What is the best trilogy of all time?

What is the best trilogy of all time?

Attached: best trilogies.jpg (450x323, 40K)

>mad max worse than beyond thunderdome

Mateix is wrong, back to the future is wrong, mad max is wrong

Fuck this picture

Jurassic Park, Jaws, and Mad Max aren't trilogies.

Lord of the Rings, The Before Trilogy and Bourne are as close to perfect trilogies in film.

Rian Johnson's future Star Wars trilogy

Back to the Future 3 is awful.

Beyond Thunderdome is a 50% at best, the LOTR movies are all better than the best of the other trilogies.

Why is Jurassic park so low wtf

>What is the best trilogy of all time?
Roman Polanski's apartment trilogy

Also Peter Jackson's lotr trilogy is horse shit

starwars OT is overrated

Bourne isn't a trilogy anymore sweetie.

dollars

Attached: f3123199dcc172289590f1dfc3156f85.jpg (424x591, 97K)

Legacy and Jason Bourne aren't part of that story.
There are more Xmen, Jurassic Park, Star Trek, Superman and Star Wars movies than on the image.

My statement stands, those are the only 3 good trilogies (that I've seen)

LOTR

Antonioni’s malaise trilogy, followed by Ray’s Apu trilogy followed by Leoni’s Dollars trilogy.

Star Wars is overrated but decent
Indy is overrated and not that good at all
Matrix 1 and 2 are the only good/decent one
Star Trek is garbage
Superman garbage
Xmen garbage
Spiderman garbage except 1
Max Max garbage
Jaws garbage except 1
Back to the future garbage
Jurassic Park 1 and 2 only good one
LOTR 1 and 2 only good ones

Indiana Jones 3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>

>thunderdome bad meme

Three Flavours Cornetto

stars wars has always fucking sucked

sorry but Back to the Future is 2>1=3

MoS, BvS, JL

The Transformers Shia LaBeouf trilogy.

>Jurassic Park rated that low

The fuck is the Star Trek trilogy? There are 10 movies.

It literally is, you faggot. The train chase at the end turn into a fucking loony toons cartoon with the midge and kids hitting people in the face with frying pans complete with goofy faces and comedic sound effects.

only brainlets, bandwagon hoppers, and literal retards think the matrix sequels were bad.

dilate tranny

mad max 3 is negative tier

Not him, but he's right. They get even better with each rewatch, and with animatrix in mind the whole ensemble becomes literal kino.

Alien, Prometheus, Covenant

;)

The Star Trek Trilogy was Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home. Not Th Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan, and Search for Spock.

The actual Star Trek trilogy is Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home. Not to say that The Motion Picture is a bad movie, but it's really disconnected from the ones that follow.

There's no Star Trek Trilogy. Everything after Spock's funeral is distasteful fanfiction.

>Robotech
>Robotech Masters
>Invid Invasion
Macrosslets BTFO

Then why are they sold together HUH?

Attached: bewa.jpg (1064x1500, 302K)

because the first three are substantially better than what came after. They're all pretty much standalone films, almost like James Bond, so you can watch them in any order you like.

Voyage Home is fun, Final Frontier is actually pretty interesting, and Undiscovered Country is great. Going back on killing Spock was dumb, yeah, and Search for Spock is easily the weakest of the OG movies, but that doesn't make the three that followed distasteful.

Kys

I can't fully recall but I want to say that identity and ultimatum were the best

I think LOTR is the most consistently great trilogy. All three are 9/10s. Little nitpick bullshit keeps it from perfection.

>Jaws 2 < Jaws 3

Attached: 1519610047202.jpg (126x121, 4K)

Undiscovered Country has a weak, almost JJ Abram's like plot. Why would the Klingons care about their stupid moon when they can literally warp to another colony?

>ultimatum
you spelled supremacy wrong

ultimatum started the entire ''everything is connected''-bullshit that the final movie also ran with and fell flat on its face on

You mean, why would the Empire seek peace with their most powerful enemy after suffering a huge logistical and ecological disaster at their capital world? Gee I wonder.
This has nothing to do with JJ and his "there was a supernova in another star system, how will we manage to evacuate Romulus within the next fifty thousand years?"

