“George immediately got upset as they began to describe the plot and it dawned on him that we weren’t using one of...

>“George immediately got upset as they began to describe the plot and it dawned on him that we weren’t using one of the stories he submitted during the negotiations,” Iger recalls.

>“The truth was, Kathy, [The Force Awakens writer-director] J.J. [Abrams], Alan, and I had discussed the direction in which the saga should go, and we all agreed that it wasn’t what George had outlined. George knew we weren’t contractually bound to anything, but he thought that our buying the story treatments was a tacit promise that we’d follow them, and he was disappointed that his story was being discarded,” Iger continues. “I’d been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way, and I didn’t think I had now, but I could have handled it better. I should have prepared him for the meeting with J.J. and Michael and told him about our conversations, that we felt it was better to go in another direction. I could have talked through this with him and possibly avoided angering him by not surprising him.”

Attached: tmpfpprb4shtoa52dqpj.png (800x450, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=YeB-uXGGaEU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s
youtube.com/watch?v=GrNu4KIVdJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I've made a grave mistake

As much as I wish we got George's version instead, it serves him right for selling it.

george is a hack and his movies would have been shitty, but they did him wrong.

What did we learn ?

Attached: Goddamn.jpg (700x828, 144K)

>I’d been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way

"Hey George. Don't get too hung up on your story as we might not use it". But no, they obviously did pander to his vision because it was a sure way to buy the franchise.

>Focus on the microscopic "whills" to further demystify the Force
>Luke trains an old Leia in the ways of the Jedi
>CGI everything
Unironically, the sequels are better than what he would have done.

No, no they aren't. You might want to grab a tissue, there's some drool on your chin, tard.

You're probably a zoomer who likes the prequels, gay boi

Yeah, that's fake. You know that, right? That's damage control Disney """""leaked"""" to make it seem like they did the right thing when they threw out the creator's original vision and focused on their own produced by committee movie.

>Billionaire getting shanked by another billionaire.
If George cared so much about his vision, he never would have made the Special Editions.

Why does this boomer hasbeen think his opinion still maters or that anyone cares?

>You know that, right?

Of course he does. He's one of the Disney shills.

False. World building and the sense of scope would have been great.

You would think George would put out a statement in that case. Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but that's the kind of retarded shit he would come up with. It's no wonder people think he started losing his marbles.
>special editions
>darthy icky, darth insaneous
>darth maul and darth talon are friends!
>korriban becomes moraband
Not saying Disney is great, but that man was ruining his own creation.

i don't understand why he sold to Disney if he still gave a shit

>Lucas sells his ideas to Disney as a fuck you to Star Wars fans
>later regrets it
>"BAAAAW THEY RUINED MY FRANCHISE PLEASE FEEL PITY FOR ME"

>a bloo bloo why didn't they follow the bullshit notes I scrawled on some paper 50 years ago about a microverse or whatever because I was coked out
fuck off george you fucking hack

I wish he'd just come out and unequivocally say the new movies are garbage. What are they gonna do, sue?

>white slavers

To this day, I still have no idea what he meant here.

t. Seething Disney Shills

Well, we wouldn't necessarily have gotten that with Lucas either. This is still the guy who gave us the prequel trilogy don't forget. It's not like his hands are clean.

>Well we wouldn't have got any world building because the world building prequels didn't have any world building in it

What did the Disney shill mean by this?

also this

completely delusional

Maybe he shouldn't have sold the rights if he didn't want them to do whatever they wanted? I thought he was a good businessman.

If he just wanted new talent because of the prequel backlash he could have just fucking hired writers and directors. He did it with Empire.

lol i have never seen anything related to star wars after episode 3
also the prequels suck shitty balls but contrarians like to pretend they are good to appear sophisticated. Lucas is a hack, through and through.

At least you're actually using the term boomer for the proper age range, for once, instead of using it to refer to Gen X

I feel like Clone Wars is his true vision, at least in recent years. George is weird, it's obvious he has a fluid and never ending desire to see his work done his way, it's never really complete.

sounds to me like georgefags are the ones seething. they are the ones who got cucked out of getting what they wanted, after all

He thinks he counts as black because his wife is black. I wish I was kidding

Like it or not, Bob Iger is peak CEO performance. His only real mis step in all his time at the helm is the Star Wars debacle, but they are still profiting off it.

yeah man disney is totally the alpha here ruining one of the biggest IPs in existence within five years with their bullshit

>I don't know what I'm talking about

Expected of typical shills

I thought you're claiming that you weren't a shill? Why do you talk like one?

>Lucas is a hack, through and through

Probably the biggest contributor to cinema over the last 100 years with THX, ILM and streamlining the digital filmmaking process

>"ruining" a dead IP with no other planned movies whose creator wanted nothing to do with anymore
the mental hoops you faggots will jump through lmao

star wars wasnt dead at all during the late 2010s and lucas wrote the outline for 7-9 which were given to disney.

you have no idea what you are talking about

>NOOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL GIVE YOU MY LIFE GEORGE DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS YOU ARE INFALLIBLE
Why do you love a man that hates you?

