This man unironically changed my life...

This man unironically changed my life. I find myself agreeing with all of his opinions and often if I have a problem I'll try to look up his view on that problem.

I feel like I'm not thinking for myself because I'm not well versed in other ideologies. I want to learn and if I come back and happen to agree with Jordan Peterson than I will feel more genuine about my beliefs.

What should I read to fix this?

Attached: KanyeWest.jpg (1125x1107, 126K)

congratulations, you're officially a midwit.

hey user check this out

i know you are but what am i :)

Peterson himself is a midwit. His followers aren't even that. I think to consider anything that Peterson says revolutionary or insightful actually requires a double digit IQ.

When I started applying ideas Peterson talked about, my life improved.

The argument I head normally is that he isnt revolutionary but most of those ideas I missed growing up. I don't think he was the first person to tell me to grow up but he is the first person who I happened to listen too

>I'm not well versed in other ideologies
>What should I read to fix this?
Read other ideologies. Start with the Greeks, continue with the Romans, etc etc. Just look at the next chart thread.

I tried but that shit is so boring. I'm also a proud promiscuous homosexual if that makes a difference.

> Mom: user, clean up your room, dear. It's such a mess.
> Mom: Try some vegetables, user ^^ they're healthy
> Mom: Go out and take a walk in the park this weekend. You can't spend your life playing Nintendo.

whatever MOM u don't own me stupid bitch

Jorgung Peberson: clean ur room, eat vegegables, and exerzize

wooow he is genius I love his ideology

I can't stand Guru Jordan Meme F. Daddy Peterson, PhD., but I think all young people go through phases of intense reliance on a single thinker they become enamored with.

I don't even know that this changes all that much as you get older. I was really into Bertrand Russell, Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Norman Finkelstein when I was younger and I don't think I'm the worse for it. Nowadays I have other favorites. It's quite a relief when one discovers someone who seems to address problems you don't see emphasized elsewhere but which seem primary to your own mind.

But for fucks sake you can find a better guru than this shameless jackass who stands for absolutely nothing.

>What should I read to fix this?
>Read
>I tried but that shit is so boring.
Fuck you leatherman you ask for something to read then say it's boring.
Vendetta thread

He's a psychiatrist. You can't even understand him if you do not have a PhD.

what did he mean by this?

Attached: kewzikurhlx11.png (405x121, 16K)

Peterson is like Laozi. His ideas are simple (probably as a necessity of his overall level of sagacity) but they are somehow profound in their simplicity.

WASH

not me :(
thanks user

YOUR

pp

There's nothing wrong with liking things that you like.

Don't let the insecure contrarian losers on Yea Forums tell you that there's something wrong with liking what you like.

That doesn't mean don't accept criticism, but don't take it from people who are sarcastic teenagers on here.

>I feel like I'm not thinking for myself because I'm not well versed in other ideologies.

Read the people he gets his information from, and people that disagree with those people.

His [Peterson's] main influences tend to be Nietzsche, Jung, Kierkegaard, Hicks etc... So read those people (not just Petersons interpretation of them) and read critiques of them. You'll find that on realms not related to psychology (his main field of study) there are a lot of critiques, so they'll be easy to find.

I unironically liked his work until I saw him get shit on here. Now, after having listened to critique of his work, I listen to him and wait for him to gloss over important points. It's like he introduces major flaws into his own arguments on purpose. It is so predictable that it's spooky.

Thanks user

Attached: 61ropEzbtWL._SY679_.jpg (453x679, 61K)

For all the vitriol this man brings out in his detestors, history will be kind to him.

He's helped alot of people. He's not radical. His moral output is undoubtedly positive. I'm reminded of 'the Tempest,' this man is Prospero. He minipulates and controls events for the best outcome, and whilst some of his methodologies is controversial, his ultimate aim, just like that of the old, dieing Shakespeare, is peace on earth and for individuals.

As I a say, he is a good man and history will be kind to him, unless we as a species become more politically idealogical.

Embrace an aesthetic lifestyle anons, and realise that many of the tenants of Christianity is the absolute peak aesthetic. Evil is for the weak.

God bless Pepeson!

When you were partying, I studied the collective unconscious.
When you were having premarital sex, I climbed the dominance hierarchy.
While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I was tripping balls and writing a dream journal.
And now that the world is on fire, and the collectivists are at the gate, you have the audacity to come to me for help?

Any good authors or recommendations in the self-help genre? Specifically, I'm looking for things like mental hygiene, organization, gaining ambition or discovering passion, and building routines. Anything on overcoming "people pleasing" or on being assertive would be nice also.

