Why was Bishop in cryosleep when he's an android?

why was Bishop in cryosleep when he's an android?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-23-05h46m58s415.png (1280x706, 903K)

Other urls found in this thread:

somethingawful.com/news/aliens-cryogenics-freezers/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why don't you google what an android is then come back, sweaty

same reason ash was

too cool his cpu

Save batteries

ash was posing as a human though, and David that was the first android was never in cryosleep

and Bishop was posing as a bishop

What should have he done instead, mine bitcoin?

logical reasons.

1. to make him seem more human to the crew. He was on about being called an artificial person.

2. his internal workings look like some synthetic flesh so maybe they require the same calorie intake as a person for function so cryosleep is preferable.

3.Cameron just did it to have Bishop being an android more of a surprise.

4. nobody put any thought into it because in some first draft or something Bishop was human.

I'm pretty sure a machine is just as susceptible to wear and tear over the ages that a human is capable of.
Its just a means of preserving.

he didn't like the cornbread

To subvert the audience's expectations into thinking he wasn't an android because androids always end up being some shocking revelation in this shit series.

Bretty simple, humans have a natural distrust towards machines
And with David being awake on Prometheus, no doubt other ships had a similar experience where their AI got power hungry.
So put them in cryosleep so that they don't have time to think while people aren't watching them

>the fittest guy among all the marines is a soulless machine

Why are they even in cryosleep to begin , Hicks says rescue is seventeen days away later in movie,

#Androidsneedcryosleep

Attached: images.png (225x225, 4K)

Why is no one recognizing this question !

this is something i never thought about

I find it more imperative to discuss the bonus situation

Attached: 1496120789619.png (420x420, 15K)

What did elbows and assholes mean?

Makes sense.

extremely based mr. kotto

Right
t. Brett

>why was Bishop in cryosleep when he's an android?

dont ask questions goy. consume media product and wait for sequel or new property.

Military ship, the crew sits in cryosleep awaiting deployment.

hes dreaming of electronic sheep

to be one of the guys

>Although a synthetic's cosmetic appearance would seem to be a superfluous feature, especially in a military model, practical experience has shown that it is a necessary component to maintaining combat unit efficiency and integrity. Most human soldiers are psychologically unable to interrelate with an inhuman-looking android; as a result, the physical appearance and simulated behaviour patterns of synthetic units are designed to particular specifications. Most synthetics in Colonial Marine service appear as mature, average males or females around 40 years of age. Their personalities, idiosyncrasies aside, can best be described as passive or non-threatening. Some studies published in recent years have suggested that androids have an important role to play within small infantry units, both as an impassive neutral party, and as a maternal/paternal influence in nurturing and sustaining the group dynamic at optimum efficiency.

>Colonial Marines Technical Manual

Get to work

nigga you want the android to creep around ship with no supervision?

In-universe, it'd be the first reason.
Cameron did plan to show Bishop's time spent as the crew were in cryo, the idea of which was later used with David, though it was dropped. I think it makes sense as we never really clock onto Bishop until the hand-knife scene later.
The audience would likely question why we're watching this guy go around the ship alone and not following Ripley until it became obvious he was an android, stealing some of the impact of Ripley later realising he was one and how she reacts given her interactions with Ash.

I'd say it comes down to food, water and air supplies on the ship. 17+ days worth of all of them for a platoon of marines atop the extras like Ripley and Burke, that's a lot of resources.
Best to reduce that down and put the crew in cryo.

In the novelization it's mentioned they put androids in cryosleep to save power

There is also the fact that flying thorough space is fucking boring, those would be 17 days of the crew sitting on their asses doing fuck all.

google says it's a mobile operating system

maybe most trips are longer and it's just normal procedure. cryosleep probably isn't that bad

that's my thought. if they offered to pay me the same for both, why the fuck wouldn't you spend a full month asleep. do they age in cryosleep? it would be like you hadn't even lost the time.

Why did so many marines have mantits? Aka moobs.

saves money, soulless corp runs them remember

We have no idea how much time did it take for the Sulaco to fly from Earth to LV-426.

>17 days

Yes, that's how long it would take for help to arrive, but it could very well be a ship that is already in space and much closer.

