What the fuck was Emily Bronte's problem?

>Treated inanimate objects as if they were alive, would have conversations with small animals, dolls, and pieces of furniture
>Memorized almost everything about the lives of family friends but was incapable of interacting with them
>Would leave social encounters simply by turning her back without warning and hiding
>Afraid to leave the house
>Built extensive fantasy world that she continued into adulthood
>Deeply private
>Suffered episodes of melancholy and was said to have embraced her early death

Was it autism?

Attached: Emily_Brontë_by_Patrick_Branwell_Brontë_restored.jpg (704x928, 270K)

It was genius.

It's called being best girl.

dont forget the cringiest part of all
>believed in god

Literally /ourgirl/

desu she has the autist look in her eyes, the way they stare like that

More like r9k’s girl.

Makes sense considering that Heathcliff is inceldom incarnate.

Yeah.

Would bang desu

wtf I do all of this too except the talking to dolls thing and the death thing (because I’m still alive)
I thought autistic women were just a myth

Is this the poet that read for 18 hours a day? That'll do it to you

The best female writers were weird depressive autists. See Emily Dickinson and Christina Rossetti.

Oh and they were all obsessed with death

Reminds me of myself

Have you written anything noteworthy or do you have all the negatives without the keen literary genius?

I write quite often (I have a diary desu) but I don't know if I would be classified as a 'literary genius.' Something to look forward to I guess.

Woolf and Plath

Everyone's actually a creep and famous creative types have to deal with biographers.

I do some of these things. For example, I feel very ill all the time because I don't want to leave my place to get proper food.

She was cute! Cute

What about her sisters

none of them were social butterflies because of their isolated upbringing, but they could adapt. Emily remained profoundly weird her whole life.

she was virtually unknown in her time IIRC

God I wish I could go back in time and marry her. I would love her like no other man could

Attached: 1550371292612.png (580x548, 293K)

>I would love her like no other man could
explain

I think he’s saying that if someone were to look back on any of our live similarly weird things would be uncovered even if we are not well know now

post your feet first qt

why in god's name would you assume I'm a girl, let alone a qt?

Attached: obrez.png (800x800, 359K)

Her father was a parson user, the fuck do you expect?

most of those are literally me desu

Attached: 1549494750752.png (559x595, 130K)

eating her out on her period

>>Treated inanimate objects as if they were alive, would have conversations with small animals, dolls, and pieces of furniture
>>Memorized almost everything about the lives of family friends but was incapable of interacting with them

This is just being a woman.

>Treated inanimate objects as if they were alive, would have conversations with small animals, dolls, and pieces of furniture
based and Kondopilled

Cumming inside Emily's hairy Victorian pussy.

Bullshit

>Kondopilled
does she do that? I thought she just organizes stuff?

She does that as a way to acknowledge and appreciate the things she is organizing. Sounds like an animist Shinto thing in principle.

literally me at family gatherings.

Yeah but Dickenson just wanted to get to heaven faster.

Neat. I only knew her as a meme.

More autistic writers like her? I think Kafka was also autist.

pessoa

Jane Eyre was a normie version of Charlotte Bronte's own romantic life. Her English teacher was a 50 year old married man and Charlotte loved him, but he told her to gtfo because he had a wife. Then she felt sad and wrote Jane Eyre, basically as a fanfiction of what if my English teacher left his wife and loved me instead???

>I thought autistic women were just a myth

how the fuck did you used to explain to yourself the existence of tumblr

eh, tumblr is probably on 5% female autism. The rest is women that would be socially functional and are, indeed, neurotypical but are either fat, unattractive, or have shitty attitudes.

this

>t.neverbeentoartschool

that's just a stupid post

Me at family gatherings verbatim

They are real but they're a bit different from autistic men.

>going to art school in order to meet autistic females
based

Well, I went and looked up some articles abou her, and found a testimonial by some American woman, who called herself a hoarder and then she found the KonMari method, and noted the first thing she guides the reader to do is treat your home and yourself with respect, for example, telling women to start wearing wear a pretty dressing gown to bed and put nice clothes on before you start cleaning, because she wants that to be an important event which you care about.

Then I also interview with her, and Marie Kondo the first thing she does every morning is open the windows and air out her apartment, then light some incense. The she he puts crystals in various places of her apartment for "purification" she says and little piles of salt of in spots she feels uneasy about, which sounds like a magician performing a magical procedure and the salt thing is a purification ritual in Shinto, so decide for yourself how much of that feel like memes.

literally the only woman (beside Flannery O' Connor) worthy of being in the canon.

wrong and WRONG

can't tell because anne lied about her so much

I thought Charlotte was the one that did most of the rewriting of the other sisters’ history?

Emily was arguably worse than her biographers/Charlotte made her out to be. There’s mounting recent scholarship that argues that Charlotte toned down Emily’s eccentricities or tried to spin them into charming quirks. Diaries/letters indicate that Charlotte was very worried about Emily’s mental state. Shortly after the publication of Wuthering Heights Charlotte observed that Emily’s grip on reality and her ability to function was slipping. She was wandering without being properly dressed for the weather and living increasingly in fantasy. Charlotte feared that Emily would do something undeniably mad in public and disgrace the entire family. There’s some evidence she was relieved when Emily died in that she at least died while still somewhat sane.

What the fuck is *my* problem? Whenever I find a female author I admire I end up fantasizing on how soft could her boobs be, and how sweet her butthole. Once I couldn't fall asleep because I was stuck on the thought of Emily Dickinson persuading Sylvia Plath to abandon her suicidal tendencies by eating her out. I guess this is the reason male writers tend to prefer male authors, although male authors are the ones who, despite refinedness of thoufht and mastery of craft, and up making needles remarks on the breasts of their own female characters: see Marusja being constantly referred as the girl with breasts well shaped on the outside, sending forward a scent of orange-tree flowers in the Enchanted Mountain; or Eliot getting distracted by bouncing boobs in Hysteria.