I don't remember ever having this phase
I remember seeing people like that in high school and college, and it always struck me as incredibly inauthentic and intellectually dishonest.
It's like the ultimate appeal to authority.

I love the women in these type of pics. Wish there were women like this irl

Being a child is being into Russell or Chomsky. Being a man is when you abandon those for C.S. Lewis.

Agreed.
Frazetta knows what's poppin'.

Attached: frazetta.ribs.jpg (626x340, 68K)

He's alright. If you haven't been through a depression or existential crisis you probably won't be able to relate to him, though.

There are parts where he's legitimately kinda weak (postmodernism, neo-marxism, some politics...), but that doesn't invalidate everything else he says.

Is this a copypasted youtube comment I cannot tell at this point.

It is truth and you know it!

That’s what genius is. Profoundly simple. If dats what you ain’t is den you ain’t smart.

>I'm not well versed in other ideologies

then read zizek, he's in the opposite side of the political spectrum but also deal with PC culture, society and meaning and the dinamics of ideology
if you find his "poststructuralist" views boring maybe try with noam chosmky
in any case you'll need some fundamental grasp of philosphy, so you better start with that

He's pretty good at psychology but when he dabbles on philosophy he sorta loses it. His entire argument against moral relativism boils down to "it doesn't lead to a better future", which is pretty laughable considering he then builds his entire case on it. You could compare him to sam harris in his way to just handwave opposition away and that's that

Also his take on "post-modern marxism" is incoherent gibberish.

Like that one user said, read the people who influenced him, and those he heavily opposes

>it doesn't lead to a better future

Well that's a pretty good argument. Unless you want a worst future.

>Also his take on "post-modern marxism" is incoherent gibberish.

Why?

OP here
I've been depressed before

That's not a good argument, that's a naive argument that ignores literally thousands of years of debate. The whole point of moral relativism is that good and bad are subjective, morals are subjective. And Peterson debunks this by saying "no, that's a bad way to think".

He also grossly misinterpret the philosophists he draws inspiration from, like Nietzsche. I suggest you read what they themselves said, I have a feeling Peterson has heard of them from second-hand sources and draws conclusions from there. Always check the source

>Why?
Explain to me in your own words what post-modern marxism is, as you've understood it from Peterson

Neeeeeetzhzuch

It doesn't matter what any of you say. Because of him I started changing my life for good. For the first time I started running and lifting without quitting after few weeks. I went to travel. I went on my first dates. I started reading non-fiction. Plenty of meaningful shit.

No, I wouldn't have done that reading stuff from whoever influenced Peterson. No, I didn't listen to my mother who encouraged me to do most of this stuff years ago. All it took was one rambling, confident man that had atleast some amount of psychology to back him up.

He's so influential because in the modern (relativist) world people withdraw from making any solid claims and statements, because the world is complex and we can never fully understand all the aspects of it and our lives. The psychologist community stays back, doing research but avoids making any statements outside of patients' rooms, or even inside them.

He might just be one big brainlet but I don't care. The much needed change in my life, the mid 20's change Peterson raves so much about, has already happened. My trajectory is already going to a healthy direction and it will keep on heading there the rest of my life. I have no more need for Peterson and I won't listen to his philosophy, politics or religious views any more, since I've already passed that point and am looking for new info and new views of life on my own.

I doubt any other person, dead or alive, could've sparked a change of this scale within me. He was using the rights word in the right time for me and many other people. I do believe there will be many people like him coming after him, and he becomes obsolete.

you are retarded if you actually believe peterson is midwit.
All shilling/blind hating aside, watch his lectures, not political discussions/debates, and his knowledge is evident.
His lectures on Psychological Significance of Biblical Stories is excellent. He knows his psychology very well, and for a non-philosopher he knows a lot of philosophy as well as literature.
He is very smart, extremely well read and well educated

juden peterstein

careful with the dogma bro

Stop sullying this site you evil coward

Nah I've read Nietzsche. He write beautifuly but he's also severly autistic.

I also don't think JP ignores the complexity of things. But there is interpretations of good and evil that are far more useful for the betterment of society and going "hu well it's all relative anyway) do nothing at best and allow you to moralize terrible things at worst.

>Explain to me in your own words what post-modern marxism is, as you've understood it from Peterson

Egalitarians using moral remativisms to undermine the current system for a bunch of differents motivations. I remeber him quoting the tarantula chapter from zarathustra once.

>The whole point of moral relativism is that good and bad are subjective, morals are subjective
This tells me you've never read any moral philosophy on moral relativism, since subjective ethical relativism is only one kind of moral relativism and not even the most defensible kind.

Attached: based.jpg (1693x2461, 1.92M)