George would have never sold to Disney if he knew they would throw away his scripts.

Attached: ggpra.jpg (662x245, 41K)

So what was Lucas' original story plan?

daily reminder when Lucas said "white slavers" he was low-key naming the Jews

why did he sell it instead of making more movies then

Attached: file.png (500x300, 93K)

Oh George.

You realize that Disney can basically make infinite money through merchandising alone right? They can just keep slapping Vader on lunchboxes.

>this is your brain on capeshit

Attached: brain power.jpg (1412x1077, 384K)

Then he's a massive retard.

Yes, that is a very good description of your brain

>He still thinks the Star Wars merchandise is selling

his scripts were shit. the man can't write worth dick. i respect him because he worked hard getting all these talented effects people and completeing star wars 1974 against all odds but the man can't direct or write

A New Hope was shit until it was saved in editing. Empire Strikes back was the best and George had the least to do with it. He had a lot more to do with Return of the Jedi hence why it is considered the poorest of the originals.

He comes back with the prequels with a really easy to do central plot: Republic falls as Anakin falls, Empire rises. He makes a confusing mess of a first film. Every subsequent prequel he tries to course correct. Hey guys Attack of the Clones has big battles, Jango Fett, Yoda sword fighting!! Return of the Sith is considered the best despite being poorly shot and mostly boring corridor talking.

George doesn't get what he did wrong because he thought he gave the people what they want. He shits the bed. Disney buy Star Wars.

First one comes out. People don't mind it. Hey at least it isn't the prequels. All those articles appear being pro prequels, RING THEORY AND LIGHTSABRE FIGHTS BRO!

TLJ comes out. Everyone hates nu wars now. Every zoomer acts like the prequels were good and George Lucas is clever.

I think he was planning on the 3D re-release of prequel trilogy to finance episode VII (then VII would finance VIII etc.) and when the re-release (and Red Tails) just kind of crapped out, he said fuck it.

>I’d been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way
George seems like the kind of old school guy who would accept a gentlemens agreement but having worked in Hollywood for so long he aught to know that when dealing with jews, especially show business jews, everything's bullshit unless you've got it in writing and had it triple checked by jew lawyers.

>“The next three Star Wars films were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force… If I’d held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”

I think with the current state of Starwars George is a business genius.

>George seems like the kind of old school guy who would accept a gentlemens agreement
George is a cunt. George spearheaded a movement against colourisation of black and white films and changing old movies. Then spend the next few decades changing Star Wars over and over.

Now we have blinking Ewoks and Vader screaming NOOOOO when he kills the Emperor.

>“Back in the day, I used to say ultimately what this means is we were just cars, vehicles for the Whills to travel around in….We’re vessels for them. And the conduit is the midichlorians. The midichlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force… All the way back to—with the Force and the Jedi and everything—the whole concept of how things happen was laid out completely from [the beginning] to the end. But I never got to finish. I never got to tell people about it.”

Get some rest Kathy, you look tired

Attached: 541b0a6abc6baa84401146fbb1869e17.png (600x300, 248K)

AH YES SO FUCKING GOOD
NOT AT ALL LIKE THE SHIT DISNEY MAKES

>A New Hope was shit until it was saved in editing. Empire Strikes back was the best and George had the least to do with it. He had a lot more to do with Return of the Jedi hence why it is considered the poorest of the originals.

Attached: stawazyay.jpg (665x800, 72K)

>if you don't suck Lucas' dick and say I'M SO SORRY MASTAH PREASE COME BACK, you are a Mousefag
I hate Star Wars fans so much. I'm honestly starting to believe the best thing Disney ever did was expose them as the autistic screeching retards they always were.

Not anymore...that is for a certain fading generation...they failed at making new characters or deliver anything interesting. Nu kids dont care about it. SW will end up like the Muppets.

Correct

I thank RLM every day for making prequelfags seethe

George Lucas trusted Bob Iger because he was the guy who helped him make the Indiana Jones TV series happen. George thought this guy was on his side.

>Star Wars on sale for $1 Million after TROS and Dabid's trilogu bombs
>Tons of hate towards the franchise
>No other company wants to buy it
>Based George buys it for $700k
>Makes Star Wars kino again

What a fucking mess.

This is the same guy that was bigging up the love triangle between Han, Leia and Luke prior to Return of the Jedi before making it so that Luke and Leia would be brother and sister.

The same guy who changed this Star Wars shit five hundred times over. The original Star Wars concept had Leia transporting spice and Jedi-bendu (ripping shit from Dune). Annikin Starkiller. Han Solo was a tall reptile and shit.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars

But it's the Disneyshills in this thread who are seething.

>Gotta enjoy the prequel lightsabre fights though bro.

Attached: 148-1483868_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-wojak-ahsoka-wojak-clipart.jpg (880x898, 337K)

Attached: 1568022266024.jpg (2938x3901, 3.44M)

Lucas is fucking insane in regards to his focus on world building. It's why the prequels had so much shoved into every scene.

