Best mano y mano

battle feels

youtube.com/watch?v=tAtbzV8CTV0

Attached: chrome_mv7divlFhU.png (308x229, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4eOpjuXHfvU
youtube.com/watch?v=UvmkYXdTrso
youtube.com/watch?v=DT3GnJStVEw
youtube.com/watch?v=wE8LOr_juv4
youtube.com/watch?v=eS9kqq6PNnQ
youtu.be/j-iSZZEFaOw
youtu.be/ERmM5l2ceoY
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ62frK74u0
youtube.com/watch?v=aCFwwjyg-pE&feature=youtu.be&t=21
youtube.com/watch?v=o4VyvcySBuE
youtube.com/watch?v=YyilMX3grK0
youtube.com/watch?v=Muzzd-pA0g8
youtu.be/FdYW7VIEwPE?t=49
youtube.com/watch?v=G45X6fSk1do
youtu.be/lM5FTQjMYpg
youtube.com/watch?v=X7SiuQxhAjg
youtube.com/watch?v=mKHrQEzCWVc
youtube.com/watch?v=JOBTFfHJjV8
youtube.com/watch?v=nB8tiSMCwRE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnIXWvDMPQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3XYloizwk
youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM
youtube.com/watch?v=XAUj0cpxt-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i was so sad that hector lost

Attached: MLVDL0.png (776x718, 510K)

He 1v1'd achillies, there was no other outcome for him

>1v1'd a demi god blessed by the gods who could only be harmed in one specific body part

What did you think would happen?

he was the best he'd fought, he got sloppy in the end though.

>smile for me now brother
youtube.com/watch?v=4eOpjuXHfvU

>my sons were better men
youtube.com/watch?v=UvmkYXdTrso

>it is inevitable
youtube.com/watch?v=DT3GnJStVEw

>for england
youtube.com/watch?v=wE8LOr_juv4

mfw the quick conclusion to this contest.

Attached: chrome_pCEETR8YbW.png (417x306, 289K)

it's "mano A mano" you ignorant anglo cunt.

what's the "a" stand for latin fwen?

he might have been the best, still was not gonna win. Achillies is a cheat code

Paris nailed him through the goddamn chest, he pulled it out, just like I did with your mom. Anyway that's what killed him. But the arrow in the ankle is what led to the lore. True story.

my rage that Paris lived outlived any other feeling i had watching that movie. Seriously, fuck Paris and fuck Priam.

youtube.com/watch?v=eS9kqq6PNnQ

against or versus like Batman v superman

>war spares not the brave but the cowardly

----some fag from Rome Total War

BOY: they say you can't be killed
ACHILLES: I wouldn't be bothering with the shield then, would I.

the movie doesa poor job portraying him or building up his character
hector is supossed to be battle monster and he comes across too soft and sometimes even whiny in this movie

he would have won without that rock, some god must have been seething and placed it there

YOU SHOULD NOT BE RUDE TO THOSE WHO IGNORE, NOR TO THOSE WHO ARE IN ERROR, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO TEACH, OR CORRECT, THEM.

THE PREPOSITION: «A» DERIVES FROM LATIN: «AD», WHICH MEANS: «TO/TOWARD»; IN THE LOCUTION: «MANO A MANO» (LITERALLY: «HAND TO HAND»), THE PREPOSITION: «A» INDICATES MUTUAL CONFRONTATION, OR CONTEST.

THE SPANISH: «Y» IN THE ERRONEOUS LOCUTION: «MANO Y MANO» IS A CONJUNCTION, WHICH, IN ENGLISH, MEANS: «AND».

Hector begged Achilles to not desecrate his body after his death when he knew he was gonna lose in the Illiad. Achilles does it anyway because he was a temperamental child.

>He killed my cousin
>He thought it was you. How many cousins have you killed? How many sons and fathers and brothers and husbands? How many, brave Achilles?

>The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
>Thats why no-one will remember your name.

>Go home, prince. Drink some wine, make love to your wife. Tomorrow, we'll have our war.
>You speak of war as if it's a game. But how many wives wait at Troy's gates for husbands they'll never see again?
>Perhaps your brother can comfort them. I hear he's good at charming other men's wives.

There are great lines all over this movie.

Attached: 1535614790877.jpg (1656x2000, 421K)

there is a difference between willingly going against an halfgod or being a sad cunt all the time
im not saying that they got the actual fight wrong but the lead up for hector is lacking imo

>He is my brother...
I miss Eric Bana

you would be a sad cunt too if your brother and father were both retarded faggots actively trying to destroy their own kingdom.

