/hmmm/

Why does he mmmmhhhhmmmmmmm so much?

Attached: DC_Unit_00425_R-c16c60d.jpg (620x413, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTQ5DAM9SXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bc he's always thinking, shceming, and his autism causes him to be unable to keep his feelings to himself

>subtitles say footsteps approaching
>it's actually deet clapping
stupid netflix

HMMMMMmmmm

*banishes you*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

He totally was doing it on purpose to annoy the Emperor when he died in the film, didn't he?

Deet is a sweet
Shame she isn’t real
I would have clapped her cheeks so hard it goes out her mouth

Attached: 2B3C9EE4-9EAE-474F-B37E-7F22EE1AD302.png (1200x1799, 852K)

What's that thing ?

A good boy.

Attached: 1568251210891.png (1024x731, 617K)

The Chamberlain from „The Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance” on Netflix
He does the HMMMmmmmm sound a lot
Also he is a backstabbing dickward
Also he gae

Attached: 00FF8747-6388-4524-B3AC-C59F7F4F0040.jpg (825x1050, 125K)

Don't talk shit about the Chamberlain, mang. He'll hear you.

Puppets are superior.

Attached: Chamberlain.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

this mf just used the "no u" card on scientist during the process in second episode and it actually worked

He has Asthma.

Only because Emperor really wanted to see the nerd cry.

All the scientist had to do was say "I put a locksnake on it and the motherfucker ate it and then lied about it" and he'd still have two eyes

She smells rotten

What’s he going to do? Suck my dick?
Like in that one comic as he did to Skekso

Attached: A6DAE502-2DC9-4A7C-8107-FDAB2C2704D3.jpg (769x1000, 159K)

>the motherfucker ate it and then lied about it
Yes, but does he have proof? I think not.

Reminder for all you "ironic" Skesis fuckers

Attached: 4chan quote.jpg (704x441, 49K)

I'm not the slightest bit ironic.

Attached: mmmHHHHHmmm.png (694x634, 49K)

Congrats you just outed yourself as one of the idiots.

Attached: 80s americans laughing.gif (480x228, 469K)

Previous thread for links and pics

There are no ironic skeksis fuckers

Lots of """""""ironic""""""" skeksis fuckers tho

>he doesn't want to fuck a near immortal hermaphrodite
There's only one idiot here.

Attached: skexy skeksis fanfiction.jpg (1039x229, 234K)

Hello!

Attached: 1568394377582.jpg (1914x862, 668K)

I just want them to be happy. Is that so much to ask?

Attached: s.png (845x380, 663K)

and idiot no. 2 has arrived

Attached: Iwata Puppet.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Gurjin the Brave

Attached: Gurjin.png (684x1023, 1.13M)

They’re dead dude.

I pity you. Have skeks.

Attached: 1569169462101.jpg (605x249, 49K)

more like Gurjin the Virgin

>They won't even find peace in death

It hurts.

Please refer to this in-depth explanation.

Attached: SkekSil A Summary.png (1200x1553, 2.11M)

do you guys know what the Chamberlains tax policy would be?

aight imma head out

Attached: URSKEK.png (813x811, 570K)

It's Bold Gurjin you dummy

It would be very reasonable - high enough to give the Skeksis all they want, but just low enough to keep the gelflings thriving and reproducing. With reasonable essence quotas.

The Skeksis are a pretty obvious stand in for Jews. They were good guys until a certain turning point several thousand years ago, then became increasingly deranged and inbred until their savagery became common knowledge. The draining of essence is an obvious parallel with blood libel, and their behavior of scheming and screwing over other races is meant to remind the viewer of their interactions with other nations.

Very informative

Kairos Fateweaver is animated now?

I think Rian's voice actor was one of the best. He had excellent screams of distress.

I wish Seladon got to be evil for longer. I like evil Seladon way more than corrupted Deet.

Attached: seladon.jpg (1029x679, 75K)

Are the skeks the worst invasion force of all time

How did they fuck up so badly.

I liked her a lot. Too bad the skeks didn't keep her around for a while to bring them gelflings before the inevitable mindbreak, but I guess they were high and we can't blame em for not thinking it through.

