HERE WE ARE, BORN TO BE KINGS

I've been thinking of getting into the Highlander series. I've known about it for a long while because of my family and I heard it's really good.
Recently I saw some pieces of Search for Vengeance and my interest went up again.
So anyway from what I've heard:
>The original film trilogy is good
>Live Action TV series is pretty alright
>Animated series ???
>Search for Vengeance is good
>Endgame is the massive shitstain that nearly ruined the series
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of that. I just want to know where to get started with this series and which movies/whatever to avoid.

Attached: HighlanderPoster.jpg (2000x3000, 1005K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xUlEamQJ-1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything but the first movie is shit.

i watched the animated series every day before going to school, it is a great post apocalyptic mad max type cartoon. the only good movie is the first movie

fpbp

Dont watch the anime, its garbage despite being directed by the guy who did ninja scroll

The first movie is a classic. Every subsequent movie is a hilarious disaster. 2 and 5 are particularly hilarious in how retarded they are. Every movie also tries to top the Kyrgan from the first movie by having an over the top villain but they never succeed. 3 gives it a good attempt though with Mario Van Peebles.

The live action show I've only seen 1 episode of but I hear it hits its stride later on. Not seen any of the cartoon.

>dont watch anime
fixed that for you. watch the cartoon instead, its certified kino
youtube.com/watch?v=xUlEamQJ-1g

What about the tv show? I have never watched it but have heard people like it.

I member being a child and hooked up on this.
Even made my own d&d campaign based on it
But the secins and third movie are just crap. Don't kid yourself.

This. The Quickening is so-bad-it's-almost-good, but the tv series and the rest of the movies are crap.

>series
I thought it was just a movie

>>The original film trilogy is good
Only the first one but if youre a zoomer you wont even like that

it was a 40 episode cartoon series. after it ended, they edited a bunch of episodes together to make the animated movie

I kinda figured only the first one would be good lol
I'm in my early 20's but I've always respected a lot of things that were made before my time. Like Blade Runner for example, I acknowledge it looks absolutely phenomenal for its time and could see how drastically it would influence the cyberpunk genre later on. Hell, even gathered some interesting things from it to possibly use in some of my writing.
I assume the same thing will happen to me with Highlander, where even if the presentation ends up not being my thing I can still appreciate a lot of aspects of it.

highlander is very dated, especially the sword fighting. but i still love the story, and it has a great soundtrack. for the love of god dont ever watch the 2nd one though

also, obligatory zoomer insult, because we are on 4channel and i have to fit in

>fixed that for you
Shut the fuck up

Attached: willow-ufgood-film-characters-photo-u1.jpg (280x280, 12K)

I was talking about the anime movie.

no need for naughty language

Attached: A1K84jSuHfL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1499, 575K)

>anime
gross

It's a great concept but i doubt very much you'll like the movie.

There's a peck here with an acorn pointed at me

I'll just have to see I think. I've always liked toying around with the ideas of crazy shit like what happens in these movies (i.e. immortal or divine beings in the modern times)
I have it loaded up rn and if I do actually end up not liking it, I can at least say I gave it a chance.

you seem like an alright kid user but please spare me your faggot brackets, just say what you have to say.