Can't I just skip the Greeks and read something enjoyable? I hate those ancient cunts desu

Can't I just skip the Greeks and read something enjoyable? I hate those ancient cunts desu.

Attached: lit telling me to start with the greeks.png (1024x576, 680K)

Yes.

Read the Greeks or else..

Attached: thisguy.jpg (1000x666, 236K)

Nobody can stop you but it is ill advised. If you invest the time in reading the Greeks or at the very least familiarizing yourself with their core ideas, your understanding of the reality will compound over time. The Greeks are the foundation of Western Civilization and you ought to treat them as most fundamental to your education no matter what it is.

it's boring as fuck
>faggot x was born on the island of blabla as song of oogabooga and his motherwhore mimimi
>his main idea was "things seem they are, but are they really, though?"
>300 pages of abstract bs
wow

May I suggest the works of J.K Rowling?

For what?

And you can skip the philosophers if you don't care for that, certainly.

Attached: Porky reading Graves.png (467x360, 110K)

If you want to read philosophy just skip over to Nietzsche. If you dont care about philosophy at all literally read whatever you.want.

>i want to read philosophy but i dont want to challenge myself or my ideas by reading people i dislike
Congrats for being everything wrong with modern students of philosophy

The Greeks are far more than mere philosophy.

You could've just said you were an intellectual toddler and we all would've understood

read the greeks is the equivelent of /g/ telling you to install gentoo or /fit/ telling you to do GOMAD.

Literally just read something you enjoy. Infintiely better use of your time then slogging through shit you dont enjoy. If you jump into reading stuff you enjoy you are more likely to develope a genuine love for literature and may even want to revist the greeks one day.

>Literally just read something you enjoy. Infintiely better use of your time then slogging through shit you dont enjoy.

All of this.

>If you want to read philosophy just skip over to Nietzsche.
kek

>started with the greeks
>genuinely liked it

Thanks Yea Forums

i hate reading the greeks too OP, but if you are at least more than superficially familiar with their philosophy, it'll help with other stuff. everybody after them were obsessed with the greeks because they felt like they had to respond to all their shit arguments, and so just started civilization.

it's the equivalent of the first-ever thinking person being your boomer aunt sally who believes Onion articles are real. of course you know her ideas, so you can tell her off for being a dumb cunt. same with the greeks. they kickstarted civ by being inbred morons

greek women are hot af tho

wow i think i had a stroke while writing this

People think startimg with the Greeks means starting with Plato and Aristotle.
Starting with the Greeks actually means staring with Homer, Herodotus, Thucydides, aechylus, sophocles, euripides, Aristophanes, etc. which are actually enjoyable to read.
Remember, although it often doesn't seem like it, this is a literature forum not a philosophy forum.

What a joke

this

Attached: start.jpg (3672x3024, 1.38M)

This. Just read Nietzsche and Stirner and you're set.

Attached: Max_Stirner.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

The philosophy trio

Attached: 30C2BBBA-46BD-42DA-AE68-DBA6ACB9AA29.jpg (1379x689, 312K)