How come a film has never been made about the Ten Thousand?

How come a film has never been made about the Ten Thousand?

Attached: Xenophon.jpg (400x617, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was literally wondering this myself this morning. Spooky

the what

Why hasn't Hollywood adapted this?

>The Sacred Band of Thebes (Ancient Greek: Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) was a troop of select soldiers, consisting of 150 pairs of male lovers which formed the elite force of the Theban army in the 4th century BC, ending Spartan domination. Its predominance began with its crucial role in the Battle of Leuctra in 371 BC. It was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.

It’s called The Warriors retard

i-is that Sam Hyde?

Not even close. The Warriors just includes subtle references to the Anabasis, the actual story is different

>subtle references
It’s the main story of Anabasis and the movie makes it clear it’s a reference to that. The directors cut even includes comic book panels with a narrator that literally references this

Ten Thousand Greek mercenaries signed on to fight a civil war in Persia
As soon as they arrived their boss died
They then had to fight their way home out of the heart of a hostile empire and surrounding by a vastly numerically superior force

>that part where some soldiers eat wild honey in the Armenian mountains and go insane

Xenophon knows his movie would probably be ruined by Hollywood jews

theres heaps of movies about the holocaust though

samefag

>white MEN triumph over legions of "brown" """people"""
Hmm, I wonder why Hollywood is not keen to touch this story?

If you’re an anglo or germanic you are genetically closer to the Persians than the Greeks fyi

As an Anglo I take offensive to the notion that I might be related to any kind of wog, but modern society treats the Greeks as white and the Persians as brown, reality be damned.

What? Is that some "aryan" /pol/ shit?

Learn history. Also don’t pretend you’re not /pol/ yourself.

>Greek
>white

Attached: 1268218034424.jpg (251x224, 8K)

kys idiot

Stay mad LARPer cuck. Be sure to tear down all those 300 posters from your wall now that you know the truth.

>being mad over the truth
Did you seriously believe anglos were related to greeks? Did you think Britain or even Germany existed back then?

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back...

Attached: Xeno Sam.png (369x492, 471K)

It should be a tv series to be honest, I have read the original book, it's awesome, Cyrus would be the main protagonist, only to be killed in the final season in the battle of Koynaxa, great stuff

CUZ WE'RE JUST GONNA KILL EM

Attached: 001.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>boss gets killed in the first battle
>50 guys superior to you get invited to discuss peace terms, all get murdered
>dude I'm like totally in charge now!
Xenophon was a jobber who lucked his way into command, the second half of Anabasis is pretty much Xenophon complaining about how all the other generals are mean to him and won't follow his plans

a nigger hasn't read the book, Cherisophus was pretty much best buddies with Xenophon and the soldiers always looked upon Xenophon, even when they wouldn't Xenophon's aspiring words made them to

>Did you think Britain or even Germany existed back then?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Something that is very clearly over your head, Nigel

kys idiot

>the soldiers always looked upon Xenophon, even when they wouldn't Xenophon's aspiring words made them to
Xenophon was awesome, breaking news brought to you by Xenophon.

>If you’re an anglo or germanic you are genetically closer to the Persians than the Greeks fyi

Attached: brainlet_heli_pad.jpg (1478x1454, 118K)

>>dude I'm like totally in charge now!
they elected him

ὦ kάkιστε, παῦσαι λέγων περὶ ὧν οὐ γιγνώσkεις

Dorian greeks were nordic

WE

WUZ

EUROPEANZ

I have heard this claimed for the Achaeans, who at least seem to have had blonde hair on occasion, but the Dorians are still there, and they are not Nordic.

more like analbasis

Blonde hair is not a trait unique to nordics, retard. It’s a recessive trait. It can get expressed in any group of humans with dominant genes. There were plenty of blonde people in Greece just like everywhere else.

Plutarch literally describes the spartans as being a beautiful race of blondes, stay seething shitskins

Only neo-Nazi Amerimutts care about the "Nordic" meme.
Also lots of peoples in the Balkans and Anatolia were described as light haired.

lol so? There are Greeks with blonde hair

The point is they were aryans. Greek is an aryan language

The best evidence that Spartans were nords is that they're laws and way of life were completely autistic

Literally no. Greeks have a unique balkanic gene native to that region. “Aryan” denoting Iranian/Central Asian migrants are a completely different genetic branch.

Just because your people LARPed as Spartans for centuries doesn’t make you the originator of laconicism.

So is persian

For fuck's sake, I hate non-whites too but can we just have one thread that doesn't degenerate into this retarded nu-/pol/ shit?

