Keep Hearing Music

I have this slight annoyance that makes reading (and many other activities) difficult-I keep hearing music in my head. This makes it really hard to focus, particularly at home. I can block it out temporarily, but only by forcing myself to listen to my surroundings. The only way to lessen it is to basically counteract it with lo-fi chill music, which counteracts the music in my head while not being distracting from the text.

Is there some way to do away with this affliction? Does any other user deal with it? All help is appreciated.

Attached: 7D83E8AC-4118-44E5-8B27-19100961A9E8.jpg (480x320, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWwsUhrFBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Turn up your audio to max and deafen yourself.

what kind of music is it? does the music change?

i do the same thing, white noise helps but usually i just listen to music while im reading

Have you tried pink noise? I find it helpful at drowning out distraction, but not abrasively so. Also, a lot of composers had the same affliction. Have you tried writing down the music?

You should write about it. Write about how miserable and annoyed it makes you. Come back later. Then expand.

There. I gave you inspiration in case you're aspiring to be a writer someday. If not, then burn it.

I have adhd and this is a constant struggle for me as well. Ambient music may be helpful to you. I listen to shoegaze which is essentially just a wall of noise and it works better for me. Having lyrics that are drowned out works better than purely instrumental music for me. I get distracted by noises around me and then become aware of my thoughts so I have to control the sounds. You could also try listening to the audiobook while reading the book at the same time. Listening to music most of the time helps keeps my thoughts more in order. Hopefully, at least something here may help you.

Yes I hate this too. Often I do some arrhythmic tapping to displace it.
Also this is good advice.

Alright user, let’s do some Buddhism.

Just sit and breathe. Focus on your breath. It should feel sort of like the music is going by over your head, and “you” are located in your stomach. Don’t literally say “breathe in. Breathe out.” Just sort of do it and observe yourself doing it without opinion. Don’t worry about intrusive thoughts, just get back on track asap.

Then move around while in that state, at first you’ll constantly re-get lost in music or people or whatever, but with some practice you can avoid both being totally lost in stuff and lost in over-thinking/replaying music in your head/whatever.

boxfan for noise

if you stop listening to music completely, you will stop hearing music in your head eventually.

Write the music down

Watch out op!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWwsUhrFBw

bas3d

I got a retarded spaz brain that makes my thoughts wander every time I read books. So I listen to ASMR thunder and rain audio while reading. Blocks out most of the shit my unfocused brain tried to fling at me.

retard that would only stop him from being able to block out the hallucination music with the lo fi music.
He would be stuck with the auditory hallucination music since it is obviously not a result of his senses.

Big thanks to all of you for the tips. I’ll be sure to try them. :)

Mostly bad pop songs. Not even the full songs, but just like 5 second parts that repeat over and over and over...

It’s not like I listen to these songs willingly, but all it takes is one radio play or someone else playing it and it’s in there.

Sometimes my brain plays something good. Just not at the optimal time.

Stop listening to garbage.

hear classical music while reading

You will eventually forget the music without any audio simulation to keep your neurons responsible for hearing going.

That happens to me as well, but only when I have read too much already and it's not pleasurable any more. It's a warning signal to me, that I should put the book away and to something else.

>Mostly bad pop songs. Not even the full songs, but just like 5 second parts that repeat over and over and over...

You have OCD and/or autism.

Literally a symptom of adhd

source?

Take it to /x/ my schizoid friend. I used to get this for about a year,after I had done copious amounts of drugs. Very unpleasant, although in my case I did it to myself.