Describe his directing in one word

Describe his directing in one word

Attached: jjsup8bts.jpg (480x320, 115K)

basic

Tracing

pretentious. most art is pretentious.

unknown

Of all the words at your disposal you picked pretentious?

pewpew explosions lensflare
mystery box!!!
>I'm a genius

Jewish

FLARE

hack

it's such a sad, boring life to be turned off by anything with the slightest hint of self-awareness that it's trying to say something important. You're just shutting yourself off to the vast majority of good art because you can't get over your own insecurities and imposter complex.

predictable

sub-Spielbergian

hackery

Glib

Vain

Jewish

Tryhard.

I loved the Star Trek behind the scenes footage where he was slapping the camera like a mad man to make it look like the ship was shaking.

More honest work there than literally any MCU director has done

reddit

Attached: spam.jpg (400x500, 24K)

Trying to imitate Spielberg framing and moving of the camera but lacking the talent to do it.

Directive

Best movie was Super 8.

Imitation

This. With Super 8, he took something that inspired him and gave him the passion to make movies and made a semi-original, fun movie using that inspiration. With basically everything else he has done, he just got the keys to work within the franchises that inspired him and he came up with tepid dog shit.
I don't understand how people shit on Super 8. It is fun, funny, and has heart.

Came to post this.

JJ = Vodka

for comparison:

Spielberg = Gin
Shyamalan = fine Wine that oxidized
Tarantino = good Whiskey

Corporate

this picture tells me everything I need to know, what an absolute faggot.

but vodka is usually good

JJ = american beer

Utilitarian.

cringe

Attached: movie-directors-were-culinary-chefs-cheekylicious-14-5948d72d4cd47__700.jpg (700x475, 80K)

>good
It's just pure alchocol with a hint of taste from what it was made from, if we're talking good quality vodka. The cheap stuff is like nail remover.
Still doesn't really change there is almost no taste, and that in the long run it will ruin whatever user it encounters.

Shit

YUCK! Shrimp

The neutral taste makes it god tier to mix. Fuck off you non-alcie, you don't know shit.

Chosen

>doesn't know about everclear
>doesn't know about pure grain alc
>probably drinks smirnoff
>probably thinks smirnoff is god tier

jeffrey is a mimic spielberg

Attached: imitate.jpg (1158x980, 316K)

>buying shit vodka

Embarassing desu

Nigger.

Obedient.

This.