Literally only /pol/ can’t handle the fact that anglos/germanics weren’t related to them

Modern greeks are not ancient greeks

Persians were mongrelized, like modern greeks

No anglo or germanic is an ancient greek

Germanics are aryan, like ancient greeks

Anglos, Germans and Scandinavians were fucking caveman-tier barbarians for the most of the Ancient Greek/Roman era. This whole notion of them being "master race" Aryan Nazi bullshit is a super new concept. American mutts and /pol/tards are fucking deluded.

Germanics were turkic/mongolic rape babies

The greeks admired aryan tribal life. Athenians used scythians as a domestic guard, and many greeks in the black sea region would "go native" for parts of the year. The truth is that aryan patriarchal tribalism is the highest form of human life

Aryan does not mean what you think it means.

It does, shekelberg. The truth is all of the aryan warrior cultures were racial supremacist states. The aryan geeek warrior subjugated the pelasgians and saw them as inferior beings. the aryan patrician class did the same to the native latins.

The germanics were a laughing stock when they arrived 3000 years ago and have remained that way since.

Jews and Germanics are closer to each other genetically (both came from central asia) than Germanics and Greeks.

Ashkenazi jews are just inbred Italians and germans. Modern greeks are not ancient greeks.

It doesn't matter what Greeks are today. If another 300-esque film were made portraying the 10,000, then it would be another case of noble, professional white men slaying barbaric sandniggers. I think it would be a massive hit.

Attached: 1503965912852.jpg (1804x1014, 240K)

Greeks will always be Greeks no matter how much you spew your central asian supremacy lies. You and your jewish, turkish, and anglo kin are nothing but LARPing cockroaches.

Genetically modern greeks are pretty much the same as ancients, although I don't understand why any of this matters.

sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals

Not the guy you responded to btw.

Ashkenazi jews are jews that mixed with Europeans yes. But that’s not what I said. I said jews, aka khazars. Germans and khazars are genetically related because they both came from central asia

>tfw your Veteran Sacred Band of homosexual elite get btfo by some latin twinks in tunics that hardly covere their buts as they through their javelins.

Attached: tumblr_nrgyvfn4rx1szqwnwo1_500.jpg (480x440, 106K)

they have it's called the warriors.

All aryans came from central asia
Related to who? Pelasgians? Indians, Dorians? The pelasgians never left, but the only ancient greeks that mattered were the warrior aristocracy. The athenian citizenry abandoned the city in the 2nd century. Do you think the modern inhabitants of the city are the same people?

Ionians not indians

Not the Greeks, Latins, Slavics, Celts, Geto-Dacs, or Iberians though.

Basically if you’re not one of these, you are not European. Or Egyptian for that matter since we’re on the topic.

All aryans came from central asia dummy, including the Greek warrior castes

Lol you wish Nigel Hansdeep Al-Sheckelberg

Even the greeks themselves acknowledge the Dorians as being an invading race from the north

Not diverse enough

t. Swarthy ass pelasgian turk rape baby who thinks he's achilles

>this nigger pretends to be European while actively ignoring European history

I bet you don’t even know about the Danube Valley civilization

t. butthurt central asian gypsy who wants to be Greek really badly

I am 100% Euromutt.

Attached: Ancestry.jpg (1080x1261, 222K)

Look at all those non European genes. Disgusting central asian and greenlander rape baby

Wherever the aryans went they subjugated the indigenous population and ruled as warrior aristocrats. The only people that achieved anything of note were the aryans. Proto indo European longhouse cultures were pathetic

Can you not read?

sure buddy whatever you say

Attached: A8D48749-8482-4897-ABB4-15862DEC37D1.jpg (938x844, 175K)

kek

Just because anglos call themselves european doesn’t mean it’s true.

>ancients described as blonde haired, pale eyed, and fair skinned
>swarthy mednigger slavestock rape baby: "my ancestor :)))"

Majority of that is Irish. Not that it matters since we're so genetically close anyway.

He lead thousands....

What I like about the book is they spend years fighting for survival to get back to their homes, and once they're back in the Aegean they decide to go and fight some more instead of disbanding

Germanics were arabic slaves for a good portion of the first millennium as well

The Irish part of you is your only saving grace

Elaborate, only 13% of that composition is English and the majority of my Finnish side were Western Finns.

You’ve never even been outside of your shitty hick town. You don’t know anything about what Greeks look like (not to mention you seem to be confused about recessive genetic traits).

Well Celts were native to Europe. The rest like the anglo stuff was already explained as being central asiatic whereas the finn/scandi stuff is a Greenlander culture that came to Scandinavia around 9000 years ago after a meteor strike that hit Greenland and flooded the earth. I don’t have beef with Scandis though since they’ve fit into Euro culture well and don’t try to destroy shit like spazzy germcucks

If you say so, I though Britons were ancient tribes native to the isles?

>another war movie
yawn

Anglo Saxons wiped out most native Celtic tribes on Britain.