The prequels were not the greatest movies on their own yet still were amazing at how they dumped so much lore and possible worlds on people. The Nu-Wars movies have gone the complete opposite direction by having hardly any world building and instead relying on reusing everything Lucas already had done, but with a Mary Sue.

link to text pls? is that from a book?

>get BTFO by logic
>respond with meme
every time

>logic
Where was the logic part? Saying Lucas Can't Write is a meaningless criticism now that we learn that his critics and other people in Hollywood can't write.

>SW will end up like the muppets
Henson made one last, darker vision before he died that turned into a fantastic cult classic. Lucas made red tails.

Attached: Labyrinth at the Astor Theatre – Trespass Magazine.jpg (1200x806, 201K)

Mate at the very least the prequels had a outline. George is a great concept man but not great at execution. He was actively involved in all three of the OT's including Empire. Disney films had no outline for the trilogy ...here we are with the "final" chapter with no sense of direction,no arcs and no characters to give two fucks about. They introduced new characters in TFA that could of actually gone somewhere but instead they focused on erasing the past films in a piss poor attempt to make shekels. Lucas at least had vision and stuck to it. And yes the prequels are bad but they do have soul.

are you brain damaged?
how does something new being bad automatically make old bad writing magically good now?

>get BTFO by logic

Attached: f3b.png (537x491, 413K)

>lore
What lore in the prequels? Most of it was shallow and pathetic. What was the point in Darth Maul and the rule of 2? And shit like that? Sure there were more planets. But they were mostly CGI messes with no character.

>by having hardly any world building
Indeed, nu wars biggest problem is it did nothing to establish the new universe. Okay why does the resistance exist? What is the republic doing? Where did the first order come from? Sure there are spin off books and shit but who cares?

General Hux gives a gay little speech and they blow up the republic. Okay? We had no connection to that shit? It was meaningless? At least in A New Hope we had Leia's reaction to Alderan getting blown up.

UUUUUUUH MOUSE SHILL

>Saying Lucas Can't Write is a meaningless criticism now that we learn that his critics and other people in Hollywood can't write.

Attached: what.jpg (575x323, 20K)

Mouseshills BTFO by logic again!

I AM SORRY, GEORGE

My point is Disney bought the Muppets IP and done fuck all with them due to making shitty couple of films and a bad show. So now they're obscure...this will be the fate of SW.

Why the fuck are they mentioning this to the public?

I have a feeling disney really wants to destroy Star Wars. It's not about the money. They really want this franchise dead.

I love how Lucas wrote 3 new stories and Disney bought them purely to stop Lucas making them into some new trilogy. Lucas doesn't even need money, he just wanted his work to be used and they took it and will never use them lmao

This thread is clearly made by Disney shills who desperately want SW to be relevant again before the new shitshow is released in December.

>Hey, George, just a head's up. We are going to run your franchise into the ground by the end of this decade

>This thread is clearly made by Disney shills
Just the ones that are trying to claim Lucas was in the wrong.

>joke's on you iger. i already ran it into the ground 7 years ago

>three of the OT's including Empire
I never said he wasn't involved. But if you watch any of the behind the scenes you'll see he was barely involved. He was on the other end of a phone to answer the odd question. That's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YeB-uXGGaEU

The thing is.. the fact that George had a REALLY easy outline to follow and fucked it up makes it far worse than what TFA did. TFA is a JJ Abrams cash grab with no idea where it was going. It is a blank slate that could have easily been followed by an okay film but they went with Rian..

Phantom Menace though? There were 4 seperate battles at the end. Space, Gungans, Jedi, Palace. Jar Jar. Kid actors. It was a mess from start to finish. All they needed was a young man Anakin meeting Obi wan in the shadow of a war. People change and whatever. Instead, George fucked up everything. Made the Jedi pathetic bureaucrats. Midichlorians. And each sequel he tried to course correct. War, lightsabre fights, Fett. And it didn't go anywhere. You can say he had a vision but he changed his vision to try and meet expectations and constantly mucked it up.

>Jokes on you, George, we're going to run this further into the ground that you thought possible

It is posible to dislike Lucas, the prequels and Disney nuwars.

It is called liking the OT and not caring about any other crap they make.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 13K)

Bob Iger is on his wait out and these are a couple of lines about an important deal in his whole book. It's not Disney, it's Bob. You can't write a book about your successful career without adressing the Lucasfilm deal. And if he lied about somthing, Lucas could feel compelled to come out and speak the truth.

>ran into the ground so much that EU grew to a giant size.
>Especially the Old Republic stuff

Same guy here. I like the OT (Empire was the first one I saw at the cinema on initial release)...there is only the OT. So I dont get your counter point or pic related.

>So I dont get your counter point or pic related.
Most of the people in this thread aren't disney shills. They don't like any of this crap.

Phantom Menace is fucking Citizen Kane in comparison to TFA/TLJ.

Dont kid yourself there is a lot of shilling going on.