They ruled for almost a 1000 years, they did pretty well.

Her instantly being BTFO was way more entertaining and surprising.
Same with her not even fighting the Stonewood maudra. It was just weird how she still overpowered her so easily.

The scripts overall were pretty fantastic I have to say. They captures the Henson vibe perfectly. Wonder how Netflix will fuck it up in season 2. Or maybe we get lucky and they have a "Dark" like deal were Netflix only funds it and all creative desicions are made by the production company.

Attached: banana acting suck.webm (203x362, 1.44M)

They ruled unchallenged for a thousand years. The only reason they weren't even more successful was because they couldn't assimilate the population through rape

>assimilate the population through rape
What would a skelfling look like?

I hope it's a Dark situation. Also they better get Louis back to do the directing.

I feel like I really know Chamberlain as a character now.

Sad and miserable.

Skeksis reek of white colonialism.
>Technologically superior voyagers who arrive in a land populated by "primitive" tribe societies
>Bribe leaders of land with trinkets and promises of knowledge.
>Exploits the land and its creatures and feel it is their right as they are a superior species.
>Ohhhh it is the skeksi's burden to care for dirty, sad creatures of Thra
>Skeksis give so much, but ask for so little. Where would gelfliing be without skeksis? Still living in dirty caves and eating moss, yes?

Attached: 1568232649516.png (3576x3600, 1.79M)

We're not getting season 2 are we lads...

Not with current numbers and how expensive production is.

You all getter go rewatch it or put it on a replay loop.

Attached: 1563298258094.webm (480x480, 1.59M)

Be patient user, we’ll find out at the end of the month.

You just gotta have faith, user.

Attached: selflove.jpg (2000x1925, 786K)

Pretty sure we are. Show is doing well. I have no idea where anons are getting their "bad" numbers from.

that's not the War of the Worlds aliens

You mean the best thing that ever happened to the world? Yeah, sounds about right.

How many have you successfully shilled ihe show to? I got 5 of my friends hooked.

Things that are in Season 2's favor:

>Was the third most popular Netflix show behind Stranger Things and 13 Reasons Why at a certain week

>Netflix Twitter has retweeted the positive reactions of Matthew Mercer, Thomas Sanders and Jhonen Vasquez basically saying that they love the show

>Season 2 should cost less since most of the sets and puppets are already done

>With Disney + coming, Netflix may need to hold on to their popular shows to stay competitive

>Writers say that they have a Season 2 script ready to go and are waiting for the Netflix greenlight

Attached: starap.jpg (299x168, 10K)

Shilled it to my friend and my sister, but she declined. Sadly none of my friends enjoy fantasy or puppetry.

Tell that to the indians.

>>Writers say that they have a Season 2 script ready to go and are waiting for the Netflix greenlight
Yes, that is good! That means the old crew wrote it so we can expect a similar level of quality.

>none of my friends enjoy fantasy or puppetry.
What a bunch of plebs. Get new friends.

Me neither. Lads in Yea Forums were pretty optimistic about it, but Yea Forums seem to be hopeless.

I'm not Indian, why would I give a shit about them? I'm not Gelfling, why would I give a shit about them?
See how that works?

fucking pegg outdid himself lads, he either has to be a fan of the original and did the voice as a lad all the time, or he's a god tier voice actor, fucker is better than hamil real talk

fucking superb performance form both him and the puppetmaster, best shit pegg did since hot fuzz/shaun

>go rewatch it or put it on a replay loop.
Would that actually help?!

Seems more of a jewish thing. Down right to the blood rituals of using christian children to replenish their youth.

None of it matters since (((they))) will ultimately decide it's fate.

I completely agree. And here I thought Pegg's glory days were behind him and we turned into a bitter old fuck.

Because Yea Forums knows jack shit about mass media, but we do. That's why we have less hope about it because I've seen shows way more promising than AoR getting canned for no reason at all.

>but we do
That's rich.

Attached: 546687767899.png (1260x566, 642K)

I didn't realize these things are actually lifesize

who will take care of skekSo when he becomes bedridden from the darkening?