I wish Ajax had a bigger part. He was a beast.

Soundtrack makes this one kino, those power struggles tho

youtu.be/j-iSZZEFaOw

How big was that guy to make arnie look like a puny manlet?

Attached: 1567014561006.jpg (500x353, 23K)

is that the same fucking guy from the first movie, the one with the hammer lmao

arnold isnt that tall, ~185

youtu.be/ERmM5l2ceoY

Now THIS is grade A duel kino.

Sven-Ole Thorsen is 196 centimetres (6 feet, 5 inches) tall and while appearing in Conan the Barbarian (1982) he weighed 138 kilograms (304 lbs)

>battle feels
>posted the directors cut with the absolute most shit tier orchestra music added

Good riddance. Let me help you:

DEX vs STR

youtube.com/watch?v=aCFwwjyg-pE&feature=youtu.be&t=21

NEVER GO FULL LANKLET

based

Attached: 1489428672914.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

>being a sad cunt all the time

Hector literally watched his brother throw away their kingdom over a literal THOT who goes back to her husband after the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=o4VyvcySBuE

Rocky vs Clubber 2nd fight

Childhood is idolizing Achillies
Adulthood is realizing Hector was the true chad

they were both chads

thanks man I was wondering what was up with the music

>Chad
>Goes to fight achillies
>Instead fights his unskilled cousin claims it as a victory
>loses toa pissed of achillies

youtube.com/watch?v=YyilMX3grK0

Lionheart vs Attila

Achillies let him get back up
Rock is no excuse

youtube.com/watch?v=Muzzd-pA0g8
lol

except he doesn't claim it as victory, he immediately goes to Odysseus and ends their battle and leaves in disgrace.

He took dmg

kino

that was pure fucking garbage

Whatever happened to Eric Bana? He was hot shit back in the early 2000s

Orlando was good casting as Paris but they made him sympathetic instead of a prissy coward

So what's with all the Troy posting recently? Is it just /twg/ fags that are excited for the new announced title?

Attached: Troy.jpg (1920x1080, 1006K)

>Emiliafags choose the wrong side in other movies
How unsurprising

>imagine being this faggot

Achilles was wronged and had every right to be angry. The Trojans were better and would have won if Greece didn't have Achilles on its side.
The moral of the story is that you shouldn't piss off a demigod who is singlehandedly carrying your war effort. I don't rate Hector because the entire Trojan War was orchestrated by Zeus to depopulate the earth, but specifically to ensure Achilles died in battle. Hector was just the means by which Achilles would seal his fate. Achilles placed glory and honor above all, Hector did his duty by family and country.
The only true cunts were Paris and Agamemnon

I was more disappointed at Ajax getting killed off early, the lack of Diomedes, and Paris getting treated so sympathetically.

Is Brendan Gleeson peak historical """villain""" kino?

Attached: Raynald.jpg (455x700, 70K)

The thing that annoys me so much about Kingdom of Heaven and Troy is the leads. Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt are just rubbish in these movies. Surrounded by great actors then you get them being wooden delivering lines with no feeling.

I do wish we could see a return to epic movies like this. I refuse to watch that Indian won people keep memeing. Chinese Red Cliff 1 and 2 were alright I suppose.

Attached: red-cliff (1).jpg (1595x678, 148K)

I like that guy. He elevates any film he is in.

yeah pretty much

Proper journeyman actor who always brings a great performance.

What the fuck is that?

Attached: 1569263534898.jpg (424x600, 103K)

Ahhhhhh

Attached: latest[1].jpg (256x192, 10K)

A God.

I was Troy positing starting about a week before the announcement trailer, and now look what we got. I’m happy.

Icarus getting to close to the sun

>tfw your last stand is scored by the Planet of the Apes theme
youtu.be/FdYW7VIEwPE?t=49

>blessed by the gods
no.
>right/wrong side
>story of troy
no

>no.
Yes.
>no
Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=G45X6fSk1do

>Yes.
noooo
>Yes
STOP

Christ, ecgfags are insufferable

13th Warrior

youtu.be/lM5FTQjMYpg

>but they made him sympathetic

Attached: YQUOGGvH_400x400.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Athena is quite a jealous roastie for apparently being the goddess of wisdom

I guess that's FEMOID wisdom for you

youtube.com/watch?v=X7SiuQxhAjg
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=mKHrQEzCWVc

Troy was such a dogshit fucking movie

was it?
worth a watch or irredeemably bad?

troy director's cut is an all-time great spectacle. total masterwork

Attached: initiate it.jpg (400x400, 20K)

If you ever read a book, don't bother.