It's still not correct since George is a silent (born 1928-1945), not a boomer

Stop worrying about Georges, pay attention to the fans you moron.

>this will be the fate of SW.
Thank God

There are people here who think the prequels are good or that George had it all figured out. Lol.

>Luke, did I ever tell you these were your father's droids? We went on wild adventures together for over 3 years in the Clone Wars, and the little one even saved me from a swarm of buzz droids, yet I somehow don't recognize them anymore. They were good friends.
>Luke, did I ever tell you that while your father was training on Coruscant, C-3PO served your family (Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, Grandma Shmi, Grandpa Cliegg) for nearly 10 years? Somehow, your uncle didn't recognize Threepio when he returned to family's service.
>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that all Jedi used to dress like homeless moisture farmers the same as I do, despite that still dressing like a Jedi is no good way to hide from Empire? It was a good robe though.
>Come here, Luke, today we will be training with this practice droid while you wear this helmet to blindfold yourself. You would think this was an impromptu training procedure, but no, we did this to younglings all the time and even built them special mini helmets. Right now you are literally worse than a child, Luke, like the ones your father killed with that lightsaber you are holding. He was a good friend.
>You must go to Dagobah, Luke, and seek out Yoda, the Jedi Master who trained me — well, actually, he's A Jedi Master who trained me. Before I moved up to Liam Neeson's service, I was one of the 20 younglings who went to Yoda's class every tuesday and thursday back in youngling school inbetween Jedi chemistry class and lunchtime. Nothing remarkable or mystic to our relationship at all. He was just my teacher who handed out droids and youngling-sized helmets to the class. Also, all his deep seemingly spur of the moment lessons and teachings from a true master are all fairly common Jedi sayings that he just butchers with his ghetto way of talking. A good friend, he was.

Attached: 1569057767625.jpg (1000x1335, 265K)

TFA is better than the Phantom Menace. As bland as TFA is. TLJ is fucking garbage though.

Attached: Jar_Jar_SWSB.png (480x615, 585K)

The fans that they blame for their failures? The fans that like only OT, or the male fans that are the majority of SW audience?

Trolling you mean.

>Phantom Menace though? There were 4 seperate battles at the end

It's only one too many, remove the padme part and it flows much better.

>It was a mess from start to finish
It's the prequel that holds itself the best, it was also the only one Lucas had a complete script before shooting.

>TFA is better than the Phantom Menace.
Jar Jar is a better character than everyone from the sequel cast. Kylo might be on par though.

I mean, sequels could be made much better with editing like New Hope, but sequels are just marketing approved scene slideshow.

>TFA is better than the Phantom Menace

jakku/10

The worst shit about all this is how much Lucas doesn't even get the fucking Jedi. Jedi should live on some forest planet since they are basically buddhist warriors, kinda like samurai. Instead they are like bureaucrats in the republic??

Jedi should have been few in number. Roaming the galaxy and helping people out. Really rare shit. It would make the purge make sense. Considering that in like two decades Jedi are basically myth? It doesn't make sense that they would be myth when they were a central part of fucking government.

dis

>sequels are just marketing approved scene slideshow

TRoS is probably going to be a thing of beauty.

Can you legitimately explain your defense of Phantom Menace? Because I don't get how you can defend it at all.

Jar Jar was fucking awful base trash. Kid actor was bad. Darth Maul was wasted. The whole plot was silly start to finish. The politics...

Is it nostalgia or something? I legitimately want to understand.

Easy. Phantom Menace felt self-contained even if it had setups for the later sequels. Force Awakens was blatant in its usage of mystery boxes.

Just because it felt self contained doesn't forgive all the crap that it was full of.

There is some greater strategy at play here.

Disney know how to play the plebs.

>We bought Star Wars from George Lucas and promised to keep him involved. We *verbally* promised to consider his input.
>Naturally, we weren’t contractually bound to anything he suggested, but he thought that our buying the story treatments was an honest promise that we’d follow them, and he was disappointed that his story was being discarded.
>What a dupe. We promised him something and he didn't even ask for anything in writing. He actually trusted us! Hahaha we couldn't believe it!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

Because I don't care about side characters? Frankly I kinda want to see if JJ was really a sith in disguise, before being replaced by Duku.

Also, look at it as ObiWan's trilogy. First movie is a fun adventure with him seeing how by the book Jedi have become through QG. Second is him trying to teach his padawan to do the right thing instead of by the book. Third is his training biting him in the ass because without discipline, doing the right thing becomes too subjective to hold up.

By that logic, you should be harder on The Force Awakens instead.

I think the biggest mistake of George for the prequels was letting his business side take over the artist and shoving OT references into prequels.
>We must have Vader as protag
>We must have C3PO and R2D2
>We must have scenes that foreshadow OT era stuff.

>By that logic, you should be harder on The Force Awakens instead.
How so? You said the Phantom Menace was self contained. Just because a movie is self contained doesn't mean it is good?

TFA was a shit movie. But it comes across more as bland. Poor world building. Meh characters. Copies New Hope. Doesn't do anything new.