You should watch the making off documentary. It's on netflix. Very interesting.

My UK Netflix has a top 10 list on, which presumably is the most popular shows.

A week or so ago Dark Crystal was around 3rd or 4th, now it's not even in the top 10, but maybe it's because I finished the series.

I sincerely hope you guys are right and it gets renewed, this show unironically gave me hope for modern tv, but if it gets cancelled I'm gonna go back to being a bitter old cunt.

>if it gets cancelled
I'll be seething if that happens.

Attached: 1568946058214.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Is it really that expensive once you've all the puppets and shit done already?
Anyway not gonna pay for netflix. It's like 99% of thrash. But this one was at least pretty good. Story wise it's kinda basic fantasy shit, but the visuals and voice acting are mostly cool.

Were do you get from that it is doing well?
I neither see any indication it's doing bad nor that is is doing well. Number 3 means nothing in theory 1 million people could have watched the number 1 rated show, and 50k or less the number 3.
For example ony 1,500 out of 560,499 documentaries released in the US have made more than 8,000USD.

We need concreate numbers to know how many subscribers actually watched it so we can have an idea if a second season would make sense for Netflix.

Attached: open milkbar.webm (640x360, 1.75M)

same here, it's not on the front page, my netflix account is austria/germany, it probably flopped hard in EU except maybe UK, don't know the numbers in the states

Them OA nerds will have nothing on the autism I will unleash on Netflix if they cancel this show.

>not me
oh god
I'm guessing the podling slaves.

Currently I've gotten my parents, a friend and a college professor to check it out. Also made a Facebook post about it but IDK how many people that attracted.

Surprisingly, my professor became interested when I told him that the show was all puppets.

Erasing someone’s memories is almost murder. It shouldn’t get just a slap on the wrist.

>Anyway not gonna pay for netflix

I have like 15 hard drives filled with films and tv shows, but if you can I urge you to buy a subscription to netflix, they're the best thing to happen to cinema/tv shows in years, stuff like this god tier show wouldn't be possible if it weren't for them and that alone warrants a sub from me at least

Yes. Netflix only counts "engament" which is playtime similar to YouTube.
So if your account watched it 3 times they translate it to mom+dad watched it, then the son then the daugher to investors.

IMO this is better than stranger things, this is the best show netflix has right now

fucking stellar show, maybe has a bit of filler shit here and there, it could have been 8 episodes and tighter when it comes to pacing, but holy fuck is it good

Yeah it seems it pretty much flopped in Europe and Asia. And even in the US it was only popular for a week.

I thought it was going to be hot garbage. Deet charmed me

The Skeksis are the most interesting villains since forever. It's out fault the enitre capeshit verse can't shit out something better.

Attached: 1567737597769.jpg (1280x576, 175K)

It's on the front page and popular section in my country (denmark). I'm assuming it's doing well, because apart from a lot of online buzz and fan content being produced + raving reviews and praise from fans, I've also begun hearing people irl talk about it.

>virgin

Attached: Gurjin.png (1914x2402, 3.33M)

Same. I like this show but I won't subscribe just for this when everything else is shit.
Name 3 good shows besides Dark Crystal, Dark and Narcos.
Netflix is fucking trash and you know it.

what's the name of that chinese puppet show that was recommend I was busy finishing dark crystal and wanted to see more puppet kino

>my professor became interested when I told him that the show was all puppets.
Same for some of my friends. They thought the movie was boring, but liked the puppets, and only wanted to watch show if it was still puppets.

The German dub isn't even as bad as I thought it would be. And the old comic spiked in price since the shows release. It originally cost 5DM and now goes for 20€.

Don't lie.

Did you mean Thunderbolt Fantasy?

>listening to the fucking dub and missing out on pegg, isaacs and hamil
>listening to the fucking dub of any form of cinema

hans what the fuck are you doing

>Surprisingly, my professor became interested when I told him that the show was all puppets.
Well not surprising since it's a total novelty in 2019.
The only reason I have hope for Gremlins 3 is because it won't be all CGI.

They were welcomed guests.

Attached: Urskek origins.jpg (1214x1280, 422K)

>Implying I didn't watch it in English and then rewatched in German
DeShawn pls

That's the one. Thanks user.

