Why does Yea Forums hate The Count of Monte Cristo so much?

Why does Yea Forums hate The Count of Monte Cristo so much?

Attached: file.png (307x475, 328K)

We don't. Its the objectively greatest work of fiction ever written

Some people around here don’t even read.
It’s always spoken of fondly.

Its not "literary" enough.

Nobody hates it OP, it's just banter. How new are you?

@12638902
Shut up tranny tripfag nobody gives a fuck

I can't speak for Yea Forums, but I found the first 20% or so far more engaging than most of the rest. Dantès imprisonment and escape, plus the first few revenge plots, are solid adventure. But then you get bogged down in a morass of 19th century drawing rooms and footmen and young lovers talking to each other through a fence and that sort of thing.

I love it. It is is the single greatest book I have ever read in my life.
Nothing I have read before or since has given me the same feeling as that book when I finally finished it. It's been over 10 years since I read it so I know when I reread it again I will experience the same feeling again.

we don't
look the best books of all time Yea Forums chart
newfag

its too long

Because it's pseud repellent

Attached: Pseud repellents.jpg (3012x720, 478K)

Which book should I start with for each of them?

We don't. Basically everyone here who's read it says it's worth the read, although maybe it didn't need to be *that* long. Even the /pol/tards don't hassle Dumas for being a nigger much.

But it's one of my favourite books.

Quality posts

It's babies first door stopper

Cuz they ain't made a cartoon out of it

That's a bit over the top, but it is one of the greatest stories ever written. It is probably the greatest adventure novel ever written.

I love it.
I've read it in English and French, and I love both.

Because Yea Forums is comprised of try-hard autists who don't really read, they just make charts to make themselves look smart.

Yea Forums post 2016 doesn't read. The chances of anyone actually having read it are very slim

B-but they did.

Attached: cN6uMdF.jpg (700x394, 132K)

We don't. We just hate you.

passes dork test

Gankutsuou was an unusually weird but good adaption too.
Though I can't understand why they had to make it sci-fi with aliens and the animation was hard on the eyes at times.

I enjoyed it

There's probably not much to actually discuss on the book. It's one of the best entry level literature though (which does not make it bad!), it can be enjoyed by pleb and patrician alike.

Why does Yea Forums hate my diary so much?