It also single-handedly killed the sword and sandal epic genre pretty much for the whole 21st century so far

he's exaggerating. worth a watch, orlando bloom is a fag though.

>"Why yes, I am a fan of the geek classics, how could you tell?"

Attached: 150106-sykes-spencer-tease_ltpner.jpg (1566x880, 167K)

Don't listen to him. Like every movie, Orlando bloom is awful in it, but it's still worth watching.
Just because it skirts fantastical elements of the Illiad doesn't mean there is anything inherently wrong with it.

Do they make films like this anymore? It feels like a stage play. The dialogue is dramatic..

based 69 poster, heres mine

Attached: katanapistolfight.webm (1280x544, 2.86M)

Orlando bloom gays it up but it's okay. Just read the Iliad instead. The movie leaves out all the interesting parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOBTFfHJjV8

What about this? Simple but intense.

It looks like the directors cut adds about a half an hour.
Anyone know off hand specifically what it adds?

he was good in braveheart too

I could watch it every day.

That guy is the hero in all his films just because of the actor

Troy refugees moving to Athenes.

I actually really like this fight scene.

definitely see it, great movie and you get to see brad pitt at 46 looking like hes late 20's early 30s.

Hard to believe David fucking Benioff wrote the screenplay.

He's a great performer but I think he was miscast for both Reynald de Chatillion and Menelaos. The former because the real Reynald was a handsome chad who loved to kick Muslim shit in rather than this hairy wine-soaked comedic oaf, and with Menelaos I am partial to him being more sympathetic rather than how they did him. The Age of bronze comic series did, for the parts I read up to book 30 or so, a nice take on Menelaos. Agamemnon too. Menelaos is more of a sad cuckold who honestly loves his wife and just wants her back, Agamemnon is torn the hell up about having to sacrifice his daughter. But the truth is they were going with an inspiration of the Iliad so they recharacterized some people.

Brat pitt was great for Achilles. He wasn't the young firebrand achilles but was more of a realistic supremely confident and utterly self-assured but given to brooding Achilles. Likewise, they could have gone the 'country boy who gets corrupted by his return to royalty and becomes a smug jackass' like that age of bronze comic did but I like Paris just being a wide eyed naive idiot. A teenage boy who dreams of love and nothing else, who thinks love alone will save the day. Bloom was wooden and not good at all in Kingdom of Heaven no debating that.

I didn't like that either, but I fucking hate that slut Helen more than any character in Greek Mythology, I hate her surviving even more than him.

>The Trojans were better and would have won if Greece didn't have Achilles on its side.

Only because we didn't have turbochad Diomedes in the movie.

I wouldn't say it killed it. 300 is what killed it because it made everyone try and imitate 300 (See all those dark edgy retellings of fairytales with lots of combat or the King Arthur not 2004 ones). Ridley Scott doesn't really do epics so much as a half-breed of epics and action movies but he's been steadily plugging along at them. It just lacks the artistic flair that something like Troy has. Hell I remember in theatre class back in college the chick teaching it showing us the duel between Hektor and Achilles to demonstrate A+++ choreography and also the poetic cadence of their opening the duel dialogue.

And they always fucking neglect him. is pretty much confirmed to be Achilles-Odysseus-Menelaos-Agamemnon and then Hektor-Aeneas-Paris-Probably Sarpedon. I like Sarpedon a lot so I am happy for him but Diomedes should be part of the Greek playable heroes and damn well better be a DLC or preorder down the line (shitty as that is). Being an Argive is suffering, you always get neglected in favor of Sparta or Achilles

>Women in six U.S. states are now effectivelyallowed to be topless in public, according to a new ruling by the U.S.10th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The feel when battle was won

>is pretty much confirmed to be Achilles-Odysseus-Menelaos-Agamemnon and then Hektor-Aeneas-Paris-Probably Sarpedon
No, Achillies, Odysseus, and a number of other heroes (I can't remember the number they said) are all recruitable by the main factions. We don't know how exactly but you can have Achilles fighting for Troy.

If it must be DLC, a fucking Ajax/Diomedes pack is obligatory.

>No myth units because it's a "grounded, realistic take on bronze age life"
>But Three Kingdoms tier heros that can fuck anything up lol

Attached: 22qzfpmme9r11.jpg (933x525, 64K)

Yeah, I know. Going down the middle just pisses everyone off rather than going one way or the other.
Achilles should just have an Elite Myrmidon bodyguard unit as well as all the other heroes, but whatever.