Attached: 1568418708675.jpg (611x839, 118K)

>Were do you get from that it is doing well?
Have you ever heard the term "reading the mood"?

Are the comics/books worth reading? I just watched the movie and the series and I'm craving more content

The fuck is Raunip? And us this comic canon? Like did Henson greenlight it? Or did it come way after his death

>lies
Literally just checked and it's there. Semi-related, but in my drawing class (I tutor teenagers) one of the kids was drawing skeks.

>feeling above facts
Oh you are one of those people.

Creation myths are ok but don't waste your time with sequels. They're awful.

Gurjin the Based

We have no facts yet.

what is the best real world equivalent to the skeksis bros? the kikes, the communist party, the illuminati, the republicans?

Then don't caim that
> Show is doing well.

Attached: orange.webm (640x792, 1.07M)

Uhhh no

Every indicator is showing well and there's a high chance of a greenlit according to reviews and Netflix' attention towards the show. Why should there be otherwise? Go be a bitter cunt somewhere else.

Everything bad you can think of. Skeks are such great villains they can be seen as stand-ins for any rl 'evil' depending on the watcher-

Attached: Hope!.jpg (986x535, 83K)

Oh those fucking liars, kek

Aughra's son. It's complicated, he's a little shit. Not sure if the comics are still fully canon. Henson left some story outlines but I wouldn't say any of the comics are directly his vision.

Yes we have.

Attached: 3522475.png (802x150, 15K)

should i watch this if im over 10?

God no

Not that user, but the show is certainly doing well in terms of reviews and fan reactions. Claiming it is a flop and unlikely to be renewed is going on 'feeling' as much as anything else.

That was Taron Egerton. Apparently he's a huge fucking dork for Jim Henson kino.

Attached: egerton.jpg (2000x3000, 908K)

Yes.

>literally 8.8
They should have went with the CGI.

Attached: CGI Gelfling.png (1678x834, 1.43M)

Most of the comics are entirely based of Lisa Henson's accounts with Jim.

I didn't claim that I wrote I don't see any indication of success nor it being a flop.
And while critical acclaim is nice you know very well it's not the deciding factor.

to annoy the others

Attached: [email protected] (420x420, 76K)

thanks. youve given me a lot to think about

The CGI shots really showed how stiff the Gelfling puppets are.
Hand puppets are a mistake they should all be full body like the Skeksis.

Well that's your thing. not gonna go around saying that lol no you shouldn't pay for that shit or whatever.
It just isn't worth it to me.

Actually tried to "shill" the show to someone with netflix subscription, because why not if already paying for the shit. No interest whatsoever.

A real adult like you? Nah.

Attached: Uh no.gif (444x400, 3.6M)

If you can handle brutal scenes such as cute elfs being SUCCED then yes.

Yeah because Netflix execs decide whether it gets greenlit or not in a Fear Factor challenge.

> Fear Factor challenge
I have no idea what you are talking about.

The only reason we didn't get the CGI was because one suit went full mortal kombat on the others and insisted on puppets.

>And while critical acclaim is nice you know very well it's not the deciding factor.
This isn't Disney, Netflix actually cares about viewer reactions.

How profound.

Attached: 555.gif (300x225, 477K)

Doesn't even look like a gelfling anymore, just some generic Pixar/Disney fairy.

It would be just another animated show with CGI and completely lost it's charm. I'm glad they stayed with puppets like in the original movie. At least it feels like a sequel.

And like every commercial enterprise in the entertainment business first and formost they care about views period.

>At least it feels like a sequel
Meant prequel, but you get the point.

>Lisa Henson's accounts
Yeah, so outlines and he never edited his ideas or made any changes when thing didn't work. You can't tell me that atrocious sequel comic bullshit was Jim's idea. He would have changed the things that make no sense.

It would looks like this if it was made for Disney+

>normies are comparing dark crystal age of resistance to game of thrones

I'll take whatever if it gibs me season 2

Attached: 1501205501841.png (778x512, 45K)

The urskeks are freaky as fuck

He literally drank his own poison. Hard to feel bad for the guy.

