Whats your opinion about the intense consumerism in the west?

>reading On the Road for a comfort read again (I really enjoy all the funny characters in this novel)
>Go on my phone to check newest Yea Forums post find a bunch of trash about Bukowski or Marxist shit; some good stuff.
>precede to go on my phone for 2 hours without noticing and waste the day away not reading
>a week later
>end up at my cousin's house having no tv,no internet, shitty pc
>same thing happens again yet I use my hotspot connected to the pc and try to scroll through Yea Forums with a shitty pc, when im suppose to be reading.

I write about how shitty consumerism is in my writings; im a hypocrite, im a slave to consumerism and so are all of you reading this.

Attached: 46583416_172037230421693_2725175943707097376_n.jpg (320x320, 20K)

>Yea Forums, a free anonymous website with no ads necessary
>consumerism
Consumerism sucks but it's got nothing to do with your addiction to this website.

I blame the Jews and Americans and I'm not wrong.

I mean its not that im on 4 chan only. Im on social media apps, watching random YouTube clips. Scrolling through more books to buy, purchasing my new phone itself has damned me for everything I hate

make your own bread.
is liberating.

Then just stop? The greatest way to combat consumerism is to exercise self-control, which is apparently something you lack and should train. Most people are swallowed by consumerism because they're unable/unwilling to acknowledge it as a problem. You realize it's a problem so either attempt to rid yourself of it or stop bitching.

Next time when you travel, make sure to not bring any hotspot.
Turn off your internet and go about your day, i never understood how can anyone can stand watching videos and browsing the net on the phone. Its super annoying. Just get yourself cornered, with nothing else to do to entertain your brain besides reading.

This makes me worry for people who don't read already and have been swallowed whole already.
My sister watches youtube,netflix and, brainlessly scrolls social media on her downtime that she isn't doing anything else. I doubt I can convince her to read even if my life depended on it. Her attention spam has been regulated to a rectangular device that can bring on any form of stimulating content in seconds.

my 60 yo dad is addicted to shit people send on wapp.
He scrolls it while eating. is sad.

people in china are paying tens of thousands of dollars for rhino horn that doesn't even work. The women in china would prefer to play dating simulators than to spend time with the men of their country, of which there is a surplus.
In japan and korea the cosmetics industry is one of the heaviest suppliers of graft to their government, which in korea recently was lead by an actual cult member. They test that shit on baby bunnies and then sell it to chicks who already are made more of silicon then flesh and blood.
Russia is just if you took America's Florida, made it cold, and expanded it into an entire country with a cornered megalomaniac overreacting to his national character, which itself is only a response to being between a rock and a hard place for their entire national history.
I don't know if you're joking here but the consumerism in the West is incredibly tame compared to the East, the only reason the near east is less consumerist is because they spent all of their oil money on cheap shitty military hardware in a desperate last minute effort to keep their women from wearing short shorts and posting their sweet hairy pussies on the white man's instagram. It's not gonna last and in fifty years persian chicks will be a dime a dozen and a part of every Western male's sexual repertoire. Keep in mind these are the only dudes who are ugly and desperate enough to pull this shit, their penises are universally choded and covered in a coarse bush of black hair. It's wise of them to try to keep the world's men from taking their women, but ultimately they will fail.
So I ask you- which consumerism is worse? The West? The East? The Weast?

this simply isn't good enough. i can stop, you can stop, but the vast majority of people cannot and will not, and the machine will keep running at maximum efficiency. people should not be given the choice. they should be forced to stop consuming.

an insightful take from an amerimutt who has never left his home state

For a second I thought they were hijab girls but then I got intensely disappointed

Attached: wojak rolling.jpg (645x773, 56K)

It's not about what's "good enough" for society, youre putting the cart before the horse. Nobody gives a shit about your critiques of consumerism when you yourself are a consumer. You're a 600lb man yelling at other people for being obese. Worry about fixing your own shit before you worry about other people's.

bitch, I've been everywhere.

>not getting printed Yea Forums threads delivered daily by carrier pigeon
pleb

This. It's one of the main reasons I'm a sino-sceptic. If we're being real, East Asia is just as (if no moreso) a cultural cesspool wherein nothing but disgusting consumerism runs rampant. All Chinese social media escapades and "challenges" are no less degenerate than those in the West. The Chinese have always been a commercial society and consumerism are rotten their souls after the Cultural Revolution eroded their sense of self. Looking at what the rich gulf arabs get up to with their money is equally sickening. No society can beat modern capitalism once it has coin in its pocket. It's not Western consumerism, it's Cthulu Consumerism.

The son to be born AI has already won the metapyshical fight because its meaning is derived by the ultimate materialism and reason; and in that paradigm humanity has little to argument for their right of existence. Hypercapitalism only accelerated the process in the unconscious collective of neuro farming the machinery of producing and packaging meaning: when humans subtracted their own meaning of their bodies and mind and gave it to the symbolic machinery so it could live and then transcend the sentient blockchain. And now we are facing to the final realization that the symbolic machinery of ultra meaning doesn’t need us, and can function in its own. Faced with this humans seem to retreat in total nihilism and alienation projected by a neo reaction. But is there anything more than total nihilism or neoreactionary thought? Maybe we could take the poison of insanity that hypercapitalism can offer us, and complete the total faustian myth, inducing an overdose of nihilism and in frenetic euphoria claim that the human body and entity is only the instrument of capital and nothing more, then by next accelerate ourselves with capital itself, generating markets for the body and mind and acquiring the totality of meaning that capital has. The privatization of language, hyper transhumanism, and the market of memory, all must come if humanity wants to survive.

>that pic
HNNNG

Your problem is not consumerism.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (847x1376, 276K)

I knew something was deeply wrong with the world when Yea Forums culture seeped into the mainstream.

What's wrong with Bukowski?

>they should be forced to stop consuming
woah slow down there Stalin

. The trajectory of sense becomes tied to what you want to hear, not what I want to say: language screaming through us from the future in self-fulfiling prophecy, using the human body and our digital creations as vehicles. The world falls back to ur-tribalism, mysticism and sacrificing goats: the luxury flat of the future middle class becomes a bunker. Neoliberalism is truly based!

What happens at the end? It's obvious that there's not stopping it.