Memetics

What are some good books related to memetics?

Attached: memelady.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNvgIb-mPf4
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://theterrydeaconaffair.com/Deacon-Meme.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjmy4Slws_gAhUB0KwKHRfDBk0QFjAKegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1pNA5J0Z7OYBDL3e8VTVcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Holy Bible (KJV)

Freeze Your Poop In A Condom And Rail Me With It While You Lick My Butthole And I Tease Your Chastity, Daddy by James Joyce

The Brass Book teaches you how to polish

This and René Girard is all you need, OP.

why?

woah
youtube.com/watch?v=vNvgIb-mPf4
'mimetic'? sounds very similar to 'memetic'

Attached: 1550306157803.jpg (1164x908, 194K)

what is that a parody of brother

the Meme Machine

plato

Gabriel Tarde (here, spurdo sparde), an early French sociologist who believed society consists predominantly of the imitation of ideas, and that inventions (the ideas which are imitated) themselves are forms of imitation. His book "The laws of imitation" covers this theory. You could see him as a kind of forefather of memetics.

Attached: C0384708-Gabriel_Tarde,_French_sociologist.jpg (547x800, 167K)

bump

*spoon clank* buy my book on memetics to beat the lamestream media that's about all peace out

Attached: styxhexenhammer666.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

On The Origin of Space by Charles Darwin.
Unironically and 100% honestly, a good book on the idea that the same input should give you the same output. Modern society is so closely knit together via the internet that tastes and humor have generally been homogenized. Look at those civilizations where they've essentially been left alone for millions of years and how different they act compared to the rest of society.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://theterrydeaconaffair.com/Deacon-Meme.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjmy4Slws_gAhUB0KwKHRfDBk0QFjAKegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1pNA5J0Z7OYBDL3e8VTVcU

Shut the fuck up, mark.

Attached: am1.jpg (575x400, 224K)

If there are any good sources on memetics, obviously you've heard about them

Thw Selfish Gene?

>the Meme Machine
based thanks user

styx has a book on memetics

>tastes and humor have generally been homogenized

ive had the notion before but honestly you should go outside more. normans usually have rather different tastes in humour and shit

oo this looks like a serious piece of work

bump

yeah it is well worth a read(meme machine). She comes to the conclusion that our concept of self is a meme as well, which I think fits in nicely with what Ray brassier talks about in the first section of Nihil Unbound, the 'folk psychology' concept of humans we have. Well and 'there is no self' is I suppose not an original idea in philosophy, but it's put in a way that's understandable for philosophylets, as long as they can grasp the whole meme concept.

Attached: 6405024.jpg (318x467, 108K)

Mimesis by Erich Auerbach

ive unironically read this already. good book.

i wonder if dawkins has ever read this stuff

interesting. im inclined to say that the memes are definitely what reifies the self.

bumperoo