He's right though. The collapse of distribution combined with the ever rising ceiling has made it so that anything and everything that's not a 100+ mil capeshit designed to buy your allegiance for the next five, it's going to be on Netflix.

The problem with prequels is we know how it will all play out. And in this case it means for Gelflings all hope is lost and they are about to be extinct.
Unless Netflix retcons the movie or goes the cop out - they were hidden in Grotta route which both would be lame as fuck.

Wot a buncha jokas

IIRC Brea says he'll recover his memories back in time

Attached: caitlyn-jenner.jpg (1200x800, 97K)

Well he tried to do it to her and it was played as a joke so maybe it's not even permanent unlike your hairloss.

they look like i expected the Xel Naga to look like in Starcraft.

Instead we got overgrown squids. Fuck blizzard.

Their designs make zero fucking sense honestly, they don't even barely resemble the Skeksis or the Mystics

Name 3 good shows not on Netflix. Hard mode - no hbo.

What I don't understand is why do we always have a dedicated autist in these threads who entirely convinces himself and completely refuses anything about that we're not getting a second season?

Attached: ac49e62130e0d23208ee034e60419e7a.jpg (500x499, 21K)

>It's like Game of Thrones, but with puppets!

Is everything "dark" with a medieval fantasy setting GOT now?

Attached: 132376652014.jpg (398x326, 56K)

Not really since every major studio is starting their own streaming service next year.

>You can't tell me that atrocious sequel comic bullshit was Jim's idea. He would have changed the things that make no sense.
It was a cropped sequel plot that is adaptated into a comic which was entirely a Genndy Tartakovsky fanfiction. It's not canon.

Game of Thrones is basically becoming the tv version of Dark Souls at this point

"This show is like Game of Thrones but X!"

"This game is the Dark Souls of Y!"

Attached: 1 wonderful.png (787x562, 412K)

>we do
Uh.... no

i love jews now

>normies are comparing dark crystal age of resistance to game of thrones
It means it's getting a popularity amongst normies. Getting compared with GoT is a good thing.

You're forgetting that the comic industry is twice as jewish as television and movies, and more likely to kill or gut a good series because execs and producers had a bad day.

So you can't figured as much.
Fargo, Jerks, 4 Blocks.

Other good high fantasy like TDC?

Attached: HCS-MuppetsMostWanted.webm (720x400, 2.87M)

I seriously hope it gets renewed. This is the first show in a long time where I actually give a shit. I need more cute skeksis action in my life.

since we're on the subject of dark souls, the fucking game for the show looks like fucking ASSS, imagine a game that's BOTW-like but in the world of Dark Crystal with all the boss battles, every single skeksis but a different boss gimmick and a way to defeat

Try Carnival Row and Thunderbolt Fantasy.

Maniac, bojack, mindhunter, untitled 80s horror loveletter which this board is psunddery for or however that word is spelled, house of cards, Ozark & any given non-Netflix owned shows you happen to like which are available at the time off my head.

Do I win a prize now?

the game looks ok for a tactics rip off.

It WILL get renewed. Don't listen the salty assholes in this thread as they don't want to cling to hopes.

Yeah definitely and a year or two from now Apple'll be eating them alive. It's like the early 00s all over again when Sony et all ran cardboard servers to sell you an mp3 album for 20 bucks and still get a rootkit.

It's a tactics board game, not a RPG.

Raunip is aughra's 'son's, he plays the satan archetype opposite her god archetype. In the comics he's more or less the reason the urskeks got the idea to remove their evil sides.
He's not evil, but he is the classical trickster and tempter.

My bad I'm not that user from before I just mean the glut of garbage isn't really just a thing with them.

Half their shows I swear were adapted from scripts intended to be films. Stranger Things comes to mind.

What's strange is, none of the comics really mention what happened to Raunip's fate after he left to find the lost shard.

I think the size of the gelfling pose a problem though, since they are smaller than humans.

what does that have to do with wanting to fuck them?
>muh capeshit!
oh, you're retarded

that scene was so great. She just keeps going and going, basically giving them whatever they want but they absolutely are done playing with the gelfling. Gelfling genocide when?