>anglos call themselves european
No, we don't
Don't be so revolting

Yeah I know, not anymore. It’s great that anglos are finally realizing they’re unwanted.

>Anglo Saxons wiped out most native Celtic tribes on Britain

Nope.

You’re not a Celt get over it Nigel Al-Baghdadi

Correct. Britons, Gaels, Scots and Celts
Incorrect

>trying everything to make them stay
>unwanted
kek

Not the guy you're taking to. I just entered this thread. The celts were not wiped out by the saxons. That's a common misconception, and it's far from the truth.

Reminder that anglos have no connection to celts

On mainland Britain? Yes they did. Only place with remnants are in Wales, Scotland and Ireland and France/Spain (and even in Eastern Europe).

Reminder that celts don't have much of a genetic signature anyway and what they do have is found in small amounts throughout the isles.
>they were wiped out
>apart from these places I mention
>and a few more I don't
I think you should stop embarassing yourself now burger

But I clearly stated from the first post you replied to that I was talking about mainland Britain Stay mad Nigel. No ancient history for you. Enjoy your LARPs

Then what do they have connection to? The Saxons?

>anglos get BTFO of LARPing as Greeks so now they are trying to claim Celtic heritage

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: AA3AD4B7-5754-4784-8626-39D443CFA745.jpg (696x487, 56K)

That’s right, the germanics (aka the barbarian invader force from Central Asia). Common cousins include khazars, mongols, and turks.

It wasn’t supposed to be this way bros!

Attached: CBF842D1-67D8-4AD4-82F4-9436CD57306D.png (1215x790, 341K)

>mainland britain
>scotland, wales, cornwall aren't mainland britain
Typicl burger retard. No history of his own so has to tell others' he knows there's better. Keep seething.

Maybe that’s why I said “most Celtic tribes”. Learn to read my butthurt asiatic gypsy friend

Just as much Danish as Saxon actually. Then small amounts of French and Celt. Sorry to burst you bubble with facts.

lol yes we know you mutted with a lot of people that’s what gypsies tend to do

>seething liar

I have nothing against Germanics since they make up a percentage of my blood.

The posts are right there in the thread my schizophrenia-prone genelet friend

You're talking to a poorly informed mutt angry that he has no discernible history, ancestory or culture.

Reminder that americans are no different from anglos. You both belong back in the Afghan caves from whence you came.

Keep shifting the goalposts. You claimed there was no connection between the British and Celts and they were mostly wiped out on mainland britain. You're a tedious retard.

So go back there? Or are you a taig with delusions of knowledge?

I claimed there’s no connection between anglos and celts. Britons, a celtic tribe, were wiped by the anglos. Anglos are not britons or celts. They are germanic gypsies. Stay mad Nigel Sheckelberg

>Britons, a celtic tribe, were wiped by the anglos
No they weren't.
The fact you won't confirm where you and your inferiorty come from says it all really.

>Elite force
>Only mattered for about 30 years
The wall comes for everyone.
Seriously though, with all the ups and downs of Classical/Hellenistic era Greece maybe that's a longer amount of time than I'm giving it credit for.

Hahahhaa Nigel thinks he’s a celt so cute. Gypsies always have the grandest illusions.

>this is the jew’s and anglo’s best specimen

Attached: 313C35B2-B1BF-4C78-87B0-97F0EBBEE8F8.png (800x483, 465K)

My most recent ancestors:

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-172237_Chrome.jpg (1080x1252, 217K)

>seething nigger
Suggest you relearn your history. Maybe look at some gene studies. That way you wouldn't need a celt/scot mix to put you right.

Anglos have no connection to Celts. Get over it.

I actually know a lot about the Greek classics but even I have no idea what this Xenophon guy is about. Start with Aeschylus Oresteia and work forward.

You're wrong, learn the facts.

Haha you will always be a LARPing desert rat who will never understand why the world laughs at him

You will always be an ignorant mutt wondering why no listens to his opinion.
Also, I'm not an anglo, sorry. Just someone who knows the history of the British Isles better than you.

Nothing I’ve said about history has been wrong. Please point out what was wrong.

based

this is before 'nordic existed', they were steppe aryans who headed south past the Danube after the palatial collapse left Thrace and Greece open to migration.

>no celts on mainland Britain
Quite a lot actually, already covered.
\>anglos wiped out celts
No. Just as the dane's didn't wipe out anglos the anglos didn't wipe out the celts. Yes, some will have died in the conquering battles. The remainder moved to the extremities or mixed with the new settlers.
>Anglos have no connection to the celts
Apart from the genes they possess? Look into the studies, they're quite interesting. First it was difficult to find a pure celt genome to cross match, even then it wasn't perfect. They settled on a place in Ireland that had the least Norse and Scot contact. But really they found there was no distinct celt DNA. When what they used was tested, they found bits of it spread throughout the uk.
Educate yourself, inferior foreigner.

this is the exact spot where the thread went to shit, if anyone is wondering. a retarded pol post and the seething anti-poltard who has to obsessively reply to every single pol post and keep replying until the thread hits bump limit.

