2006 CGI

>2006 CGI
>still hasn't been surpassed
fucking how

Attached: movies-pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-man-s-chest-davy-jones-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

I think the most impressive thing about the Davy Jones effects is that there’s no hiding that it’s CGI, and yet it doesn’t feel out of place on screen beside real actors. Most “good” CGI relies on the audience not knowing whether it’s CG or practical. That wasn’t an option for Davy Jones.

Hollywood hadn't yet worked out that you can cut corners and audiences will still gobble that shit up.

Attached: black-panther-cgi.jpg (1000x500, 85K)

Almost as good

Attached: dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes.jpg (2048x1152, 596K)

Because they knew that this cgi had to be amazing. He was a giant part of the movie and it would be noticeable if it looked trash.

Depends what demographic your audience is, user.

Capeshitters are all over the place

I still can't believe they got away with this

I always think CGI looks a little like rubber, not solid. And that's exactly what a squid is so maybe the animation technology just fits the characteristics of Davy Jones perfectly.

he cute desu

Yeah like Americans

it's perfect because it's a squid and all CGI looks shiny, like squids do. look at the hammerhead and the other thing on the right, looks fake as fuck and not as good, because it's not the same texture.

Wet is easier to fake

the shark guy hasn't aged well but the coral dude looks amazing. Also looks much better in motion

It’s an octopus, dumbfuck

Too much subsurface scattering
That's how I could tell that dead guy in Starwars was CGI

I wanna fuck the hammerhead chad

The budget was huge. Disney spared no expense.

Time.
Money.
Talent.
Effort.

Just because you have new tech and the film is neqer, it doesn't mean it is better done. A modern film can cheap out and curn out crap.

Go back to ww.reddit.com with your cold NPC takes faggot

The real question is how did they make such a great movie based on a Disney theme park ride?

Attached: potccotbp.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

That's because disney park rides are already amazing retard

Depends what park you go to.

I've been to World, Land and Tokyo and Pirates of the Caribbean Tokyo is the wildest shit ever because I don't speak a lick of Japanese.

*ahem*

Attached: [email protected] (1320x556, 80K)

there would be two based Disney ride movies if they just let Guillermo make Haunted Mansion, the dumb shits

This didn't work for me. It looked unnatural and then when she fell... Awful

she would have made a great josuke