Attached: la_liseuse_-_felix_vallotton_1922.jpg (1544x1200, 280K)

Your problem is that you have extremely low standards for women. Emily Dickinson is not desireable in any way.

Repression is hot.

her looks were average but her personality was perfect
autistic Yea Forumsfus are the patrician dream girls

Men most dream what they cannot reach

Me.

I understand where you are coming from, when I was younger I would easily fall for I guess you could say a 'typical type', that is busty, wide smile, somewhat girly. Then as my university tenure ended and my archival habits and art appreciation skyrocketed, far replacing uncultured schmoozing (even the middle class of today is largely culturally bankrupt). All of it boils down to the ever elusive and perhaps impossible notion of 'being loved on your own terms', which is perhaps the tragedy of it. I suppose implanting this ideal onto only vaguely attractive women who are otherwise remarkable companions makes it easier for the mind to assimilate this impossibility in reality via circumstantial bartering. As if a goddess with the same qualities would make you cry out as if you were cognisant of being trapped in a coma. Perfect dreams are often flawed in their lack of reality. These are buffers you should know but cynically I would add that ugly romantics are very unlikely to let you down in comparison to your usual relatively 'normal' hot chick where sex becomes capital (like Toyboys).
As the dreams enter more reasonable constructs we get swept in further and further until our illusions swallow us whole.
I once daydreamed for a couple of hours that Emily Bronte would fall in love with me and neither one of us would have to pretend anymore and not waste time recreating Wuthering Heights (the good parts obviously) in Yorkshire. I'm local so it's much worse to think about.
I think being a sensitive man is a death wish. I'm not saying I'd be some servile figure, I just relish in the idea of two people being unhindered together. I have not met a woman yet who would prefer an educated man over a cut-and-paste 'lad' breadwinner. Women for the majority don't like their man to be more artful than they are because it usurps their role as the most valuable accessory and fosters anxiety (much like dating a celebrity). Most dandies in history like Warhol (and you etc.) were celibate or gay, probably for good reason. I have not yet solved this myself. Most romantically successful dandies (Jim Morrison, Picasso etc.) weren't actually 'romantic' and generally saw sex as transactional and romanticised for the public. Two cents.

Mfw i will never become an autistic collector and i will never be fucked and then abandoned by a young thora birch gf

>tldr muh 2d waifu cant suck me off
take the christ pill and become a celibate monk who launches himself into his studies for the benefit of all

What studies for the benefit of all?
Cancer research is one thing but how is a non-STEM monk able to help others through education?

This. She was nuttier than a squirrel turd

Attached: screenshotat050355.png (689x574, 85K)

>tfw no frail and insane paramour

based

Do you think she'd scream, sob, moan and whimper like a madwoman during sex or lay about like a dead fish?

The Goose

Sounds like an interesting character. Would you prefer her to be a boring ignorant slut?

there are many ways, but be careful to become a garden onto your self, There are many who need cultivating!

>ywn be that rock

Do we want to speculate on what the fuck she meant by that? "what have you seen?" seems like it might be pretty profound in a way.

>Emily Bronte will never give you ASMR

Tfw no Brontë gf

>she rejected medical help and all offered remedies, saying that she would have "no poisoning doctor" near her.
>With her last audible words she said to Charlotte, "If you will send for a doctor, I will see him now"but it was too late. She died that same day at about two in the afternoon.

heh

Holy shit op, i think you found the girl version of me

I wonder if that was "I've done fucked up" moment or if she only acquiesced when she knew it wouldn't make any difference.

Diaries and letters make it pretty clear that Anne and Emily had a childlike understanding of sex. They had some things right but other things they just didn’t understand. They died virgins.

That honestly makes it better. God Emily sounds both absolutely adorable and terrifying.

At least she knew how a vagina looks like

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

I’d assume so, unless the Brontës were all secret traps

Maybe they were forbidden to look inside their own pants

>Terrifying
Perhaps this is my ESL showing but in what was a tiny consumptive Victorian woman terrifying?

>>Treated inanimate objects as if they were alive, would have conversations with small animals, dolls, and pieces of furniture
>Built extensive fantasy world that she continued into adulthood
>loose grip on reality
She’s terrifying mainly becuase she was a huge nut, not anything with her physical appearance

ah. Well I guess I would see that as unsettling. I don't think she was really a danger to anybody but herself.

she had some serious criticism and resentment for the behaviour and customs of women in the early 19th century. She was really detached from reality with , her Gondal writings, and the supernatural is woven throughout Wuthering Heights. Coincidentally I was reading about the Sylvia Plath effect and I think you could add Emily to the list.

Attached: D36315_10.jpg (1536x1061, 113K)

This is fucking devastating. Probably could have launched an entire new line of Christian mysticism but no the prudes had to burn it.

Attached: extract2065.png (649x320, 44K)

I just finished volume one of wuthering heights... Why is Cathy so awful?

why do mentally ill english woman write so well?

They have mastery of the English language and solid literary education that is attendant with being English but, on account of being mad, are far less stifled by the styles and mores of their time and more capable of true originality.

fucking r9k

Attached: e.png (1581x56, 17K)

>Emily Dickinson is not desireable in any way.

Attached: 1548715696364.jpg (960x960, 75K)

found the vampire, also yuck!

I half-chubbed

Schizotypal PD

>Women for the majority don't like their man to be more artful than they are because it usurps their role as the most valuable accessory and fosters anxiety

Thanks Maugham