Post a movie where you read the book as well

Post a movie where you read the book as well.

Pic related.

Attached: 4B9C5DBD-BC56-4F25-BB52-E648A12C73E3.jpg (345x500, 40K)

I enjoyed it but he's not a very sympathetic character

Attached: 51qMJn9tcHL.jpg (500x427, 43K)

Fantastic movie/book combo. Only LOTR comes close in the 21st century

Attached: 91pITXi-aLL.jpg (1560x2400, 844K)

based

daily reminder we'll never get a blood meridian kino

Attached: wwz.jpg (1561x2399, 843K)

Attached: friendsofeddie.jpg (400x608, 102K)

Attached: 119073.jpg (308x475, 96K)

Attached: C3C3D975-3213-437E-A88F-B4D431234232.jpg (686x1000, 101K)

both are pretty darn based

Attached: FEE59876-0367-4732-ABBD-C6B56C35BFEA.jpg (400x600, 104K)

Unfortunately this one, among many. I read a lot. Winter's Tale is one of my favorite books. The movie is a piece of shit. Even if you recast Will Smith, it's a complete turd that 10000% fails to capture the book in any way.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (124x186, 6K)

James Franco owns the rights unfortunately. Besides it’s near unadaptable unless they did like a mini series. Has so much kino potential

Let's also post movies where the protagonist was an idiot who gets what he deserves for making poor decisions - I lived in Alaska when this book and later movie got popular and the kid was universally mocked for ignoring every rule that actual outdoorsmen know by the age of ten. People were literally angry about it because they assumed it would bring more idiot kids there to need rescuing and waste state money.

There's no way they could translate Blood Meredian to the screen in 2019. The brilliance of the novel is how unabashedly and descriptively it depicts the horrifying violence during a period that plebs believe is romantic and mystical. The other half of the theme is basically calling into question the nature of god and evil which would also have to be removed or severely dumbed down for pleb audiences.

As I understand it, Franco does not have the rights. Scott Rudin does, but it's unknown for how long. Rudin turned down Franco twice on it. Rudin has made some damned good movies (No Country For Old Men), so he may just not have liked Franco's ideas. He's also made some seriously bad movies, so who knows?

>they assumed it would bring more idiot kids there to need rescuing and waste state money.
well were they right?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (300x450, 31K)

Every Bible movie ever

I don't know, I left when the movie was in the promotion cycle running up to release. Probably not, it's pretty hard to get to Alaska for the average pleb and I would guess most people get there and realize how scary and serious the wilderness actually is. My work involved some wilderness areas and we weren't allowed to travel without a firearm with enough stopping power to put down a grizzly. The common opinion among the locals was that for new people it wouldn't matter because they'd shit themselves and stand like an idiot if a bear charged anyway.

these
and this

Attached: 61wfUmGRZzL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 69K)

Great book, shit film.

LOTR novels are tedious shite though, only created for an autist who was useless at war and had a fetish for fictional languages.

>where the protagonist was an idiot who gets what he deserves for making poor decisions
Most of which is no doubt based on the incorrect reporting by the author. Correcting the record was his motivation to write the book.

Chuck (Formerly Sneed)