Would anyone even watch this show if it existed? Seems like it would be really boring

Would anyone even watch this show if it existed? Seems like it would be really boring

Attached: 8C2EFE0B-5DF0-4FD1-880C-69929D033F2C.jpg (1685x2500, 1.59M)

TV is inherently boring

It'd live or die based on how entertaining the main character is, honestly.

With a cast and crew writing scripts and getting Truman into interesting situations constantly, I can imagine it maintaining a decent audience.

Billions of people watch modern reality TV, TV that is both more invasive and yet considerably more boring than anything seen in The Truman Show
What do you think?

If instead of Jim Carrey there was a woman with giant breasts it would be very popular.

When they launched Big Brother years ago they had one channel that showed 24 hours of what's happening in the house and then at the evening they had 1 hour in primetime with the most interesting things. I imagine it would be something like that and 99% of people would just be watching the recap.

But those people are selected for their personalities and also know they are on tv so they ham up the storylines to become more famous

That's pretty much how I know my life isn't being televised.

Those people understand that they are being filmed and broadcasted to the world. Truman does not.

What if his adopted parents raised him to act like a performer casually? I mean he came up with a catchphrase all on his own.

Even when you combine all reality shows for one season you probably cannot fill the air time of one month of Truman Show Channel
24x31=744 hours
A season of one reality show is 12 hours

>woman with giant breasts
are you underage

Truman.Show.FULL.COMPLETE.
EPISODES (1080p)

What would the size be

Are you a faggot?

when will people realize that big breasts are for babies?

Attached: 1514559070818.png (760x760, 226K)

About three fiddy

If it's a woman the show will hit the wall a lot earlier

There are plenty of people watching shit like Terrace House right now, so...

This is because real reality show skips the boring hours of a man's life and edits a season (a year actually) of his life into 12 hours (9 hours actually)

Truman Show even air when he is driving

>those people in asia who only get to see truman sleeping because of time zones

If I ran Truman Show I would decouple sunrise and sunset in the studio from the real time and match Truman's office hours with the prime time. So people don't have to follow the show while they are at work

they watch Weihan Show, it's like a hong kong action movie and they replace the Weihan every day when they inevitably kill him

Weird isn't it? Because we actually see Asian people watching the show live.

>it's a Truman gets a single ticket for Joker episode
i'd watch

Why didn't they set Truman in a slightly different time zone so American audience don't have to watch it during their own working hours

Have you ever heard of reality TV shows?

I often worry that I’m living this movie.

>Truman lives a sheltered life because in his world the capeshits take over never happened and he always only watches timeless classics

>With a cast and crew writing scripts and getting Truman into interesting situations constantly,
I would do the opposite.
People watch this show for a comfy slice of life feeling. They are passive watchers. Probably multitasking on something else and just running the show as a background noise.
So if I were Chris I would keep it quiet and reduce the dialogue and the dramas and turn down the volume.

In my view Chris and his writers are dumb. They followed the format of traditional tv show when this show is actually a YouTube channel of surveillance camera.

Writers will put Truman into interesting situations to keep the viewers hooked

>dat arc where the neighbor's underage daughter teases Truman

Attached: 1535284673717.png (646x595, 323K)

And maybe we don't cast Jim Carrey or we let him act in a different style. Give him as few dialogues as possible. Just let him do his things quietly but full of grace. No nosepicking or mimicking anything else.

Do they make special shows and movies for Truman to watch ?

think of all the people glued to peoples menial and lifeless live streams RIGHT NOW

How do you know they didn't

Nah. There's an all access pass where you can watch him and there's a highlight of the week's episode just like a soap

Daytime tv for moms and old people who have seen “that sweet Truman boy” grow up. Highlights show in the evening and his nightlife shenanigans are probably interesting too

>With a cast and crew writing scripts and getting Truman into interesting situations constantly, I can imagine it maintaining a decent audience.

