Where do i begin (and end) with this guy Yea Forums?

where do i begin (and end) with this guy Yea Forums?

Attached: crowley-hat.jpg (800x422, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IgnRr170ERM
youtube.com/watch?v=1TlMsXybBCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is no beginning or end to him

WoooOOoOOOoo00ooo

youtu.be/IgnRr170ERM

>where do i begin (and end) with this guy
His wikipedia article. None of his books are worth reading.

what about his fiction novels like diary of a drug fiend and moonchild?

Those are propaganda filled pieces to tempt minds into his loony ideas

Is this an accurate portrayal of Aleister Crowley?

Attached: Crowley.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

what about his autobiography?

Why are you so interested in him?

My opinion is obvious.

crowley is a plebeian's memelord.if you're already here, you should choose a more patrician and Yea Forums tier kook of your choice.

any suggestions?

frithjof schuon

seems pretty boring compared to based crowley desu

The Book of the Law is actually pretty fascinating. Crowley didn't start getting fake and gay until later in his career.

Totally, he's a 19th C. Deepak

wtf you're all satanic
satanism is so cringe

Harry Potter

He was the Nick Land of his time.

I consider it a good example of free writing, but it’s origins as a truly inspired text are shaky to say the least.
I began with liber ABA(book 4/aka the big blue brick). It’s a bit dry at times, but that’s to be expected from a reference book. Crowley’s writing is really engaging and absolutely hilarious at times. Everyone has something to learn from him, but if someone believes every word he wrote to be the highest truth, turn 360 degrees and walk away. I would absolutely recommend reading him, just apply healthy skepticism.

>where do i begin (and end) with this guy Yea Forums?

None are They whose number is Six: else were they six indeed.

Seven are these Six that live not in the City of Pyramids, under the Night of Pan.

There was Lao-tzû.

There was Siddartha.

There was Krishna.

There was Tahuti.

There was Mosheh.

There was Dionysus.

There was Mahmud.

But the Seventh men called PERDURABO; for enduring unto The End, at The End was Naught to endure.

Amen.

fpbp.

don't bother. read actual metaphysicians: theologians and philosophers. crowley was neither, he was a self-interested performance artist.

Hi, OP. If you're studying occult history, maybe look into Gary Lachman's books. I think he did a bio on Crowley.
I wouldn't read Crowley unless I were a thelemite or chaos magician.
But if you're still curious, just dive in.

>360 degrees

is meme, newfag

lurk for 2 more years newfag

Why is no one talking about how he was a British intelligence agent?
You actually can't understand him without understanding his motivations.

>the book of the law is fascinsting
No it is not. Its a published version of "i just summoned a demon AMA" thread on /x/. Even his book of lies which is a collection of poems about jacking off is better. Manly P Hall is a better intro to occult larping.

thanks man, i'll check out this gary guy

His diaries are interesting but the rest is literary
unreadable

Read the people who read him and translated him. Israel Regardie, Robert Anton Wilson.

samefagging to add that I've actually been doing Regardie's Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation and it's breedy fuckin good

I had read a good amount of Crowley and found him an insubstantial, overrated larper until I read his biography, Perdurabo, by Rich Kaczinsky. After reading his ridiculous life story I came to see how deeply self critical Crowley actually was, and how comical most of his writings truly are. So I would say before you read any Crowley, read Perdurabo. Then get Liber IV, his magnum opus, because that basically sums all his stuff up.

From all my time here and /x/ when I was younger, it has come to my attention that there are no redeeming qualities in occultism. Am I right?

>from browsing anime forums I have concluded all these books I never read are shit, correct?

>wanting to absorb confounding satanic ideas

That's a dangerous game, fren.

yes. I recommend Christianity instead. A very sane and psychologically healthy belief system.

This guy blows. Don't waste your time.

Don't be jelly just because you didn't get to practice ritual sex magyk with teen qts.

Yes that is a good summary of my post. Regardless of my methods, is my conclusion correct?

>liber ABA(book 4/aka the big blue brick)
Start here

No.

Yes
Go perform the LBRP before your shift at the gas station pal

I'm reading moochild now. It's ok. It's definitely got it's own style. Characters are paper thin, bit the descriptions of the magic practice are interesting at least.

Magick in Theory and Practice.

dude weed

Liber 777

Why would I do that when I don't work at a gas station?

The characters are all real people.

go listen to Coil

youtube.com/watch?v=1TlMsXybBCA