Just because Phantom Menace tried to be new doesn't mean it was good. It shit all over concepts like the Jedi. It had no central main character. It stuffed too much crap in.

Imagine being a retard and still breathing. You are a useless human being on this planet.

George is an ideas man, not an execution man.

I'd wager if he directed Empire and Return of the Jedi, those would have been shit too.

If Disney used his ideas with competent directors, they would have made better films.

>>We must have C3PO and R2D2
>>We must have scenes that foreshadow OT era stuff.
Honestly, the worst part of his writing is his connect the dots game. Whenever someone does a prequel they take strands and play connect the dots as if it makes for good storytelling. It doesn't. All George needed to do is leave it in a place where it would eventually lead to the OT. Instead he basically had to have the prequels end with everyone where they should be decades later.

He just wasn't flexible. And it led to weird decisions like this person said:
It was lazy to have Jedi have the same robes and other things. It just makes no logical sense.

And this connect the dots stuff led to the whole "ring theory" with people feeling like he was adding extra layers to the saga when he was just reusing things because he thought it would be neat, the same way people say they "have a bad feeling about this".

When people call TFA a New Hope copy, they forget that the prequels, for all the new ships and planets, reused so much OT stuff.

That trickster Mouse... is a rat

As much as Whills and Midichlorians sound retarded. I think overall story would have been more about Luke and his legacy than some POC diversity hires or a mary sue protagonist.

>It shit all over concepts like the Jedi
Muh Midichlorians? Was it ever said that they created the Force instead of being used as a measuring tool?

Also those even make sense for a by the book Jedi like QG. If some powerful guy tries to get their protege into Jedi, they can refuse it politely by saying that the candidate doesn't have enough Midichlorians.

Still better than TFA, This thing has nothing to sell, it doesn't even feel like SW despite all the OT pasta they threw in. The pod race alone elevates TPM far higher than TFA will ever get. Also you don't get to complain about Jar Jar when Finn exists.

Not just midichlorians, that is one aspect of it. They aren't just a "measuring tool".

>"Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you."

The problem was how it made the Jedi.

>Also you don't get to complain about Jar Jar when Finn exists.
Jar Jar was worse. Come on now. As bad as Finn is, how can you say he was worse than a silly cartoon rabbit who literally comments on a creatures fart

Attached: og-image.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that all Jedi used to dress like homeless moisture farmers the same as I do, despite that still dressing like a Jedi is no good way to hide from Empire? It was a good robe though.
HEY I WONDER WHERE I SHOULD HIDE LUKE?

I know, with his Aunt and Uncle! You know, the people that Anakin visited. That Anakin knows about.

Right, while Sith are the government, Jedi are the wandering vagabonds that somehow participated in Clone Wars that Obi Wan was talking about.

>N-no, see, you're just not reading deeply enough. It's... uh... intentional.
>When he said Darth Vader killed Luke's father, he was just pretending he didn't know very distinct droids who were present throughout two solid decades of his life and were even at Luke and Leia's birth and Padme's death.
>It's the same thing and not at all an indication that George is a fat retard who took credit for the incredible editing acrobatics used to save the moneypit he made.
>The fact that Darth Vader being his father was a retcon for Episode 5's twist isn't relevant.
Clearly you just don't get 4D chess like Georgey boy.

Attached: i am very smart.jpg (800x450, 44K)

How can Disney fucked this franchise
Its Star Wars

The prequels are flawless masterpieces and Lucas is smarter than any of his brainlet critics.

So you like bureaucratic Jedi? Yeah, let's make the mystical guys government stooges.

It would be easy to have the Jedi offer to help in a war to keep the peace and protect people while also getting involved in war.

a pile of shit would literally be better than the feminist rubbish they trotted out.

based georgie boy

Unironically I think this is a fact compared to Disney prequels and to JJ and Rian Johnson.

Prequel defenders are the worst. I get it, you were 7 when you saw Episode 1 and thought it was the coolest. Get some taste man.

>fans: “George you fucking hack, sell the star wars ip to literally anyone, reeeeeeeeeeee”
>George: “ok”
>fans: “oh my fucking God George, why did you sell the star wars ip to literally anyone like i demanded you to do for two decades, reeeeeeeeeee”
You’re getting exactly what you deserve.

>he thought that our buying the story treatments was a tacit promise that we’d follow them
did the big executive really say this? coming out in public with the huge humiliation that not only undercuts george's creative reputation but his business one as well lmao
>he thought it was like this pact lol. like a kid would
this iger dude sounds like a killer

What are the chances, Iger will turn those scripts into movies once Rise of Skywalker bomb at box office?

Attached: 23222.jpg (550x467, 57K)

Its a biography book of Bob Iger. Its legit. I'm surprised he wrote this shit. He will basically ruin Disney with this exposure.

More anti-PT brainlet rage. Very sad. Many such cases!

You're probably a millenial who pretends a bunch of greasy milwaukee doughfucks are his actual friends, faggot.