I never watched the later films. Just seemed like a soulless cash grab. I liked the Bourne films but they were never truly amazing to me, the direction from the trailers just seemed way counter to what I wanted

Legacy is unironically fine.

Identity > Supremacy > Legacy > Ultimatum > having AIDS > Jason Bourne

Watch Jason Borne if you enjoy movies that are so bad they're horrible in every way.

Probably the most embarassing thing about Bourne 5 is that Greengrass and Damon were openly content about having completed a solid trilogy and ''very adamant'' that they would only return to make a sequel if the script was great.

Dumb fucks, both of them.

Jaws 2 is fine tho

Attached: jaws.jpg (372x235, 12K)

This. Last Crusade is also too low.

The Klingons have a huge star empire with many inhabited worlds. Why would the loss of one planet cause a huge economic crisis? and ozone is a problem? The oxygen will be gone? Why not just replicate new ozone constantly until they layer is intact again. They pulled a J.J. when he was still in diapers.

the ending was terrible, the rest of the movie was psuedowestern kino

Man With No Name trilogy, easily.

Two 10/10s and a 9/10.

Whether its bad or not, to believe it is superior to the original film is simply wrong

Attached: zisauaohymkjq2jtoqkf.jpg (1200x630, 71K)

The problem is, besides being in orbit of Qu'nos, Praxis was also one of the Empire's chief sources of dilithium. So the Empire was thrown into political turmoil by the danger to its seat of power, combined with a disruption to their supply of the one resource that really matters in Star Trek--and the obvious fear is that the Federation will take advantage of the situation to launch an attack on the Empire, because it's exactly what the klingons would do.
Remember that, as economists like to say, economics takes place at the margins. Praxis wasn't the Empire's only source of dilithium, but it was a major one, and the Empire had expanded to use its available dilithium production.
In this situation, and keeping in mind that the Federation generally wants peace, extending the olive branch is far and away the best move.

Bruh last crusade is the best and Temple of Doom is fun but def the lesser of the three

It's pretty fucking bad. The world building and story were horrible and while the final chase looked great, it felt like a reward of thrudging through the garbage that was most of the film - which was the least it could do.

I kind of thought it was the Chis Pine movies but there's no way Into Darkness is that high.

didnt see some of these
i dont really care at all about indiana or jurasic park or star wars

Attached: Bez nazwy.png (450x323, 98K)

my only issue is Last Crusade should be higher, overall pretty accurate

Ok, this is an acceptable explanation that should have been in the movie.

>lotr
based

Attached: 1484697015069.jpg (680x498, 71K)

the colors trilogy

>legacy better than Ultimatum

gets some sleep Pam, you look tired

>Indiana Jones 3>2
>Star Trek isn't a trilogy even if it was 3 is too close to 2
>Jurassic Park 1 should be at the very top you zoomer faggots have no idea how huge it was. You could buy dinosaur tampons for years after that movie came out. I'm pretty sure there were kids born that got named Raptor.
>Xmen 3rd movie too high
>Lotr 1 > 2 > 3 but only by a tiny tiny margin

Last Crusade > Temple of Doom
Spiderman 1 = Spiderman 2
Fellowship > Two Towers & Return
Beyond Thunderdome > The Road Warrior

Well the movie is essentially about the fall of the Soviet Union, so these dynamics were probably more obvious at the time. After all, there's a similarly not-so-obvious question, how did the Wall go down nearly overnight?

Temple of Doom is clearly the weakest of the Indiana Jones movies. 3 >= 1 > 2

Attached: giphy.gif (246x202, 2.4M)

Completely disagree. The forst one is extremely memorable and universally liked while the second two just straight up suck and rely way too much on cgi fight scenes that aged terribly.

Indiana Jones is so god damn great. I rewatched Raiders and Crusade the other day and sharted my pants in excitement.

>ultimatum started the entire ''everything is connected''
Wrong. Supremacy started it. It nicely sets up Ultimatum and it brought a satisfying closure while giving Bourne a character arc. A+ trilogy.