>I need more cute skeksis action in my life

AYE

Attached: 49285.png (666x616, 661K)

Look at his cute lil tail!

Attached: SkekTek slow slide into death.gif (250x102, 1.03M)

I'm looking forward to seeing Hup become the true hero of the show.

Attached: Hup-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 72K)

>implying Hup wouldn't be incinerated by darth deet officially making her a villain

>The Skeksis were animated the same way that Big Bird is.
I don’t know why this surprised me as much as it did. It seems incredibly obvious with hindsight.

Boy or girl?
I'm deeply disturbed by how many young women want to fuck the skeks.

>“Scientist has no proof! Covering his back like always, yeeeesssss?”
Simple

The great thing about them is that they're absolutely evil- there's a little bit of villainy in everyone, so they could represent anyone.

Wouldn't mind deet being the main villain for a episode or two. cliche as fuck but skeksis having to acknowledge her as their empress could have some fun stuff to be done with.

Calling it now that he's the reason why skekNa has a hook hand.

>that one episode of Skeksis and Gelfling short alliance to stop Dark Empress Deet

kino

>you will never join Scroll Keeper's book club

Attached: 5f60eca01a1553ba12d1a9cfd30fa057.jpg (1347x960, 281K)

delet

Attached: 862.png (166x168, 67K)

It won't happen but I'd fucking nut if it did. There is no better trope in all of existence than "hero and villain team up for a short time then go their separate ways with a newfound respect for each other".

I always wonder why each skeksis were given their title. I was hoping that they would explore more of that in the show. Maybe have the Scroll Keeper recite a book by memory when given command.

Genuinely soulless.
I would take puppets over this any day.

Who prescribed and made his glasses? Do the skeksis have an optometrist?

If ever happens I'm sure the Chamberlain would play a big role for making both side see the bigger threat.

Gelflings probably.

vol 2 fucks up the urskek split and it goes against the moral of their story

which skeksis would you take as a prom date? I claim Skekso

Attached: tumblr_py7ivubhne1r7iq3xo1_1280.jpg (1280x713, 386K)

That image is so cringe it loops all the way back and becomes ultra based.

what did they fuck up about the split? i don't remember how it was explained in the movie. been too long time.

A boy. No weird fuckery (I think) he just thinks they're cool and wants to learn how to draw scary looking stuff.

SkekTek because I feel bad for the nerd.

based

Attached: 1.jpg (798x660, 70K)

When I was a kid I always drew film monsters because they were coolest. Although saying that, I am in a vulturefucker thread on Yea Forums now....Hmm.

SkekSil is mine

Attached: hmmMMm.png (522x402, 131K)

What is really cool to you as a kid, often becomes a fetish later in life.

If the scientist can make a high tech replacement eye, he can probably make glasses.

I wonder if the podling puppets were specially designed to be able to do this or if they were just fucking around one day and decided this looks cool

Why does one need to wash podlings anyway?

Only the most intelligent do it themselves.

We claiming skeksis husbands now? I claim skekOk

Attached: 1568844103981.png (740x279, 202K)

Why does my heart bleed for this lil nigga, bros?

Attached: hup sad.png (1280x720, 609K)

I loved slasher, monster and horror movies as a kid, would draw many monsters and blood/injuries, just thought it was cool. Now I'm both a monsterfucker and gore fetishist.

All he wanted to do was do good ;_:

You don't because it wasn't explained in the movie. Split is revealed in comics (eventually Raunip sings a song about UrSkeks which causes disrupt during the conjunction and completely screws the ritual).

>that close up shot of Hup looking at Rian and Deet's hands

I fucking hate Raunip so much you guys holy fuck. Now I understand why Christfags hate Satan so much, he just had to be that asshole who fucked up a good thing.

The bloody UrSkeks were leaving too, before Raunip ruined it all.

Attached: heretic.jpg (3609x4096, 1.01M)

>that scene with Hup singing in the prison cell

>that scene when Deet kisses Hup on the cheek

How much tiddy does this show have in comparison to farscape?

This is critical information.

MMhhmmmmmmmmmm Mhmmm

Do you sleep?