Literally nobody is buying sw merch, it’s rotting on shelves for five years now and clearing out for 50 cents.
Keep trying.

>>darthy icky, darth insaneous
>>darth maul and darth talon are friends!
>>korriban becomes moraband
No one gives a fuck about anything but the movies you pitiful dumbfuck nerd.

I think the Jedi being like fit QG, the contrast between them and ObiWan with Anakin and the reason why the Republic fell.

They became civil servants instead of following the Force.

I have enjoyed mocking the prequels for so long until i watched this clip and saw how George and this guy are speaking entirely at cross purposes and george's frustration because the guy is smiling but they don't understand each other at all, and he can't get across what he means, and i realised that george is just a fucking aspie in a social world and he should have simply stuck to his car go fast car go smash plane go zip stuff and never tried to do hewmon character e-motions and he could have made more kino for people like me i like when the fucking car go fast and go boom
youtube.com/watch?v=GrNu4KIVdJY

>Movies
Disney+ episodes is more likely. If they wont have time travel in RotS, they'll have it there.
>Look guys, genuine Lucas scripts. Give us money

No shit. His digits are dumbfuck double digit IQ pseuds and Lucas is one of the greatest creative geniuses in the history of film. The guy's a living legend and the people talking shit are basically human plankton.

>tfw you never hated the prequels

Attached: 977EBE6C-3824-4D13-8538-D953B8D4C8F4.jpg (400x400, 39K)

George didnt create any of that shit, he just bankrolled it put people together. It was inevitable. Hes not an engineer, hes a hack director and a hack writer who got massively lucky with the OT and all was laid bare to see in the prequels just how good he was. Everything he ever did is pleb tier normiecore filmmaking.

The clone wars was babyshit for kids

>CGI everything
You do know that TFA has more CGI than any Prequel movie, right?

Attached: DIDF.jpg (600x400, 99K)

Literally have sex or take your meds schizo.
What the fuck is even your major malfunction?

>Everything he ever did is pleb tier normiecore filmmaking.
Both THX and American Graffiti were groundbreaking films you brainlet piece of shit.

George fucking sucks, everything that man touches is complete shit. I'm glad they didn't use his story which was almost certainly trash.

>a couple literally who movies

Jar Jar was a side character comic relief, Finn was a main character and at the end of the day he still managed to be turn out to be a turd on par with jar jar.

If rumors are true it's a combination of not wanting to pay Georges royalties, meaning that all the good stuff people like is now gone or replaced by disney lamer pastas, and kennedy's pathological need to use the brand to push for her own agendas, meaning that all the new stuff is garbage.

Remove the good stuff and give people trash : a star wars lesson by disney.

>groundbreaking
He broke ground in nothing. He showed a sliver of ingenuity due to small budget. He sucks and the most creativity he actually did show was in Willow, if he wrote any of it at all. George blows ass.

>“I’d been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way, and I didn’t think I had now, but I could have handled it better."

As if this slimy rat didn't insinuate he'd use George's stories by buying them separately from selling the IP. A little grease to make Georgie feel better about losing control, then rip the rug from under him.

I don't even think Lucas would have had good ideas but come the fuck on.

I just had sex with my meds. Theyre suppositories. George still eats chesse dick

>If rumors are true
they aren't

It unironically has darker moments than any of the movies did. The star wars franchise is just a franchise for kids in general and the only mature stuff about it comes through the expanded universe.

>Every zoomer acts like the prequels were good

I'm old and the prequels were shit but at least they tried. NuWars isn't trying anything, it's not even that they're copypasting the originals (JJ Abrams) or being "bold" and throwing everything away (Rian), it's that they have no fucking idea what story they're telling. They're making it up as they go along and nothing makes sense.

At least the prequels had a shitty story to tell. Whatever it retconned or distorted in lore is orders of magnitude lower than NuWars does.
It's entirely fair to say the prequels created something more consistent and compelling, even if you think they were shit in comparison to OT.

The sad reality is that the only good Star Wars material since the OT came out as side projects. Games, comics, some of the EU books, RPGs. Most was a miss, but there's a few hits and that's more than the main franchise has produced.

Let the fucking thing die.

believes ANYTHING put out by Disney's pocket "journalists" then calls others delusional. check out the balls on this goyim.

Here's a clip of George reacting to the intern who read him TFA's story treatment

Attached: Lucas Freakout.webm (640x480, 1.84M)

They are. Same shit happened with Halo. Microsoft owns the ip but Bungie still owns a lot of the visual designs.

The microbiotic midichlorian shit is real and would have been based. It was from an interview with James Cameron and Lucas. The only thing the pocket journalists did was take a shit on those ideas as a desparate means of damage control.

Kill yourself faggot

>doing anything the "fans" want
he's getting exactly what he deserves

They certainly make an immense amount of sense, discarding the expanded universe and clone wars right after buying the license becomes an obvious move.

Prequels were bad written and directed, bit overall the plot wasnt that bad, so what did Lucas expect for the sequels?

no

This. Seen too many people blame Lucas for the shitty nuwars films he had nothing to do with.

