Is he right? Is back to the future really a perfect movie?

Is he right? Is back to the future really a perfect movie?

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-082728_Chrome.jpg (1438x1484, 710K)

No, but close.

Yeah its pretty good

Its pretty good. The first one is definitely the best. I like the second one but the third one feels slow to me idk why

The only flaw is the plot making no sense, but that's expected from a time-travel flick. 9/10.

No, but RoboCop is.

Attached: robocop poster.jpg (382x630, 60K)

yes
and so is predator, the thing, tremors, alien, etc

It's one of the few where a remake can't work regardless of how little or much effort they put in.

the entire trilogy is just boomer nostalgia tripping. member the 50s? member spaghetti westerns? It’s less lame than something like Forrest Gump, though.

(checked)
I usually disregard these articles but that assessment is absolutely correct

The plot makes perfect sense though
Taking only the first movie into account at least

Its only flaw is that you have to buy into time travel to buy into the movie. But even then it will become a flaw only if at any time in the future humanity actually invents a time machine that works differently from how depicted in the movie.

Crispin Glover was asking the right questions though

The time-travel is incoherent nonsense. It's no Primer (or even 12 Monkeys).

I guess it is, can't very well argue with quads.

Pic Related is the the most perfect Zemeckis film

Attached: roger-rabbit-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v10.jpg (560x315, 63K)

>Crispin Glover was asking the right questions though
what questions

the time travel in the film makes perfect sense though

That's a funny way to spell Die Hard

>makes perfect sense
>people slowly disappear in photographs
How convenient that this exists purely to create suspense, while making no sense whatsoever.

The time travel is consistent within the movie and thats all that matters since time travel isn't real and is inherently fiction

Only seen the first one, and i found it decent and entertaining, but i dont get the massive hype, i could even understand being a classic, but not the massive the hype

>It's no Primer (or even 12 Monkeys)

Attached: 1563204933881.jpg (464x401, 9K)

>some parts are fixed timeline (e.g. the black mayor, rock and roll).
>some parts are variable timeline (e.g. the nerd/chad dad).
>some parts make no fucking sense at all (e.g. the photo).
Time travel in BttF series is just an excuse to get the characters to cool settings. It's Star Wars-tier soft sci-fi. This isn't a bad thing. Primer is boring as fuck once you've solved the puzzle (or more likely looked up the solution online).

The question why the only way to show that everything is better when Marty returns is depicting his familys rich. He woke the jew and was replaced in the second movie. He sued because they used a look a like and old scenes and won.

Crispin Glover was heavily questioning the movie's ending where it seemed to him that making McFly family rich implied that happiness = monetary success, and Marty's reward at the end is straight up materialistic. I don't think he's that wrong or reaching desu, it's something you definitely don't think about. He also said he didn't want McFly family to be poor again, just make it less about material things rather than the fact that his family is actually fucking happy.

It's the only success you can show that doesn't break the pacing.

No it’s boring and overrated

It's a movie you had to have seen as a kid to truly appreciate, same with Jurassic Park

Pleb

I didn't see it until I was over 30. You have to be an adult to appreciate how tightly written and well acted it is.

It makes sense plot wise
That's like saying harry potter is a bunch of nonsense because how stick create magic?

If you remove Marty getting the car and replace it with Crispin Glover coming to Marty and saying "see this book son, if we are lucky I am going to buy the car you wanted with royalties with it!" that way McFly family isn't immediately depicted as rich, but they'll get money directly from Marty giving his dad confidence to publish his writing AND you would maintain Marty's sub-plot of injuring himself because of the car. I wonder how much of that was actually inspired by Crispin in the second movie desu, they clearly depicted Marty's reward for first movie as an accessory to his downfall in the 2nd's future.

Are you implying Harry Potter isn't a bunch of nonsense?

He's not completely wrong, but this is for an audience that didnt even get that he time traveled initially. People understand material success, like that other guy said unless you want to ruin the pacing it's gotta be something quick and easy to understand. Also their problems in the beginning were mainly money problems and george being a fucking loser problems. And both came across well as fixed in the ending.
I do think they were a bit snobbish though maybe he was going for that

zoom zoom

Everything works like it was intended.

Do you find the average penis to taste salty or just bitter?

>It's no Primer (or even 12 Monkeys).
Why does everyone forget The Terminator when talking about logical time travel? When you take only the first movie into account, the time travel makes perfect sense in every way

>I have no idea what it’s like to see it as a kid
>you won’t appreciate it as a kid

Photo is fixed timeline
People in it are not

The future seems to change gradually based on how low the probability of it happening is and the changes ripple chronologically.

He’s right but you needed something quick and easy for audiences to understand in under 5 mins at end of the movie after the film climax

Not to mention it was the 1980s and material success was thought to be happy.

In the social media age, Marty would come back to realize he is famous.