My friend you are in luck!

Attached: A naked Skek.jpg (860x708, 95K)

Attached: source.gif (350x156, 2.58M)

there's a bath scene

Okay thanks. went with thinking that maybe it was in the movie differently and didn't remember.

>bath scene
that was pretty hot

Full frontal nudity.

how do I get a body like this?

Attached: capture.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

>that scene Hup sees Rian and Deet eyeballing each other and realizes it's over for him

youtube.com/watch?v=TTQ5DAM9SXA

Don't work out for a thousand trine.

Watching this makes me hate Rian so much.

Attached: 1508984393008.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

the urskek split because they used the crystal to purge their evil aspects (the reason they were banished to thra by their species)
the comic makes it so that they're using the crystal to go home but one gets pissed off so they all split
it ruins the message of working on yourself and there being no shortcuts

Carbs

Attached: hunters and friends.png (1020x1020, 632K)

kek

>Protects Deet despite loving Rian
>Mocks sandnigger
>Uses himself as a weapon against Arathim
>Gets into a barfight and demolishes 3 Gelfling
>Defies Gelfling captors

I love that Hup could've easily been a stupid, cutesy comic relief character, but he's actually super competent and heroic.

>the comments

brutal for hupposters

Attached: Capture.png (1212x792, 111K)

Has any character ever outwitted skekSil? He only gets btfo when he gets physically abused or ignored.

I think it seemed more like one couldn't make himself better so to speak so everyone had to suffer for it.

>how to train your skeksis

Yeah but Raunip pushed him until he lost it.

now im interested. got any pics?

>Netflix
Is this why so many Dark Crystal threads are up lately? Fucking millenial plebs.

>prequel comic writers didn't understand the movie and botched the execution
yes, I agree

>it has been many a trine since anyone has seen the peeper beetle.
Thay pretty much confirms skekna was peep'd

it's because there's a new show, but keep reeing about muh millenials (you probably are one, retard)

Ffs user it wasn’t descartes that said that.

pure crystal diet

Attached: SUCCED.jpg (981x479, 191K)

Skeksil is a jobber in the movie, but Jen and Kira didn't really outwit him as much as they just said 'no, fuck you' and ran away.

Unrelated, but in that same scene where he goes "PLEASE MAKE PEACE" used to scare me so bad I would fast-forward it as a kid.

Well let's just agree that raunip wasn't a good creature. Maybe he's intentions were good but in the end it was the end and nobody remembers him. not even the tv show writers.

Attached: 87085b0f899d6ac351cc092b81e52fc8.png (1210x666, 540K)

Attached: know your place.png (400x385, 256K)

Is this worth getting netflix for

>seething over millenial or Netflix disparagement

One of the best shows I've watched in the past 10 years. I want it to have a second season, so I'm going to say yes.

>not even the tv show writers
They namedropped him in the show and hinted in an interview that he may appear in future episodes.

Then missed it. And i don't watch interviews anyway.

>>he's intentions were good
>hates illegal immigrants even though he is also one himself
>doesn't like how they help shape the society from being savages even though raunip never cared for the gelflings in the first place
>convinces (with help) a gelfling who witness an autist sing his screeching song
>harasses that one autist to be evil making the crystal reject the Urseks and punishing them all because of it

that's pretty much the only way to beat him is to just stonewall him.

In what ep was Raunip namedropped?

Granted, you have to be a retarded gelfling to trust anything coming out of this guy. SkeVar is excused, as they are both skeks.

Attached: 587989890980.jpg (1190x1499, 295K)

Nah, SkekVar should've known better. He got what was coming to him.

Ep 6 I think, Raunip's Pass is mentioned as the setting for Trial by Air.

i'm calling you a retard because you're a retard, i'm not defending millennials or netflix

Poor old naive skekVar.

Attached: CUTE.jpg (912x821, 134K)

That's the joke.

SkekVar was a good and loyal boy, even to trash backstabber rats like SkekSil.

Implying any of that is a bad thing

Attached: C8CB26AF-C3AD-4911-A13D-4D9A04516B33.png (856x2031, 1.57M)

>Podzoned

I still can't believe they included that scene, hilarious.