Let me clarify that you'll still undoubtedly have Ajax and Nestor and all that it's just we have 8 generals, they stated the 4 for the Greeks in the trailer and since they show up on the left it stands to reason the 4 on the right will be the Trojans. Hektor up front, Paris with the bow, then Aeneas and Sarpedon behind them.

If it wouldn't be cocked up my dream TV series would be The Heroic Cycle, covering the Greeks from the Olympians to either the Iliad and Odyssey or perhaps the Heracledae. Use the big start power to play the gods given they'd be the constant fixture of the series.

Season 1 is the Titanomachy
Season 2 are the early heroes like Perseus, Cadmus, maybe the Calydonian Boar Hunt.
Season 3-4 are Hercules and the Argonauts
Season 5 is Oedipus and the 7 against Thebes.
Season 6 is the Iliad
Season 7 is the Odyssey and aftermath (Electra/Orestes, Heracledae)

Oh thank god that's fucking awesome, thanks mate. I have to assume though it'll still be the 4 Greeks I mentioned as the playables. It'd be weird if Achilles wasn't playable but only recruitable.

Attached: LOW RES - Peter Connolly - Mycenaean Age #7.jpg (691x1189, 235K)

I don't think Achilles will be a playable faction, but we'll see.

Diomedes drew Ares and Aphrodite's blood, the only human to wound two Olympian gods in a single day, it's unfair to include him in ANYTHING, he was the only Greek hero besides Heracles to wound an Olympian god.

Chad Diomedes shits all over Achilles in the long run, Achilles could only best him in combat but failed elsewhere as a man and heroic figure.

I know dude. He's so fucking underrated.

To be honest that doesn't bother me as much as the lack of naval combat (No ram in this period but it'd be simple ToB style boarding) and the absence of the gods do. There were no centaurs, cyclopses, ect. at the Iliad. They do show up in the extended myth (and Achilles was trained by a centaur) so it makes sense to include them but I'm not aggrieved by their absence. The absence of the Gods really annoys me because they fit perfectly within the 3k/Warhammer engine kind of gameplay. A god should be like a summon in Warhammer, with some neat randomization and 'rivalry' mechanic:

>You don't summon them. They decide to get involved or not.
>Each individual hero, if reaching a sufficient 'champion' rank, can develop unique relationships with individual Gods.
>If the other side has a hero with a good relationship with that god, it decreases/denies the chance the God will intervene (think Zeus and how he liked Sarpedon and Achilles, or Achilles and Memnon). If the other side has a hero that god hates, it's more likely the god will intervene on your behalf.
>But if your God intervenes, it guarantees a rival god will intervene.
>You don't get to control if they spawn but you do get to control them once they spawn.
The gods themselves can just be ogre or troll sized compared to a regular human rather than colossus sized.

Where did you hear that info, anyway? I wouldn't mind Diomedes and Nestor taking the spot of Odysseus and Achilles but I am skeptical they would as they list off a neat and tidy 4 in the trailer.

In the Iliad he runs from Achilles going around the city walls like three times scared like a little girl and only faces him at the end because Athena transformed into his brother and tricked him into facing him

>He wasn't the young firebrand achilles but was more of a realistic supremely confident and utterly self-assured but given to brooding Achilles.
See I can see bits of that. But he still has wooden moments. I just wish he had brought a bit more to the roll. Bit more energy? He seemed quite uninterested.

Also obviously the named heroes from the start already have the relationships. This is just to avoid the need to have Jossos Blowus the level 1 general have a relationship with the Gods.

>implying Aeneas wouldn't have shitted on Achilles were they to face eachother

It's good and Oralndo Bloom is perfectly cast.

You're a moron if you think otherwise

I thought they said there were gods, but it was like rome 2 (i.e. you worship Ares and he gives your military a combat buff)

Diomedes beat Aeneas in combat, and Aeneas is saved from death by Aphrodite and Apollo. Poseidon later saves Aeneas from Achilles.

Aeneas is a bitchboy who needs gods to protect him from men.

>implying the gods wouldn't protect him from Achilles
>implying laocoon wouldn't OHKO aeneas with a single punch

Hector is representative of the valourous and courageous aspects of war, whereas Achilles is all martial prowess, glory and murderous fury. He's a superb fighter but he isn't a monster, he overcomes monsters with courage and determination.

the only ones to go topless will be old hags and trannies, sadly.

This movie is great at making me feel afraid of the pain of being pinked
1v1’s like troy give me a more bold feeling, as if the fight would be an adrenaline rush
The dude in the vid you just posted is definitely suffering in bed for 5 days with a fever before he finally dies

Kino choice. The music gets me pumped.

