Who was the best one?

Who was the best one?

Attached: 53453-800x445.jpg (800x445, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: holmes_and_watson_will_ferrell.jpg (825x464, 52K)

Livanov.
Seething anglos are STILL coping that we, Russian BVLLS, made THE best Sherlock.
An national cultural treasure such as this "stolen" by "subhuman slavs".
Shame on you all.

Attached: 741869_original.jpg (700x556, 59K)

Obviously it's Basil Rathbone and it's not even close

Never even heard of him lmao

The Russian one.

>Livanov's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes is largely considered one of the best in the world. Officially his portrayal is considered the best of non-English speaking ones. The daughter of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jean Conan Doyle once commented that her father would approve Livanov as Holmes. Reportedly, many English-speaking and otherwise foreign to Russian culture viewers were astonished by Livanov's performance, including The Sherlock Holmes Society of London and The Cingular Society of the Baker Street Dozen fandom communities.[2]

>Among other signs of recognition are:

>A New Zealand set of silver dollar coins depicts Livanov as Holmes and other actors from the soviet adaptation.
>A sculpture featuring Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson as portrayed by Vasily Livanov and Vitaly Solomin was opened on the Smolenskaya embankment alongside the Embassy of the United Kingdom in Moscow on April 27, 2007. It was sculpted by Andrey Orlov.
>Sherlock Holmes Museum at Baker Street has a photograph of Livanov as Sherlock Holmes.
>Livanov is the only Russian actor to ever receive an Honorary MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) and also the rare one to receive a membership of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London.[1]

this fellow right here

Attached: best in show.jpg (800x445, 123K)

Hugh Laurie

Attached: holmes.2019.jpg (800x450, 56K)

None of those.

Attached: 1356314739627.png (493x400, 148K)

> don't say WHY he was so fucking great
pure garbage

Attached: 233442.png (602x339, 246K)

Download and see for yourself. But you are a fucking zoomer if you never seen or at least hear of Livanov's Sherlock

Rathbone

I ain't doing shit you faggot
kys(kill your self)

surprised to see that people know about the russian kino Sherlock Holmes

Attached: 90c86f36338f2776a55cee8e2be2fbd6.jpg (800x550, 58K)

Here in Russia he's THE Sherlock. They rarely show other adaptation on tv.
I tried to watch other adaptations, but after seeing Soviet Sherlock i can't like other ones.
They just feel weird. Even if they are more faithful(i haven't read the novels so i don't know).

I must admit, I don't know anything about this Sherlock. What is it? A Russian adaptation of Sherlock, or does he play him with an English accent?

>A Russian adaptation of Sherlock
Yes. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson

>or does he play him with an English accent?
What? No. It's none of that Chernobyl shit. Made by Russians for Russians.

Wonder why they kept the name Sherlock Holmes then when it clearly isn't a Russian name.

What.
Because it's based on foreign novels? You really think that all adaptations in Russia/USSR change names?
This one actually was very faithful to the originals.
Except for:
>In the adaptation of A Study in Scarlet, Holmes never mentions that he uses cocaine since drug use was banned on Soviet television and in films. Also, the location of Watson's army service was changed from Afghanistan to "colonies in the East" since it was believed parallels would be drawn with the Soviet Army which had recently entered Afghanistan, which would in turn change the audience's perception of Watson's character.[so

Cumdumpster and Manlet Downsey Junkhead belong in the fucking trash and not within a 100 mile radius of Livanov and Brett

Henry Cavill creampieing Millie Bobby Brown.

rolling