Attached: aspiebillboard.jpg (764x423, 52K)

Even the prequels have good moments and a plot that make sense.
His visual style i would argue improved a lot in the prequels.
While everyone hates on jar jar noone appreciates the kino new sets introduced like kamino, mustafar, the capital etc...

What did disney introduced?
Copycat tatooine.
Porg.
New lightsaber that don't make sense.
Dildo saber.

Face it lucas vision would have been 100 betters than the atrocity of nu-wars propaganda incorporated.

George should be thanking them. Disney created such a trash that it improved his image by mile and without lifting a finger.

Seems like he's saying just what he means but the other guy is taking everything as a joke and not really listening.

Now I remember...I think Lucas ideas were about a deeper development of his midichondrians ideas...Lucas prequels were going to be even shittier

George doesn't care about his image. The rape of star wars at the hand of the white slavers on the other hand.

Reminder ideas are more important than skill monkeys

I don't think he gives a shit desu. If he did he wouldn't have sold it.

The anticlimatic snoke kill, retarded fight choreography afterwards, and drawn out ending was fucking awful. Not even sure what kylo is doing he's quite possibly the worst """""sith"""" of all time. Don't even think he is a darth or anything, he doesn't deserve to be that's for sure.

I like how one butthurt feminist managed to utterly destroy the Star Wars franchise. Good job, Kathy.

He's not a sith.

re-watching it i realise the guy is showing him a deliberately shit goofy version to show George this is what happens if we actually do what you literally say. He's trying to get George to realise the equivalent of "you can write this shit but you can't say it"

>commits patricide
>still not a Sith
lmao

Attached: 1514597881234.jpg (1586x1438, 362K)

Considering this is the sugar-coated version straight from Igers mouth, you can only imagine how much worse this whole thing actually went down.

>A New Hope was shit until it was saved in editing.

Attached: 1525279387079.jpg (800x480, 40K)

..r u saying, that she was into that? she wanted it?

kino

Why was that so horrible I don't get it. Everyone in the movie is completely aware and acknowledges how silly jar jar behaves and characters even roll their eyes when he does dumb stuff. That's why it's genuinely a non-issue to me because the movie makes it clear that even though he's there, it knows how ridiculous he is. As to the anakin acting, kids in real life are erratic and weird as hell, so I find no wrong in his potrayal of a kid being a regular weird kid

>demystify
>bad
i'm sorry you lack the excitement to learn

"Haha guys is this a prank? Why are you reading me the story of a new hope but with a female protagonist?"

Attached: 1514529417517.jpg (1267x713, 97K)

Thank god I never got too invested in this series

>Sells the franchise
>"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH MY FRANCHISE!!!!!!!"

What a fucking manchild

>Instead soft-reboot the OT instead of making actual sequels, then mire them with social justice and divisive 2010's talking points.
In hindsight, even George's failed experiments would've been better. With the Clone Wars series he had gradually improved his writing, and had finally found writers the could reign him in and polish the plots (Filoni)

>. This is still the guy who gave us the prequel trilogy don't forget.

Are you stupid? The prequels have incredible world-building, far better than the OT>

>Equating decisions made for one unreleased videogame at the earliest stage of pre-production with the burning dumpster fire that is the Disney Sequel Trilogy
Try harder, mouseshill.

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y

>i have never seen anything related to star wars after episode 3
Good. Keep it that way. I didn't think Star Wars could be worse than the prequels, but after the 4 Disney films I unironically love them in comparison.

>WHILLS BAD
I can say without a doubt, they would have been more interesting than Disney's lame shit. The idea of Star Wars going full JRPG endgame and getting into our heroes dealing with the fundamental God forces of the universe at least has potential to go somewhere.

Reminder: Disney doesn't own the rights to Labyrinth or Dark Crystal, thank god.

>darthy icky, darth insaneous
He was being sarcastic. No, Starkiller can't be a fucking Darth, it's stupid. He's an unofficial apprentice to Vader. Rule of 2.

>darth maul and darth talon are friends!
>bad
you truly don't understand star wars and Nu Wars is more fitting for you

BOB IGER RAPED OUR CHILDHOOD BOB IGER RAPED OUR CHIIIILLLLDHOOOD

Love how Disney insists on bringing in D&D and still keep Rian around for the movies when Favreau and Filoni actually manage to get the fans excited with Mandalorian and prove their SW passion and knowledge on every interview and panel

Kylo isn't even as good a character as Jar Jar. Jar Jar actually has a character arc in TPM, he is a banished clumsy fool, who comes through at the end and brokers a peace with the Gungans and the Naboo, allowing them to defeat the Trade Federation with their powers aligned.
Kylo is a pouting brat who idolises Darth Vader and the past, until is beaten by an OP girl wielding a lightsaber for the first time... now he wants to kill the past, because, reasons. He kills Snoke, because he represents the past. But then in Episode 10 Kylo is mentored by Emperor Palpatine because the past is cool and should not be killed... What a great character.

The People vs Kathleen Kennedy when?