You just get benefit of worshiping gods because you believe they are blessing you.

>No Queen Penthesilea leading naked Amazones

GOD DAMN SEGAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: FGO_Penthesilea_April_Fool.png (512x728, 195K)

Diomedes was Athena BitchBoy; ofc he's broken when You Have NIKE on your Side (See. Saint Seiya)

You should also not be condescending or taking a moral ground on doing so, dipshit

>"Every breath of his insults me"

I couldn't relate more.

Yeah, but still there's gods (kinda)

>Ayo hol up Paris

Attached: memnon and paris (colorised).jpg (624x351, 35K)

wat do?

Attached: 1560307057974.jpg (1689x697, 175K)

It is impossible for live action battles to be good ever. Anime is way better for that. You know this is the truth.

Attached: luffypucnh.jpg (640x480, 57K)

Attached: kino.png (1920x800, 1.46M)

naval was scrapped because no one plays the battles. CA said something like 2% of players don't autoresolve every one of them

I wish Paris went to fight against Achilles.

That would've been so much fun to watch.

This
I remember reading Iliad and being pissed about the Mary Sue Aeneas was

This concept was awesomely retarded

>first time watching this scene when it came out

Attached: 1501668865947.jpg (667x720, 38K)

By far the best sword duel ever shot on film.

youtube.com/watch?v=nB8tiSMCwRE

Not mary sue.
He supported poor man hecktor and shitted on Priam/ Paris madness.

The plot armour Comes from being respectful with the gods and being respectful with the enemy.

The Augustus retcon made by vergil doesn't matter.

>blue eyes
dropped

Its mano A mano dumbfuck

cringe

bluepilled

theatrical cut or directors cut?

Anyone gonna be playing the new total war saga?

Attached: troyatotalwarsaga.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

because it's a greek tragedy
Hector is the honorable man that gets killed by the asshole that has the favor of the Gods

looks gay

Isn't that just like a dlc for Total War 2?

director's cut soundtrack sucks a fat one, here's the real version.

it's called getting tired
he even got achilles breathe a little hard with the fight
try fighting for two minutes and see what happens

he's based and that's it

Caplock is cruise control for cool.

Edmund Dantes vs Fernan Mondago
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnIXWvDMPQ

>because it's a greek tragedy
it's not, it's an epic

Rome was fucking doomed from the start.

Pirates of the Caribbean anybody?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3XYloizwk

In the real story though she is ashamed and hates herself for being on the Trojan side, despite being kidnapped and not consenting to anything and literally being treated as rape-meat for Aphrodite to give to Paris.

Why do females always pick the wrong side in this kino?

>he comes across too soft and sometimes even whiny in this movie

Couldn't disagree more. I've always seemed in him a great humane leader. He was certainly soft but just the right amount soft. He cared for his family, people and honor without putting softness where it didn't belong. And considering how retarded the reason for war was he wasn't nearly whiny enough. He really felt like a character with the weight of the world on his shoulders who was determined to carry it with as rightly as he could menage. Then again haven't seen the movie in year so you might be right eheh

Surprised that no one went for one of the best at combining over the top action with little glints of humor:

youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM

I wonder if we'll ever get an adaptation of the Trojan War that includes non-Iliad elements like Memnon and the Amazons.

imagine his carreer if (((they))) hadn't blacklisted him

Last act is atrocious, rest is good.

But having no gods really is underwhelming compared to The Illiad, defeats the whole point (humans suffer while the gods see the war as an entertainment).

he's more interested in racing nowadays

He was on a Netflix show based on a true crime recently...
It's over for him I'm afraid.

literally pleb opinion, the director's cut is way worse for the soundtrack alone

>>You don't summon them. They decide to get involved or not.
>>Each individual hero, if reaching a sufficient 'champion' rank, can develop unique relationships with individual Gods.
>>If the other side has a hero with a good relationship with that god, it decreases/denies the chance the God will intervene (think Zeus and how he liked Sarpedon and Achilles, or Achilles and Memnon). If the other side has a hero that god hates, it's more likely the god will intervene on your behalf.
>>But if your God intervenes, it guarantees a rival god will intervene.
>>You don't get to control if they spawn but you do get to control them once they spawn.
damn you should be a game designer user

>clean shots
>can see the movements of both guys at all times
>great rhythm
>great choreography
They fucked up action scenes and films big time. Wish we could go back to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=XAUj0cpxt-I

I thought we liked The Raid here.

Attached: Excalibur.mp4_snapshot_02.12.57_[2017.04.02_02.35.48].png (1920x1080, 1.91M)