Bureaucracy is cancer WOAAA

Why is this movie supposed to be good? It's just boring and depressing. What's fun in watching a miserable man being miserable for 2 hours and then die, but hey, he built a fucking playground.

Attached: ikiru-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg (1200x675, 109K)

do you watch movie exclusively for fun?

have you considered this is for Asians only. You're too white to understand this

Correct but why are white people pretending this is good. Kurosawa movies generally suck, I don't think he was ever a good director but it's not PC to say it. I like 7 Samurai but I can see it wasn't very well made. It's too long and boring at parts. A more talented director could have made something better out of that story.

Fine, I'll bite
Why is this movie supposed to be good you ask? Because it is a moving and solemn tribute to moral strength and to human dignity, which still shines through the lucid desperation of a man sentenced to death and allows all of us to overcome the grim desolation of life in an uncaring and monstrous society.
Bureaucracy seems to win in the end. The example set by the old man appears pointless as his coworkers go back to the old manners like nothing ever happened. However, the children who enjoy the park seem to imply that there was still a win, that his life was not pointless after all. He couldn't change the cold nature of bureaucracy but did make a difference in the lives of ordinary people.
The answer to the search of a purpose in life is the realization that the most noble purpose lies in our everyday humble lives.

Saying Kurosawa was bad isn’t non-PC, it’s retarded.

The problem in this movie is that it seemed his cancer wasn't really a bad thing considering the miserable life he was living, it was actually a blessing. But then you only watch a man lamenting about himself until he dies. even his little project seemed really pointless. This movie doesn't convey any sort of hope or moral lesson. It's just hey look at this dude, don't be him.

>seven samurai
>wasn’t well made
Do you have a short attention span?

It's not about political correction, it's just about IQ.

I disagree.
Him discovering he was done for was a wake up call. As you said it was a blessing, but not in the sense that it freed him from his misery. Instead it shook him from his numbness, and drove him towards the search of a purpose in life.
Him lamenting his condition is pivotal to the movie as much as him fighting with all the strenght he could master to make a difference for once, even the smallest one, to get one little win out of his life.
You say it does not convey any sort of hope of moral lesson, but I couldn't disagree more on that, and I am sorry that you didn't feel it.

LOL yeah, you know high IQ like Rian Johnson? He's the typical buffon who praises any artsy crap that wins an Oscar or whatever prize. But go ahead explain why do you need high IQ to appreciate such a basic movie.

>Do you have a short attention span?
No, but a +3hours movie is long and honestly it takes a lot of time to start, the exposition was neverending. But I guess it was a different time and people went to the theater once in their life, and they were accustomed to theater plays which are long. But today, it's a flaw.

His little playgrund didn't feel earned and that's the main problem. What did it cost him? He just knocked on some doors and annoyed people until they gave him that stupid park. That's not realistic or convincing. If you want to denounce bureacracy you have to address why it doesn't move, it's not because people are lazy or numb, it's just practically impossible, it's a system. a person poking a stick in the system doesn't get rewarded, he gets fired. As simple as that.

what are you favorite movies?

the point of the movie is not to denounce bureaucracy tho

You know how I know you have a very low IQ? When discussing Kurosawa, unprompted, your mind instantly went to Rian fucking Johnson then tried to make a retarded point with his example. Holy fuck.

how big or not is your vocabulary. 'i could tell X was Not Good and it was long in parts.' the captcha bot could have this opinion

I thought for a moment that it was a chapele with parody about chinks at op picture

To be fair I think Johnson was trying to go for a rashomon-esque story with his luke/kylo story

>To be fair I think Johnson was trying to go for a rashomon-esque story with his luke/kylo story
Exactly. Those ridiculous dream sequences. Rian would immediately tell you Rashomon is a masterpiece because that's what a pretentious hipster would say. Of all Kurosawa movies this is probably one of the worst as I couldn't get past 30 minutes. Kuro is a bad director he's no match to Kaneto Shindo. And Three Outlaw Samurai, despite being inspired by 7 Samurai, is actually a better movie.

Rashomon is great though. It doesn't suddenly become bad because a hack failed to rip it off

I didn't like it, it was boring and too slow to start and I don't like Toshiro Mifune, hiss acting is way too dramatic and he was the worst character in 7 samurai

So is this all you have to say? Slow and boring? I don't want to be the guy to call you a brainlet but you seem to have a pretty low attention span. Why even try to engage with movies like Ikiru if you are this easily bored? No wonder you consistently miss the point

>What's fun in watching a miserable man being miserable for 2 hours and then die

So this why some movies usually have alternate endings for just American audience

No I can watch slow paced movies but I don't like movies where nothing happens for a long time. A movie must have a plot that is always moving forward, even at slow pace. But when you're watching stuff and wondering, when is anything is going to happen, you're not thinking you're just watching boring images.

It should be a good movie for americans. It's basically about a collectivist insect developing a conscious and doing something constructive on his own.

you /int/faggots are so fucking smug. absolutely insufferable.

wat. it's critically acclaimed. Everyone likes it. I gain no points from liking a movie everyone likes. You probably haven't watched a lot of asian films if it's your first time watching this. Watch more foreign films, then rewatch this in a couple years, you will appreciate it more.

You guys only know Kurosawa and weren't curious enough to look for the good directors by yourselves

>this level of asshurt from a wh*toid
>trying to not sound racist by saying you like Seven Samurai
COPE

you're such a fucking brainlet. Rashomon has one of the greatest plots o all time.

The truth is, you give me the creeps, user.

>You probably haven't watched a lot of asian films if it's your first time watching this.
not OP.
>Watch more foreign films, then rewatch this in a couple years, you will appreciate it more.
that makes no fucking sense. you're condescension makes it worse.

Who's the smug one now, acting like you have some secret knowledge on jap films. Do you have something to prove?

I'm not condescending. Everything in this world is an acquired taste. You have to expose yourself over time to begin to understand new things. It's not just taste in films, it's literally everything. If you don't like something, do more of it. You just lack the understanding, and it narrows your mind. I won't believe otherwise unless you objectively prove what is wrong with this film. All of your criticism so far has been insubstantial.

>My movies need to be fun! and entertaining! If it doesn't movie my dopamine reactors then it's a bad movie!

>stop being so smug!!!
>heh! too lazy to look for actual good directors huh
I hate hypocrites like you

I work for Huawei and this film made me feel really upset. The company is exactly like his.

Life is short
Fall in love maiden

I'm not the same user you stupid

why do you still think I'm OP despite me explicitly stating the contrary?
I like Kurosawa. Ikiru is not as exotic as you seem to think it is. Watching other slant-eyed movies isn't magically going to increase your appreciation of it.

Why don't you build a park then?

too busy working 80 hour weeks so i don't get fired. They are about bum on seat.