There is a point where the richer you get, more and more problems amount, but for the most part yes, being poor sucks ass and leads to a miserable, joyless existence. Only privileged first worlders that have never experienced not having money to pay the rent or to buy food that isn't trash, have the luxury of thinking that material wealth isn't a good thing.

the script is really tight. If I had to explain a three act structure to a retard I'd probably use this film as an example because of how perfect it is.

So, uhm, what happened to the 1985 Marty that travels back in time at the end of the movie, the one that isn't "our" Marty?

Maybe its because I saw it as a kid
In the same matter, I saw Ghostbusters only a couple years ago and thought it was average at best. I can understand the popularity for the special effects, but everything else was a chore even Murray somehow didn't work.

This.

I grew up dirt poor, in ghettos and shitholes. The only people who buy into "wealth is bad" are retards who grew up middle or upper class. I have never in my life heard a poor person make that argument.

Well that's not Conan the Barbarian.

based

Attached: robocopwithgun.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Just to make it clear, he didn't make an argument Marty's family should be poor and it shouldn't be rich, it just didn't feel right to him that a car essentially became the prize he got for fixing his parents' relationship, which probably to him should've been backwards. I imagine he saw that as a leap of sorts, but he never made an argument that Marty's parents can't be rich.

>just make it less about material things rather than the fact that his family is actually fucking happy.

But... his family is actually fucking happy in the end?

He goes back and does pretty much the same thing that our Marty did, we have to assume he has roughly the same personality.
Ah, actually I once read something about how "our" Marty changes as well by the end of the movie which is why he has the kinda sudden flaw of going irrational when hes called a coward in the second onward, that it's a trait of rich 1985 Marty.

His "prize" in order of importance shown in the movie was that A) everybody was alright, the siblings were saved, B) their situation was improved, they were all happy, and then C) he got the truck he wanted. This is a non issue, and while I do love Crispin Glover, he is also a strange man and I wouldn't think too hard about the things he says.

The Terminator (but not sequels) also has consistent time travel.
So why did it only affect the photo and not the people in it (assuming the family didn't photograph headless corpses like it was normal)?

No it doesn't, the people gradually disappearing in phtoographs, and the fact that Marty changed the future but he was still the exact same person and his brothers also looked the same. Realistically just changing the way his parents would have fallen in love would cause a ripple effect, since every sperm cell in Crispin Glover's balls would lead to a different outcome (eh, get it), and just the tiniest different in the relationship history might cause different sperm cells to incubate Lorraine's eggs.

It's a perfect script perfectly executed so yeah, I'd say so. And autists, please stop screeching, the time travel logic is internally consistent within the film, the rules are demonstrated and adhered to and time travel does not have to be "realistic" in order to be entertaining.

>back to the future is a damn perfect movie

Attached: CD9C0330-83F1-4E61-BAB9-D52BD3D3EF1F.gif (413x243, 51K)

>not the people in it
It did? We even see it directly happen to marty too

did they forget about their portrayal of Muslims?

Checked
I would say it is.
Robocop is good but it ain't perfect. You know what is perfect? Das Boot

I cant find any major flaws
not perfect (if such movie really exists), but its close

No. It's just the safest answer when redditors with no personality get asked what their favourite movie is.

too white needs a diverse sequel or remake

No. It's a solid 8/10. Really good. The sequels are shit tho.

How do they live without a head?
Why does nobody think living without a head is odd?
Marty's whole body faded, not from the head down, and presumably it was only his own perspective that saw it.

Why were 80’s movies so kino? How did cinema fall so far?

>comparing robocop to das boot
completely different films

dude nihilistic anticapitalism lmao

Conan isn't The Terminator though

Attached: 7665.jpg (500x333, 40K)

Universally beloved film. Boomers, gen x, millenials and zoomers all like back to the futute and if you dont ur probably a lameass

There's a bunch of shit in Back to the Future that makes no logical sense and only exists because it's a story, not real life. It's like Gremlins where the whole "can't be fed after midnight" rule doesn't make sense when you try to apply any realism to it. It's a non-issue unless you're really looking for things to nitpick.

The first one is.

First one 9/10, second 8/10. Second movie I’d argue would actually be a perfect sequel if not for the cliffhanger ending

Part 2 & 3 is absolute fucking shite

They lived in the same house so they couldn’t have been that much richer

1st one is 9/10 for me, second is 11/10 but I can't remember a single from the third one except a time travelling train

Dragon Ball Z has the best time travel rules

>not liking BttF 3

The ultimate pleb filter.

Yeah I really liked that future trunks's life will never be fixed and he had to just move on
except for what happened in super...

Was only just publishing his first book

it's very good but the 80-90s had the advantage of not needing to impress modern ADD monkeys so it gets to be comfy, without inserting a quip, or one liner, or cgi shit every 2 seconds to keep everyone's interest.

It might win an award for being the most cliche movie ever made.

