Western/Spaghetti-Western

is this the best spaghetti-western? do you prefer American westerns or Euro-westerns? I prefer European for the cheaper production-quality

Attached: django-1966--album.jpg (626x900, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phlKngDrh6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: DEATH RIDES A HORSE.jpg (1489x999, 371K)

Spaghetti westerns are grittier and more based. Pic related is probably one of the best westerns ever made. The ending was legitimately surprising, I can’t imagine how shocking it was 50 years ago.

Attached: 2E147B87-1E2E-48DD-8351-B47F7C54522F.jpg (1280x960, 213K)

based, I still need to watch this one but I love Lee Van Cleef. Sabata is my favorite western

I've recently heard great things about this one, and I really like the title sequence in the snow. I've also heard it has a depressing atmosphere, which is intriguing to me. I'll check this one out too

you PREFER them for cheaper production quality?
>grittier and more based
good god

underrated as fuxk

Attached: 84874B99-5311-4335-821D-345470556E2F.jpg (1444x2048, 540K)

Saw this last night. People are right about the ending being a total copout but the rest of the film is so well made that it doesn't matter all that much. I was especially impressed by Daves' direction; a setting like a saloon is established and then milked to the fucking bone with great framing and flowing camera movements. Need to watch more of his films. That hotel had some of the most bizarre mise-en-scene I've ever seen in a western. Great performance by Glenn Ford, too.

Attached: b70-16397.jpg (361x550, 32K)

Saw a movie that was a spoof of westerns, cant think of the name but one of the jokes in the movie was, the spaghetti western guys were cooler than the American ones cause they had trench coats and their own cool theme music
I prefer spaghetti westerns I think, The Good the Bad and the Ugly being a masterpiece.
But, The Outlaw Josey Whales is pretty good too
youtube.com/watch?v=phlKngDrh6o

bump

Never saw this one. What year did it come out?

DuhJango

"You're all alone now... Wales."

The dollar trilogy and The Wild Bunch are my all time faves. Literally kino at its best.

One of the best movie endings

Red dead redemption 2 is the greatest western movie of all time I hear.

Yes, it is a spaghetti western.

Unforgiven is the best western.

Once Upon a Time in the West is my fav overall. Fantastic cast, music and cinematography.

Wild Bunch is American, not spaghetti western. Peckinpah is a great director, regardless.

I watched The Searchers the other day. Extremely overrated.

Day of Anger is awesome and has a great theme song

Attached: 9516B045-C44E-4136-A14D-BF5F086555CD.jpg (424x626, 105K)

Soundtrack is terrible though

You mean underrated

>keep meaning to preorder the Arrow Blu Ray of Django
>Ill just buy it when it comes out
>sells out before it even releases and costs 200+ dollars now

I like Canary Island Westerns, like Take a Hard Ride

Huh what
>outlaws from the west
>blood feuds, ancient and modern
>fleeting joy
>american venom
>mountain banjo
>cruel cruel world
>see the fire in your eyes
>red
>may I (stand unshaken)
>the fine art of conversation
>my last son
>banking, the old american art
Just a couple great songs off the top of my head.

Can you please explain in vivid detail why you prefer the original Django over the Dollar Trilogy? Personally, I don't think they are even in the same ballpark, so will be interesting to read your answer.

you have no idea what you’re talking about retard

I think the Dollars trilogy is just slightly more conventional in tone than a film like Django. Thats not to say I don't enjoy those other films (and for different contextual reasons, one of which being the year of the first's release), but Django just hits harder (stylistically) on a specific/niche level. I really love the look of the cameras compared to Fistful of Dollars (the latter having a slightly different look/color grade) and how they capture the dirty/sweaty/muddy environment Django passes through