enough then. Doubt they would even allow you to read that book in prison in the first place lol.

Have you read any Ernst Jünger? He's one of my fav german writers.

Maybe don't read Mein Kampf then, unless you're really enjoying your time locked up and want to stay there.

I can see isolation getting to someone eventually, but if you're just interested in reading books and contemplating your life for a year or so, it sounds pretty nice. Better than a US prison where you've got to join a gang just to not get shanked in the showers

Crime & Punishment
Beyond Good and Evil
The Book of Disquiet

only the english audiobook of In Stahlgewittern and parts of "Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis". really liked it, and it's a good addition to Remarque.Thanks for reminding me to get some of his.

I'm still waiting for a translation of that
I want to read it so badly
I really loved Julius Evola's Metaphysics of War and I've been fascinated by the metaphysical heroic aspect of war ever since
What is it like?

Attached: unnamed (2).jpg (303x486, 38K)

i just read a few pages on my phone, but reading pdfs is torture, so i can't really tell. it's pretty hard to get for some reason.

Yeah I've heard it made a lot of left leaning types angry
The introduction to the translation I have of storm of steel says that it was "disgusting"
Makes me even more interested
I wish I could learn German

You could probably avoid the cult accusation by making it very clear that it's a secular thing, but if you want to study religious topics, you're more than welcome. More likely you'd get a bunch of feminists and onionsated individuals calling it a far-right recruitment camp or MRA terror training ground. A bunch of men in the woods trying to improve themselves? Can't have that.

Just get Duolingo or something. If you actually want to learn another language, it's a good place to start. Speaking of, can a German here clarify something for me? If I wanted to say "Anna and Kate are women", that's "Anna und Kate sind Fraunen", right? "Matt and Joe are men" is "Matt und Joe seid Männer". So is "sind" the feminine version of "seid"? Because then you've got "Anna und Kate seid Mädchen". Duolingo doesn't explain this.

>seid

that's wrong, it's also "sind". unless you adress Matt and Joe directly and say "M und J, ihr seid Männer" = "M and J, you are men".

>Anna and Kate are women
>Anna und Kate sind Frauen

>Matt and Joe are men
>Matt und Joe sind Männer

It's affected by manner of address (we/they/you) and whether the thing is singular/plural. Also even if it were gender-based, couldn't the neuter word Mädchen affect what word you use, rather than the gender of Anna + Kate? I might be wrong though.

This clears up a lot. Thanks. I've been looking for a pattern to try understand when to use sind or seid but I hadn't realised this.

Are you a non-cucked German on Yea Forums? I've seen everything now. I thought your country only produced söyboys these days.

Unironically:

The Bible
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Complete Works of Shakespeare.

You'll probably be able to get a Bible in the joint, but Zarathustra would be an upbuilding contrast, and a book to mull over, while the Complete Works of Shakespeare would give you a lot of fun and content to think about.

If you're not an Anglo, consider something equivalent, like a collection of Molliere, or Goethe, or Dante.etc

I'm not OP and not german. Fingol actually

Not OP but I'm reading Zarathustra atm
He really belabours the point a bit
I like it so far (about 50% done) but I'm not feeling anything profound or truly enlightening yet, its mostly stuff I already assumed he would believe

Ah that makes more sense
Finns are always based
Shame the government didnt allow that coin to be minted showing finnish soldiers executing commies or whatever it was, that was hilarious

It is really well written though
Its brainlet proof

Steinbeck

>couldn't the neuter word Mädchen affect what word you use

No, it stays "sind".

>seien
>Ich bin
>Du bist
>Er/Sie/Es ist

>Wir sind
>Ihr seid
>Sie sind

I meant IF the word in question were gender-based.

sorry then, i misread.

bümp

and another one

this is my 5th favorite image of all time on the internet

what are number 1, 2, 3 and 4?

So how come you're getting banged up for blackmail?

What did you do, specifically?

>are you guys for real or is this a meme on this board? the people shilling for fascist literature?

you'll feel differently after a few months on the inside.

wel honestly i'm not really sure, or can't be sure. i haven't been to court, so i don't know what exactly she said or what i've been sentenced for in detail. i can just guess what part of my stupid shit she portrayed as blackmail. and i don't intend to further go into detail about that shit. i'm definitely not innocent in the whole thing, just also not guilty of the stupid bullshit i was accused of. like i said, i'm fine with doing some time.

maybe, i'll see.

also

South Africa's greatest author Herman Charles Bosman wrote an amazing set of sort stories of his time in prison called Stone Cold Jug. He shot and killed his step brother in a fit of rage, and was initally on death row.

I HIGHLY recommend his literature.

Beyond that, I recently read The God of Small Things and wouldn't recommend that.

The Bible, you fucking sinner

Is this author... uuuuuuh w-white?

The bible is the one book i'm 100% sure i can get my hands on in prison.

In case anyone cares, here's what i got from this and the last thread so far. I looked these up and i will try to get them before they come to get me.

>J. Steinbeck "Grapes of Wrath"
>Some Goethe
>A. Gramsci "letters from prison"
>E. Jünger "In Stahlgewittern"
>C. Codreanu "For my legionaires"
>H.C. Bosman "Cold Stone Jug"

What i have at home ready so far

>Tolstoy Hadji Murat/Cossacks
>Löns Der Wehrwolf
>Heller Catch 22
>Conrad Heart of Darkness
>Hesse Der Steppenwolf
>Thoreau Walden
>Remarque All Quiet on the Western Front
>LOTR

Letter doesn't quantify the amount of books i'm allowed to bring and i'm pretty sure it's already too many, but i'm just gonna try and show up with a pair of shirts, a toothbrush and books.

and another one

Zauberberg.

>Accused of hitting/choking my ex, which i did not do

This is why strategic domestic violence should be a standard of manhood and of civilized society.

Attached: when you wish you would've done it.jpg (968x645, 35K)

What's the connection between that and the greentext? Or did you just wait for an opportunity to pull that joke?

You can't bring books to gaol with you. I'm sorry you had to be victimized by that spanish national in the pic.

see

What country?

walden

germany

>The english audiobook of In Stahlgewittern
Why would you do this, why?

The DPRK

I can't tell if I know this kid from high school or if there are just thousands of jewish kids with that exact face and look.

because i wanted to listen to it and i couldn't find a german one?

They're going to get stolen, or you'll have to sell them for protection money.