I'm glad for him, this honestly worked out great for him
He was able to simultaneously get a massive payday, take the load of continuing Star Wars off his back, and get people to come around on the prequel trilogy and at least appreciate certain aspects of it rather than writing it all off as trash. It's like he saved his reputation by showing how much worse off Star Wars is without him

>characters are supposed to change
>because i heard it sucks when a character has no 'development' and i thought that meant change
lmao

He's out as CEO in a year or two and believes Disney is now too big to fail. He doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks, and the average pleb buying tickets to the Lion King 2019 doesn't know or care who he is to begin with

Qui-Gon's deadpan behaviour toward Jar-Jar is actually funny. Are people really too dense to "get" Jar-Jar? I'm starting to think so.

>The idea of Star Wars going full JRPG endgame and getting into our heroes dealing with the fundamental God forces of the universe at least has potential to go somewhere.
The problem with this is that it lead inexorably to a closed door. Once you've gone THERE and you've explored the foundations of your world, you're at the natural end of the story. Disney wanted to milk this shit for another hundred years.

>Love how Disney insists on bringing in D&D and still keep Rian around
Disney is not a monolith. It's a group of old as fuck, wealthy assholes who are insanely out of touch with HUGE egos all fighting one another for power and pride. Essentially, they're the fucking Skeksis. When you see shit like this, it was one of those fucking Skeksis who had the bright idea to bring those people in and give them those projects. Taking them off or firing them would be like admitting that the decision was a mistake, and none of those fucking Skeksis can allow that. So what you get is no official announcement of any change of plans while Skek-touchy maneuvers behind the scenes to save face.

Attached: darkcrystal.jpg (1336x816, 195K)

I genuinely think that was partially supposed to be Qui-Gon sensing that JarJar was faking but not fully trusting that sense.

Because what you see is what you get with JarJar. Finn on the other hand was baited in the TFA trailers and on the posters as the new, badass Jedi of the ST, only for him to be the cowardly idiotic minstrel. And it only got worse in TLJ.

Attached: comic_relief.jpg (1536x864, 222K)

This is kind of just how George Lucas communicates. He once described American Graffiti as a musical. There are no songs in it. He probably did not quite literally mean take two characters from too very distinct time periods and make them "friends". He probably meant "these designs go well together, we should do something like this".

this. anything he made would have wound up just as meddled with. he got a hefty payout and now people clamor for his return

he can die wealthy and avoid the stain of nu-wars to a degree

>Taking them off or firing them would be like admitting that the decision was a mistake
I think this only applies to their darling Rian, as Michael Arndt the TFA writer, Gareth Edwards, Lord and Miller, and Trevorrow all got fired albeit it was after they started making their movies and likely not following KK's vision

JJ told Boyga
>you're the new star of star wars
>the star

It would explain a lot, especially considering some of the recent candid confessions of Iger about him bending the rules of the contract. I wouldn't put anything past him to make an extra buck.

Those guys were all fired by LucasFilm/KK and NONE of them were hand-picked by her. She fired someone else's hires. That's as different as you can get. The people she hired afterward that fucked stuff up were hers.

Finn is more a joke character than Jar Jar because people in universe atleast see Jar Jar as a joke

It could be pedestrian but is better than something erratic and nonsensical.

Just because the Disney movies sucked doesn't mean that George's osmosis jones in space would have been any better

>The People vs Kathleen Kennedy when?
Actually the faggots who made the ppl versus george Lcas said they would make a ppl vs Disney after the backlash to TFA, but then they never talked about it again. I guess they received a call.

Stop being a brainlet. George's sequel trilogy was not literally going to be about a "microbial world". Luke Skywalker wasn't going to get really tiny and fight cancer cells.

Although, that would unironically be more entertaining.

>the plot wasnt that bad
You're welcome to your opinion. But I couldn't disagree more.

>tfw no darth jar jar because boomera got assblasted that a prequel to a kids fantast movie with wacky comic relief characters was in fact a kids fantasy movie with wacky comic relief characters

Attached: D84B1284-ECD2-4356-935A-265F1EBFA4A6.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

woah... pure autismal rage

>Henson made one last, darker vision before he died that turned into a fantastic cult classic
It was pretty dark at times, I agree, but I wouldn't call the Muppet's Christmas Carol a "cult classic".
Why you showing a picture of Labyrinth?

When did this happen?

MmmmmmmMmmmmm

Attached: ggtthhyy.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Kathy betrayed George, all for the shekels.

This, Plinkett's revisionists need a clean break from the critic scene

Just do like DC and make superior animated versions of the original story, that way you don't have to worry about CGI or old actors dying, you can get Mark and Ford back as voice actors and a good enough impersonator for Carrie Fisher.

>all these asshurt Mouseshills trying to damage control ITT

Attached: 1568595348492.jpg (1080x948, 104K)

>George immediately got upset as they began to describe the plot

I guess it translated well to film because I immediately got upset by watching TFA too.

>Darth Icky
>Darth Mickey
Holy shit