>Also Peter Jackson's lotr trilogy is horse shit

Attached: 1523731255651.png (625x626, 16K)

Supremacy delves into a little more of Threadstone shenigans, but mostly it's a escape/ revenge story. Ultimatum and JB went all
>your dad is threadstone
>your mom is threadstone
>your girlfriend is threadstone
>threadstone was your idea lmao

It fucking sucked. Your opinion sucks.

>Matrix is wrong
how so?

Ultimatum is a continuation of Supremacy. Supremacy ends with Bourne escaping Moscow and Ultimatum continues with CIA trying to kill him in London, Tangiers, and then NYC. The only new revelation - the most poignant one - in Ultimatum is why Bourne joined Treadstone. Note that Treadstone is a program started by CIA and it certainly wasn't Bourne's idea.

Like what the other guy said..get some sleep Pam, your insomnia is showing.

You only refuted a point of obvious hyperbole. Fuck off Pam yourself.

every lord of the rings movie is better than every star wars movie.

>FotR anything but a perfect 10
opinion discarded

snoozefest

everyone has seen oldboy but i suggest also watching the other vengeance films, not a trilogy in a traditional sense per se

Attached: 487368365.jpg (1600x800, 177K)

Translation for left for those of us that don't read nip?

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

mad max 3 is 85% LOL, spiderman 1 is 50% LOL

>star wars the manchild rubbish that high
Fuck off

>Spider-man 1 and 3 being that low.
Come on, now. Get it together.

>Empire better than Star Wars or Return.

Sick of this stupid meme. Empire is dogshit without Return's redemptive ending.

plebs

Attached: 24562456.jpg (1057x1500, 430K)

I'm fluent in Japanese, the titles translate exactly "that's korean you fucking idiot"

Spiderman 1, 2 and Jurrasic Park are way too low, to the point where it actually makes me angry, both of those films are at least as good as if not better than the matrix.

It's terrible. Some of the worst films ever made

It's boring as fuck and I'll never see the appeal in it

The Antonioni trilogy is you aren't a manchild

Came here to post this. Mad Max is certified Australian kino.

lol
Could have been ok but it’s literally just vomiting for 3 movies

funny funny
why didn't you say this to OP?

i call this heavy trolling

Bullcrap.
There ya go

Attached: Trilogy.png (449x349, 117K)

you forgot to fix mad max and jurassic park 2 should be closer to 3

>Mad Max aren't trilogies.
why?

This it was the best of the 4

I literally posted these 2 post lmao

>Star Wars above Lord of the Rings
LMAO who the FUCK made this shit?

>shaky cam turned up to 11
>blue filter
>EXTRA CHROMOSOMES MADE ME A SUPER SOLDIER BUT ALSO GAVE ME DOWNS AND DADDY ISSUES

bourne is terrible, on a level with the mission impossible sequels. even modern bond is better.

nah, matrix 2 and 3 are just dumb, while 1 + animatrix is a pure kino combo.

>bumping SM3 and matrix 2/3 that much
Oof you’re either being an edgy Yea Forums contrarian or that’s gonna have to be a fucking BIG yikes from me, dawg

jaws was boring as fuck though

Homeworlds have exaggerated importance in Star Trek. The Federation has at least 150 inhabited worlds but it's always presented that if Earth falls so falls the Federation.

The Koker Trilogy
The Human Condition Trilogy
Antonioni's Three Films on Decadence and Modernity
Lord of The Rings
The Dollars Trilogy
Toy Story
Three Colours
Evil Dead
The War Trilogy
The Before Trilogy
The Musashi Films
The Godfather Trilogy (I wasn't too big on the third film because they weren't as subtle as the first two but based on how good the previous two were, it deserves a mention)

Attached: 1564406309831.jpg (440x745, 104K)

Half of these aren't trilogies

Old boy is unlike the other two, it's a neat action film whereas the other two are masochistic slogs

The third X-Men isn't THAT bad. Certainly not the worst film on that list.

ESB is not a perfect film and Jedi is too high.

>implying star wars is even close to lotr

>All those shitty trilogies that aren't trilogies

>Spider-Man garbage except 1
Take that back

Back to the Future 2 and Spider-Man 1 should both be higher

Better scenes in the sequel than the original

Fucking fag, 2 is the best capeshit ever made. Here's a (you)

Based

It’s the best one desu