You're mixing up cliche and well executed

it's not really time travel though. he went to a dimension that happened to be at the time period he wanted to be in, but they're running together at the same time. his dimension was just further along

I don't think that actually exists, and it's just an imagined enemy you want to be real. Movies you would like to watch are still being made, you're just not adventurous enough to find them. Do you only find movies from a redbox?

>if we show detroit as a shit hole we can just call it satire and people will think they're watching something smart!
Fuck this movie. Robocop 2 is way better.

No, if anything it's kind of trashy to be honest.

>doesn’t fuck his mom
Shit/10

I was born in 1990 and liked it because of the characters, music, and, admittedly, babby's first time travel paradox plot.

Success can follow from positive experiences in life. Meeting Marty in the past inspired George to pursue his career as a scifi writer and he made it big. It gave him confidence to have his son as someone who believed in him when everyone else was giving him shit non-stop. Confidence that allowed him to stand up to his bully and impress his love. The success that flowed from there and the fact Marty was a virtuous, thot rejecting chad prevented Lorraine from drowning her sorrows.

yes when marty blasts himself with those heavy duty speakers he initiated the actual time shift and disrupted the libyans

Yeah. If you want pure materialism without happiness, look no further than Biff's business empire in part 2. You can buy stuff and give Lorraine funbags, but you'll never have her love.

Reddit

Iiirc comics addressed that, since he simply drove out of his timeline and should still be out there somewhere. Misses the storytime on Yea Forums though, so I can't say what happened.

This

No it's capeshit for millenial söylent drinkers just like LotR

I don't know if it's factually a perfect movie but it is for me at least.

>new 1985 Marty fucks up and ends up coming back to old 1985 Marty's timeline

checked. robocop’s great though

don't group lotr with this trash

It's almost like it's a time travel movie, stupid zoomer

>It's a movie you had to have seen as a kid to truly appreciate, same with Jurassic Park

This is bullshit and you know it.

>really a perfect movie?
yeah, it was "common" before the modern mass-mass production of movies

Interesting.

nah, it makes perfect sense within the set of rules the movie sets for itself

Attached: 1429045158241.jpg (472x472, 39K)

Bye Eddie

Attached: d7gkwgz-6ff0fffe-d4dd-4385-9e86-02abfa8a67af.jpg (383x622, 95K)

t. capeshitter

name a flaw

no seriously, I think it's perfect and doesn't have a single wasted moment, editing, pacing, I love it so much

Attached: MV5BMTA2NDYxOGYtYjU1Mi00Y2QzLTgxMTQtMWI1MGI0ZGQ5MmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg (1026x1500, 240K)

this is what capeshit does to your mind.
good movies become unenjoyable and you don't know why

absolutely this
retards who can't handle the truth

Libyans. It was Libyans user. Libyan ultra-nationalists. It's possible they were muslims, but they were Libyans.

>The sequels are shit tho.
Nah, they are great.

zoom zoom

Was thinking of watching this today
I liked Baccano

Soooo how did the Libyans find him anyway

the problem with time travel plots is it always starts out consistent, then the writers get bored with it or it stands in the way of some event that they want to happen and the consistency is abandoned
primer and steins;gate are the only two to do it correctly

>primer and steins;gate are the only two to do it correctly
Does steins;gate handle the "earth moves in space" problem? AFAIK Primer is the only time-travel fiction that perfectly accounts for it without opening any other plotholes.

>Does steins;gate handle the "earth moves in space" problem?
Yes it actually directly does.

there are three forms of time "travel" in the series
the first is sending text messages back in time, the second is sending a person's consciousness back to a previous point in time, and the third is a physical time machine that also allows spatial travel
the first two are the primary methods of time travel in the series

>if you say the obvious you’re a zoomer
I liked the movies you pleb retards, they’re just not great

Yeas, it's perfect.
Like many pre 2010s movies

Pleb filtered

Holy shit you're autistic

I only saw ir even knew about a Fistful of Dollars looong after I saw Back to the Future so I had no clue it wasn't something original in the slightest for the longest time.
I often wonder what it'd be like to have seen a fistful of dollars before, like most people watching in 1985 probably would have

Gay

It is the last scene where he asks if hos kids are arseholes gets me everytime

Are you talking about BttF Part III? that came out in 1990

From a pure story structure standpoint, it's practically perfect

Bad bait

third one is slow and hokey, but at the same time a bit more charming.

It's my favorite trilogy next to lotr.

it is. Everything is flawless. Structure, humour, acting, plot. Literally everything.

He didn't make out with his mom so no, it's not.

Oh yeah

true though. They may be better at replicating the Rockwellian aesthetic but who could they cast? Who would remember the era? What power ballad would be playing? Who would score it?

Attached: piano-tune-Norman-Rockwell.jpg (550x600, 94K)

It's certainly a classic. They don't make 'em like they used to.

It might be the greatest movie of all time if you go by a mixture of quality, popularity and pure entertainment.

Was gonna say this

CGI, so much computer graphics that they don't even put on a costume or leave the studio, they just draw the costume over them and put in a background