Post yfw Dune 2020 bombs at the box office because the source material is inherently unadaptable and not appealing for...

>post yfw Dune 2020 bombs at the box office because the source material is inherently unadaptable and not appealing for a mainstream audience

Attached: 13A52B44-86EE-47DD-AC0E-01B627A98167.jpg (750x991, 491K)

nothing is unadaptable

how good is the dune novel i never got around to reading it

I don't know what a Dune is, so I don't really care to watch in the first place.

I read it in high school. There's maybe 10 books that I've read in their entirety, so I'm no expert, but I liked it

The whole monologue thing would go over way better in animation. Too bad they won't shell out for the hand drawn work it's worth.

It will bomb but Dune is not unadaptable nor unappealing to a mainstream audience. It's only a tier above Game of Thrones, it's just wanked over here because it's a white male power fantasy. It will bomb because it will look too much like a Star Wars rip off to uneducated normies which is what killed John Carter

It's an oscar bait movie who cares

I don't care if it bombs, I care if it's good. BR2049 was a "bomb" and it's the best film ever made. Fight me

Attached: joi-deleted-scene.jpg (4032x3024, 1.34M)

Good but the first novel is generic in enough places that Hollywood can make it play it safe enough if they wish. Donno if Villenueve will get the atmosphere right but I can tell the casting is already pretty awful with the choices made so far. But whatever, the sequels that follow like Dune Messiah and Children are better anyway.

OP here. I hope its as good as BR2049 but unless they do a lot of voiceovers for inner monologue I dont see it working.

>It's only a tier above Game of Thrones
Contrasting styles that are almost incomparable. GGR is a poor man's Robert Jordan, he attempts to overwrite stylistically while Herbert is much more in line with the original fantasy/horror minimalists. Shelley's Frankenstein and Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde come to mind, underwritten description's of setting and an emphasis on psychology. As I personally prefer the minimalists I'm tempted to say "ggr is shit and anybody who likes him is shit" but different strokes for different folks desu.

>which is what killed John Carter
john carter had extremely bland production design and casting

How can you actually believe that

Dune was a good movie outside of having the worst pacing ever

They said the same thing about lotr. And even though some of the changes specifically in the third movie were really bad the movies were enjoyable.

You're right user

>just wanked over here because it's a white male power fantasy.
Brave.

It's dead on arrival, aidskike was a mistake

If it flops I don't care. This movie is the reason I got a copy of the Dune Board game and that's what I've been after for years.

Dune is my favorite novel, it's pretty good. I'd suggest reading the first three books to get an overall arc completed. These are Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune.

I hear this so rarely, but I totally agree, outside of the janky pacing and a good bit of shot recycling that just makes some transitions feel cheap, I still loved the movie from the first time I watched it even though at the time I was too young to know what the hell was going on, until now when I know more of what's going on than can be shown in the movie itself. Also, I never disliked or had an issue with the inner dialogues of the characters being voiced.

What’s an aidskike? What are you babbling about you incel?

I'm reading it currently and am about halfway through. Now don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, but if it's true that 2020 is only gonna adapt the first half how the fuck is this not gonna bomb? Not much has happened besides character chatter and based betrayal. I just can't see normies enjoying political royal speak without action to wake them up.

>unadaptable
untrue
>not appealing for mainstream audience
possibly true, but that's what the star-studded cast is for

wrong. the spice must flow

>Dune is not unadaptable
Internal monologues translate extremely poorly to film, which completely ruins the Machiavellian realpolitik components of Dune. There are really interesting parts of the book where certain characters are aware of information that other characters may or may not know. Everyone is trying to gauge each other which would be extremely difficult to convey in film.

>casting is awful
The only weird ones are Leto and Idaho, and of course the two token niggers

chalamet is the aidskike I believe
explain how Game of Thrones's depiction of machiavellian politics exists please, and remember that your answer must include with GoT appealed to normies

>political royal speak
The dinner/banquet sequence is extremely high IQ and virtually impossible to adapt for film because of the internal monologues.

who the fuck is ggr

Game of Thrones had character arcs and plot lines that spanned multiple seasons of television, whereas the first part of the Dune adaptation will be 3 hours MAX. Moreover, one of the weakest aspects of GoT is the whole concept of Greensight, which isn't explained very well at all in the show and creates many plot holes. There are similar concepts in Dune like the analytical abilities of Mentats and the observational abilities of the Bene Gesserit which are far more prevalent than Greensight. In summary, the limited length of the film creates restrictions for the amount of exposition of the supernatural abilities in Dune. The politics in GoT never depended on characters being able to read minds and literally compute the different permutations of possible futures with the use of psychoactive substances.