Is this show worth watching?
What other series would you guys say is equal in quality/entertainment value, so I have a frame of reference?

Skekvar was literally to pure for that world

Yes it is.

It’s mainly comparable to LOTR in terms of quality.

Yes. 80's dark fantasy with modern puppetry and effects. Don't really know what I would compare it to. You should know after the first or second ep if it's for you.

Attached: 65787978979.png (1200x857, 820K)

Kek

It's really hard to give a frame of reference for this, it's pretty unique. Er...It always reminds me of the film Legend, but with a better defined world and characters. It's a dark fantasy that does not skim on the dark.

I would agree, but with a darker tone and no humans.

Attached: MV5BYTAxZmQ4YzktNTI3Yi00MjgzLTg0YzMtODdmMWVmODUzNjJmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1 (1931x2936, 1.4M)

>LOTR in terms of quality.
I mean if you never seen LOTR, then yes.

Skekvar is a big skeksis dog. Loyal, stupid and impatient

That early test looks almost like Mira, and her holding the essence makes me think originally Rian got essence'd and Mira was the one who escaped.

It would have been a complete disaster

Burgeoning gurjin, the hymen surgeon

No wonder SkekSo liked him. Now I feel even worse.

Attached: good boy.jpg (480x447, 22K)

Absolutely.

I hadn't seen the movie until shortly before the series aired, so I had no nostalgia for the material or anything. Movie is kino. Think of when you first saw Avatar in theatres and the immersion of that world, except with OT Star Wars story vibes and a twinge of a horror vibe.

The show follows that, but has a distinctly more LOTR/Pan's Labyrinth feeling and atmosphere and has more characters which are more fleshed out and has a stronger horror vibe.

Personally, I don't think there's a good 1:1 comparison because it really stands out as its own beast and accomplishment.

there

Attached: the good boy.jpg (480x447, 97K)

Perfect.

You won't do shit incel

Is the show easy to get into, and consistently watchable?
I don't feel like investing time in a show that gets watchable after a few episodes, and is inconsistent in quality of it's episodes, like Better Call Saul

Hello!

Must they show her ass in every panel she is in?

It's a prequel to the movie, no need to have watched it. Easy to get into if you're not a pleb and scared off by puppets. Just watch and decide for yourself.

It's 10 straight hours of kino

It's boring. The fight scenes are awkward and stupid. And they keep bobbing up and down when they walk.

girls maybe never date dogs but you just know

Not a real Crystal thread if this lazy pasta doesn't show up.

It's pretty easy to pick up. If you like fantasy should be no problem. No filler either really, each episode is pure plot progression.

>those cute useless extra arms

Very easy to get in to. The show's lowest point is the first half of the first episode because it may start to feel like they're just building up a bunch of fantasy cliches. But that's because they're deliberately throwing you off. The episode takes a left turn in to nightmare alley and from there the show is one giant snowball of kino.

Now that's a product for kids.

>cute
Sure user.

Attached: 1568233665065.png (2036x1018, 2.15M)

I want to make Hup fly!

>he died knowing SkekSo senpai was dissapointed in him

Attached: 8ce.jpg (680x698, 37K)

So that's what the carapace-like structures are for, concealing and carrying their withered second pair of arms. Neat!

It's the best thing I've ever watched on netflix by a long shot.

Yes. Have you used the free trial?

Why do you hurt me, user?

This. In fact, this may be the best thing I've seen on any platform in years. It's breathtaking at an artistic level, but it's also a really engaging story and has great characters and a multilayered story.

I've been finished the series for about a week and a half and I can't stop thinking about it. Like a crack addict, I need more episodes.

Alright, I'll give the show a try tomorrow. Thanks for your recommendations, friends

I'm sorry
It hurts me too ;-;

:(

>Stands up to SkekMal without a second's hesitation
I'm honestly not half the man Hup is.

Attached: based hup.gif (400x251, 2.73M)

>I can't stop thinking about it
Yesterday, my friend who I watched it with two weeks ago turned to me out of the blue and said the same.

It leaves an impression, that's for sure.