What has Israel contributed to literature? What is some essential Israeli fiction?

What has Israel contributed to literature? What is some essential Israeli fiction?

Attached: file.png (430x612, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminists_by_ethnicity
haaretz.com/.premium-jews-helped-gay-marriage-struggle-says-biden-1.5268228
tikkun.org/newsite/how-jews-brought-america-to-the-tipping-point-on-marriage-equality-lessons-for-the-next-social-justice-issues
unz.com/tsaker/a-crash-course-on-the-true-causes-of-anti-semitism/
youtube.com/watch?v=6cePM18Yvp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Come on user, don't make me say it.

Khirbet Khizeh

If you don’t say it, I will.

Attached: C5CCAAAB-603A-4BB4-A326-1DA1FE18705F.jpg (252x200, 18K)

My favorite short story writer ever.

Attached: 40970BE7-D1C9-4B9B-A068-5FE27A2B6B5D.jpg (333x499, 35K)

Ok then...

The Holocaust.

>essential Israeli fiction
feminism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminists_by_ethnicity

>essential Israeli fiction
Gay Marriage
haaretz.com/.premium-jews-helped-gay-marriage-struggle-says-biden-1.5268228

>essential Israeli fiction?
The legitimacy of Israel.

Attached: comment_MijdxcUgSwqimJjKv2QOtCwuKTjcbOkV.jpg (400x390, 108K)

based Amos Oz

Attached: oz.jpg (220x338, 19K)

>starting a thread about Israel
you already know how its going to play out
>100 replies of /pol/fags screeching then janny 404ing

A country is legitimate if it has the power to claim it's legitimacy and other nations recognize it

They’re too new to have an established literary tradition, desu. Maybe wait a few hundred years. You’re better off looking for Jewish literature from other countries. Ex. Spinoza (Dutch), Proust (French), Freud (Austrian), Lispector (Brazilian), Kafka (German?/Czech?), Salinger (American), Roth (American), etc.

Jews are well established in the literary traditions of other countries, but not in their own, just yet.

>and other nations recognize it
why is this relevant?

I like Denny Barbash. No great author but interesting read nonetheless.

The Israeli are a youthful and somewhat brutish people, give them time to cool off. The French had to to like three crusades before churning out decent literature.

Jews have pretty much contributed to western literature the most, whether thats good or bad is up to debate

>On the the girl fridge

Shylock, why?

Oz, Agnon, Buber, Kishon, Grossman, Amichai
I think it's too early to talk about an Israeli literature

Yeah bruh, too soon, think of the hollacost

Paul Gottfried and Yoram Hazony

ask Palestine, Catalan, and Quebec.

Barely Yea Forums material though

Anti israeli books detailing the effects of its horrific occupation and apartheird-like state. Books like Men in the Sun by Ghassan Kanafani, Orientalism/The question of Palestine by Edward Said, and I Saw Ramallah by Mourid Barghouti.

I would hug you

jesus christ

why are there so many jewish feminists?

Jewish women are cursed with independent thought. But it doesn't get them anywhere, because they are still women.

Those ethnically Jewish promoters of homosexuality and feminism are not Orthodox Jews, standard bearers of the Torah and values exhibited throughout the Tanakh as appointed by God unto the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews. If any of those writers are religiously Jewish, they are something along the lines of Reform Judaism or "Conservative" Judaism, whose adherents are much more likely to have socially leftist political beliefs.

Attached: RabbiPicture.png (300x300, 113K)

Why not?

I'd say they write more about politics than literature. I'm under the impression that people here are mainly looking for novels, poetry and the like.
tikkun.org/newsite/how-jews-brought-america-to-the-tipping-point-on-marriage-equality-lessons-for-the-next-social-justice-issues

There's this one fiction movement, I don't remember much about it though because it was pretty obscure and got next to no attention in the media and education system. I think it was called "The Holocaust" or something like that.

unz.com/tsaker/a-crash-course-on-the-true-causes-of-anti-semitism/
youtube.com/watch?v=6cePM18Yvp8

Attached: _.gif (350x286, 921K)

Attached: .reinhard.jpg (354x475, 27K)