In case he broke, stupid

nice

Attached: MV5BZWE1MTJlY2Ut.jpg (1322x1000, 152K)

Who took care of Jonesy when Ripley and her crew were being killed on their way to the prison planet?

>do they age in cryosleep?

No. Both Ripley and Jonesy spent 57 years in cryosleep and they didn't age.

I forgot about that but was fairly sure she slept a while between the movies. Yeah that's another plus for cryosleep. You don't even lose the time.

ripley and marines deploy from earth
reinforcements deploy from other, closer location

that's retarded, no one's going to sign up if you can be put on ice indefinitely

>space is fucking boring

This. Once spaceships become automated enough, there is no point in having a crew awake doing absolutely nothing. If anything that would be dangerous, because with long enough missions the risk of cabin fever (sorry, SPACE MADNESS) will be inevitable.

Your family and friends do though

What’s with all the Aliens threads? They put it on Netflix or something?

David and the earlier models did not go into cryosleep as they were built to last. Also worth noting David is a one of a kind without the limitations implemented on later models

Obviously time went on and androids now had a shelf life for the company to keep up sales.

Attached: 1537844255553.jpg (720x800, 67K)

>bringing up Prometheshit when talking about based Aliens

Attached: 1484375733116.gif (500x375, 1.61M)

>reee prometheus reee
I remember when I was a pleb too.

david was an inferior model and he didnt need sleep.
bishop was a newer model then david

>david was an inferior model
litrerally out smarted every being he has come across and has functioned for hundreds of years.
No.

Attached: 1566321153763.jpg (480x270, 11K)

you're going on that mission whether or not you're in cryosleep so might as well

No its shit and you have shit taste not mention we’re talking about a series set within a point when this prequel stuff wasn't conceived and should be redacted in relation to the current topic

>reee it doesn’t fit my head canon
This is how pathetic you sound

Because Androids dream of electric sleep

bishop was made to be more humanlike so people wouldn't be freaked out he's an android who doesn't need to sleep or eat.

friendly reminder reddit prefers prometheus and wheat AIDS to this absolute kino

This. The cryochambers are notorious for breaking down.
somethingawful.com/news/aliens-cryogenics-freezers/1/

did you see when the alien cut him in half. he is biological but artificial. probably an android in a sense that he's mostly made up of synthetic molecules.

you can't retroactively ruin a movie, no matter how hard faggots like you like to try. prometheus was garbage and you're clearly retarded so just deal with it I guess??

david might have been older and inferior in some ways but he was a top of the line and one of a kind model with all sorts of shit the others didn't have. david knew all the backdoors to anything weyland like at the end of covenant he overrides the system and takes control with only a voice command for a ship that was likely made after he left earth. he probably has knowledge and high tier parta none of the others do even if he cant heal like walter

To reduce costs? How much do you think all that cryo gear and drugs cost? Be cheaper to use the space for some air tanks, a TV and snack machines.

You fail to consider that all those cryo meds are probably perishable. Use it or lose it.

>a movie has a objective view
>youre retarded
Someone is definitely stupid yes I.e. You

>we have this model that basically caused one of the biggest catastrophes and threats to humanity in the galaxy, on top of being as untrustworthy as it gets
>more like him, please

Based David

wanted to find out what they dream about

Why didn't they deploy the reinforcements then since they were closer to LV, why wait.

In Alien Covenant, Walter (the new android) literally says his model has been reworked and dumbed down, because David was proven to be too dangerous.
It stands to reason that future models were also reworked to where they were smart, but not a problem.

Because they didn't have Ripley, and they didn't have the Weyland handler. Weyland Yutani considered the Xeno's a potential asset and didn't want the place destroyed.

If they do t use the pod they’ll
Lose it in next years budget.

They sent the marines in the first place to investigate because they believed Ripley when she described the threat after they lost contact. The rescue mission they talk about probably just weren't equiped for the situation, and they just needed them to offer a ride. Anyway having people sleep for a couple months is also probably better than having them around the ship doing nothing and wasting solid food.

or maybe the reinforcements were sent after they left so they can come and collect Burke's specimens