Kong 2005

Why was it complete garbage?

Attached: Capture.png (494x592, 655K)

get filtered pleb

It wasn’t. You’re just a tabloid lemming

Was it?

Youve gotta be 18 to post here. I bet you think the new one was good.

John C Reily was hilarious in it

Yea Forums is being based right now

None of these movies are very good.

The original was a huge technical achievement, but otherwise it was pulp schlock. The two remakes are bad and the newest one is literally unwatchable.

It was great you fucking philistine

>Reddit spacing
>Awful taste
>Considers some dork in a chimp suit a greater technical achievement than the Jackson Kino
>Demonstrably underage
Christ, what an ignorant sack of AIDS you are

>Girl actually wants to fuck Kong
>Kino first third ruined by overlong cgfest on the island
>3 hours

What a waste of fucking time. This film was the first step of Peter Jackson's downfall.

First half is interesting. Second half is absolute dogshit

>trying to turn "People go to island. Find dinosaurs and big monkey." into a bloated three hour long "epic" because "DUDE LORD OF THE RINGS LMAO"

Absolute trash.

What are some better adventure movies?

Fuck you I like both.

Lord of the rings
Hobbit
Willow
Any Indiana Jones movie including crystal skull
Sahara
Rat Race
Those shitty Nicolas cage declaration of Independence movies

>unironically enoying the hobbit movies, sharah, crystal skull
I cant tell if this is bait or youre retarded

I didn't say they were good. They're better adventure movies than Jackson's King Kong.

What do they have that king kong doesnt?

I would also add
>Pirates of The Caribbean 1 and 2
>The Mask of Zorro
>The Dark Crystal
>Oz the Great and Kino
>Mummy 1999
And if we include animated films
>How to Train Your Dragon
>Rango

It’s a movie about a gigagorilla going apeshit it’s inherently “schlock” you goon

In most cases a serviceable second half that doesn't fuck the entire pace of the movie

>thinking the 70s remake was the original

Attached: bruh.png (130x147, 38K)

>Weird editing and sequences that don't mesh well with the story.
>Poor to mixed casting. Jack Black was a TERRIBLE choice for Carl Denham, who is one of the most important characters.
>Piss poor pacing, for a three hour movie. Lots of padding in later half. Seriously, why? King Kong is not LOTR, it doesn't take that much time to tell a simple story like this.
>Certain character arcs/plotlines feel unresolved. The Jimmy in particular. It felt like they were building up something about his past would be relevant.
>CGIfest. Hasn't aged well...

Because they tried to force a love story between the girl and a 25 foot gorilla, which is just plain gross.

The original movie had a very thinly veiled camaraderie/parallel between the girl and Kong, and the 2005 movie just proudly rubbed your face in its schmaltziness.

Also pic related, the problem wih all remakes epitomized

Attached: 4C8E6032-BCA7-462C-9805-6D2D464A1FC7.jpg (936x1436, 331K)

>the hobbit
>servicable second half
What did he mean by this?

Oops. Meant for

Agreed on first Piates movie and The Mummy but i also like the mummy returns

it was good it was just way too fucking long.

Money ruined Peter Jackson. Hasn't made anything of worth in 15 years.

Jurassic Park motherfucker

>watched this twice because my then gf asked me if I had seen it and said no so she forced me to go

she touched my peepee a bit so thay was good, I was 15 back then and now I'm 39

The first two

3rd movie is pretty good it's my favourite after the original.

Actually watched it this last weekend. Outstanding film. Loved the clam shell color palette. The native scene was intense as fuck. The island was very cool looking and the v rex / kong battle was action movie kino.

Great movie, get fucked op.

3 was great except for when they tried to pretend [default Nokia ringtone] was the dad's store jingle

Peter Jackson is a fucking hack.Lord of the Rings was a fluke.

watching star trek into darkness - the one with khan - there's that bit where they have to jump between spaceships.
they have a time limit, their equipment is damaged and they have to avoid asteroids hitting them and other debris and all i could think about was how fucking wrong something had clearly gone with this movie that they had to introduce all this extra drama and moving between two space stations wasn't enough to make the scene interesting.
and it's a boring scene there's no tension when on paper that should be totally gut clenching. CGI has destroyed creativity.

jack black is reddit-tier cringe garbage

the fatties is kino

What is reddit?

>Because they tried to force a love story between the girl and a 25 foot gorilla, which is just plain gross.
It's an analogy, genius. Nice image though.

Sage and Kung foo panda-pilled.

Because the director is worthless.

>he doesnt like district 9 or the lotr trilogy

I recognize the analogy. It was present and perfectly detectable in the original film.

My point is the 05 film beat us over the head with it.

>LOOK LOOK LOOK THEYRE JUST LIKE EACHOTHER MUH POTTERY MUH BEAUTY KILLED THE BEAST LOOK AT ME IM PETER JACKSON PLEASE COMPLIMENT ME ON MY CUTENESS

Its something I hate about most movies today. They think theyre smarter and more intelligent than movies in times past, simply because they are too stupid to understand subtle storytelling of classic film.

In 2005 when I first had my Xbox 360 on a non hd tv I thought the video game of this movie was revolutionary...

>peter jackson
Garbage confirmed. The only times he makes anything worth watching is when it's not based on something. That's right, his LOTR was garbage, too.

YEAH IT WAS SHIT!
nAOMI AND JACK BLACK?

I LIKED THE ONE WITH BRIE LARSON AND LOKI AND MUTHERFUCKING SAMUEL L JACKSON (aka NICK FURY) BETTER

Attached: 1511314217578.png (882x624, 39K)

Movie was pure kino, and apparently pleb filter as well.

I remember having to piss 3 times during this movie I didn't check to see how long it was when I went to see it.

Also I was like 12

The video game of this movie was kino

It's a great adventure movie overall, but it is a little bloated, especially in the island.

Attached: A5NJJID.jpg (470x265, 54K)

This. Setting grass on fire was fun

It's one of the only good movie games along with Spider-Man 2, LotR games, and some 007 games.

>Shia
>Jack Black as himself
>Brody Goy nose
>Naomi walls face

Your welcome Yea Forums.