This show would be awful and pointless. If the director is coercing the events around Truman it's not natural, it's just one unaware amateur actor playing out a scene with professionals. And the setting is a bloodless boring upper middle class island. It's just years of watching Truman wake up go to work come on go to bed, repeat.

The only way to make this show interesting would be to have 100 unknowing Trumans shoved together in a town and let events play out naturally.

I actually thought about it. It seems the Japanese are watching it from a different time zone and Americans are in the same time zone. So when Truman was asleep the bathtub guy was asleep and the Starbucks people weren't watching.
when I see this post I realized how stupid I am

Now I understand the time zone thing. They put Truman in the same time zone so Americans don't have to watch him sleeping.

I dunno about eveywhere else, but in Oz you could go online and choose from like 30 different cameras 24/7

now yuo see

Attached: tyo.jpg (1200x800, 29K)

I think they tried to show it reached a lot of demographics

>two working class guys
>the jap family
>turkish bath guy
>the lesbian grandmas
>in a bar, with people betting like a sporting event

Attached: 6F57F828-75CE-4732-89AF-3D377182F9B0.png (1624x947, 2.57M)

It would be no worse than capeshit or garbage reality shows at the moment and tonnes of people watch those things

...they were the poor widowed twin sisters old ladies...not lesbians...
...they were based on the real poor widowed twin sister old ladies...

dude, maybe i'm high but if they made Truman a 'fake' celebrity in movies and shit in his show world so he lived as a celeb (while he's actually a real celebrity in the other world too, but because of the show he doesn't know about) would be kino as fuck

i liked this movie and jim carrey. but he did something bad for the death of her ex girlfriend. i think i watched almost all his movies, and as a south korean i don't have a reason to hate him personally because he spoke korean on yesman, but i don't watch his movies anymore. he's mentally unstable and i think he'd better retire.

What the hell are you on about?

They can make a special guest arrangement.
>Are you...
>Yes that's me Michael Jackson
>sorry I didn't recognize you but here they only show your stuff before you grew up.

I think he's referring to the time Jim Carrey gave his gf herpes then called her a whore and bullied her to suicide

Your right. They already do. Man vs game played a batman title for 3 days straight and people watched.

Maybe they influenced his life at key stages to make sure he turned out as normal as possible

>oh he’s started posting on incel forums quick get him a gf

his ex girlfriend*
jim carrey can no longer represent hollywood. he would now be better off finishing his career and returning to canada for a standing comedy outreach in a rural village. or how about becoming prime minister of his home country? even trudeau is the prime minister. there's no reason jim carrey won't be prime minister of canada.

someone hasn’t heard of ice Poseidon and his band of degenerates
or the fact soap operas were the most watched shows televisin for several decades

Yes, people would watch

Not for entertainment purposes, at least.

But when you have a show/cast/budget of this scale you can engineer whatever kind of lead you wish. A rockstar with a lavish life and drug problem, an incel who browses 4ch all day, anything inbetween

it was a warning about social media.

Reality TV actually. Very few people even considered social media as a possible outcome of the internet back then. Hell, very few people even used the internet.

I don't know why Chris bothered trying to engineer his love life
Soulless as fuck. Hope he got bullied at comic-con that year.

>the conspiracy theorists who comment on every truman show video

>the Truman show
>the "true man" show
>the show about a real man who doesn't even know he's being recorded, who is in a simulated reality and is entirely oblivious to the reality TV going on around him. We watch him on TV, but he acts genuinely, as a "true man" hue hue, get it? It's a play on words

It has to be fake love because someone who really loved him would spill the beans about the show. I think the only one inside who had a little sympathy for him was the bus driver

A 'what if' remake where Truman one day turns into a serial murderer.
>> oh no

better than watching pewdiepie lately

700 mb A:10 V:10 thanks yifi

plot twist, most viewers of this reality show are women

Attached: IMG_4987.jpg (1044x1600, 501K)

Normies love cheap "social experiment" reality shows so I don't see why not

>Did you had a good time?
>Yes, Mr. Epstein, the best!