I never said no celts on mainland Britain or that they were all wiped out. Again, learn to read butthurt Anglo. Also, mutting yourself with some celt remnants won’t make your people inherently a central asian people.

*inherently not

It’s just the butthurt anglos as usual

You did yes, repeatedly.
Keep seething, nigger.

Feel free to use the reply function to show the exact post my scared anglocuck friend

Thought you meant the 10000 jews killed by being mooned

>it's another "Greeks were white, because obviously only Nords can be blonde, and only Nords are white, but current Greeks are Arabrapebabies and definitely not white even though genetically they're the same, so I get to claim all their acomplishements, while I'm a pure-blooded aristocrat tracing my line back to the 9th century" sprinkled with "lmao Gayreeks were all degenerates homos" and armchair "historians" pretending to know everything abotu every facet of every historical finding; thread
Good job Yea Forums, really competing with Yea Forumsmblr for worst board...

Attached: 1531865513023.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Recessiveoids will never understand how genes work.

Attached: 48696AA4-4076-4F9D-B038-64D3CC7A81F4.jpg (1024x981, 69K)

>cope
Still clinging onto the idea I'm anglo. I like how you can't refute anything or admit you were wrong, just seethe and claim that one of your contradictory posts is what you meant and not the other.

There’s nothing to refute because nothing I’ve said is wrong and you can’t even show me which posts you claim are incorrect. lol’ing @ u anglo

>>ancients described as blonde haired, pale eyed, and fair skinned
Actually believing that

>seething cope
keep going mutt

haha now you’re making fun of your own people

They pretty much are, from south america, to egypt, to china to europe.
Keep coping nigger.

The Warriors

>grasping

Doesn't mean they were nordic. Blonde and pale eyes is a recessive genetic trait. Many people across the world can express those traits randomly via mutation.

Also wtf does "nordic" mean? Does it mean Scandinavian, in which case you came from Greenland and are related to the Inuits and Saami people, does it mean the steppe people in which case you are the slavs, or does it mean the germanic barbarian tribes in which case you are from Central Asia?

Pretty good fiction novel written about this which is probably way more entertaining than any movie would be if made in current year..

Attached: F82E5306-99BA-4C79-9C78-8D6DD86C08C0.jpg (294x475, 42K)

Never said it did. I replied to a post claiming that blonde hair blue-eyed ancients was laughable. It isn't.

It is in a way because you have to understand society was always a mix of brown haired, brown eyed people and blonder, paler eyed people. And there are multiple representations of people with red hair even. It's always been a mix. You can't take a cross section and call it the whole thing.

Not really no. It's never been a mix, for most of the world is it predominantly brown hair and eyes, so much so that red or blonde is a rarity that provokes all sorts of customs and superstition. It is therefore noteworthy that so many disparate cultures have had dynsaties of blonde hair and blue eyes.
In fact, the more I read your post the more nonsensical it is.

That didn't refute my point.

You didn't really have a point.
>hurr durr imagine believing the ancients were white
>there have been white rulers and populations all over the world
>hurr durr that doesn't make them nordic
>I didn't say it did, I said the idea that's whites existing wasn't laughable
>it is in a way because society (wtf does that mean?) was always a mix and other lies
What was your point?

I wasn't the one that said that original comment, all I told you was that blonde hair blue eyes is a recessive genetic trait expressed in many cultures and that the historical representations of blonde haired blue eyed people is just as common as brown haired or red haired or silver haired, etc... You are taking a simple cross section and making broad assumptions that have no bearing on reality. Your purity spiraling will only lead to self destruction like it always does.

Your grasping, sorry. I don't know what broad assumptions you think I'm making, but you seem to be arguing against something existing in your mind.
Yes, there are many depictions of rulers in several different cultures being blonde with blue eyes. No, it is not a common phenotype for the majority of the world.

You must be the same guy. Stay mad anglo.

And none of them are related to you.

Still not anglo
We'll never know.

That's right sit down nordic boi.

thats literally not too, and for all the Anglos jerking themselves off in this thread
Greeks are literally genetically closer to Persians than they are too Nordics

>the double digit IQ speaks again

then why did they make 300 then? your just retarded

LARP and cope more

I'm pretty sure that either the writer or the director admitted they had never even read Anabasis before they filmed it

They got the main aspects right. There’s Cyrus, there’s the escape, there’s the tripping out part (when they’re in the apartment with the chicks), and there’s even the battle at the end when they arrive back home.

no he doesn't
don't just make shit up user, some of us lurking actually read books