The Dark Crystal

Do you think that The Chamberlain would've made for a better ruler than The Emperor in Age of Resistance and/or the Garthim Master in the movie?

Attached: 1thechamber.jpg (350x524, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJwt4eJV4io
youtube.com/watch?v=lXbsd0yH1wU
desuarchive.org/trash/thread/25419963/#25465436
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they actually listened to him they'd probably still be suckling on gelfling essence right now.
But they wouldn't even if he was emperor.

He would have made a more reasonable emperor 100%, but SkekSo is a badass wizard tho, so, y'know, he just wins no contest bye-bye.

Does anyone have the Hunter bowling gif?

He wasn't always a wizard though.

> Skeksis aren't r~*

Attached: 1568500417722.webm (752x582, 2.93M)

daily reminder that podlings are gelfs with an extra chromosome

I don’t get it.

Gurjin

I could take him in a trial by stone

Scientist is cuck, yes?

Attached: 1568063974172.png (694x634, 49K)

>On an alien planet full of inferior life forms
>Technologically and physically superior to the native inhabitants in every way
>However, completely outnumbered and lacking in any re-enforcements
>No room for mistakes or else the natives could easily turn on you and run over any defenses and hijack your rule, possibly even destroying your entire species

It’s like the story of South Africa

Attached: 67DC8E77-344D-47E0-9E6F-44A5114AB855.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

What bird is that?

It's a vulture, dipshit

Looks like a cinereous vulture to me.

I still don’t get it.

Podling poster confirmed.

Attached: chamberlain.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

>what are we without the sky

cute!
based netflix giving the people what they want

Attached: Dancing Queen young and sweet.gif (284x300, 2.74M)

when will season 2 be confirmed? I've heard the end of this month

Just finished S1, the ending felt a bit limp for me with the whole "we won't kill the Skeksis because we're GOOD" bullshit when plenty of Gelfling have tried to kill them before, General was dead by the time of the movie anyway so while "you took my seat" was great the whole thing just frustrated me.
Is S2 just going to be Garthim steamrolling all the gelfling clans?

no, he's too jewish for his own good

best emperor is current emperor

scientist is good and has never lost his chair, unlike soiyskekSil

i hope that after remaking the movie they pull off a planet of the apes 4 and the skeksis travel to the modern world

this kills the gelfling

Attached: 28937814454_96a8baff92_b.jpg (632x950, 196K)

He would have been constantly bullshitting around, trying to stir up political intrigue. I can see why someone like the Garathim Master didn't want that stream of bullshit flow from the throne 24/7.

Now here's my question: How the fuck isn't all of AoR predicated on a gaping plot hole? The Ceremony of the Sun worked fine in the movie, and we're told the Skeksis are drawing power from the three suns. In the series, supposedly they're drawing from the crystal itself, but there's no apparent difference in the ritual setup. The only reason the Skeksis start draining Gelflings and kicking off the plot is because the Ceremony of the Sun isn't cutting it. If this is a retcon, it's one that makes no fucking sense.

I feel like being in those costumes would automatically turn method acting into some kind of Heath Ledger-esque deep dive.

When he wasn't a wizard he was bashing skulls, he was still cool

i could just walk him skulk around like that for hours...idk why

Attached: emil.png (232x300, 126K)

Possibly, but no one likes Chamberlain and he can't slap a bitch if the others don't do as a he say, he's the one who gets slapped around if things get physical. Emperor isn't the smartest, but the other skeks consider him based.

Attached: 1568946058214.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I'm going to say no. SkekSo is fucked up now, but before he started doing darkening and huffing essence, he ruled by strength and fear and that's what Skeksis respect. It obviously worked well for the Skeksis for a long ass time. I don't think anyone really trusts or respects SkekSil, he is too manipulative and he doesn't particularly inspire respect in the stronger Skeksis like the first General and Garthim Master. They'd probably dethrone his ass asap.

Attached: Say no to drugs.jpg (2744x1228, 248K)

That's what I've heard too.

SkekSil never got burned though.

Attached: SkekTek slow slide into death.gif (250x102, 1.03M)

I hope they don't skimp on how grim lines of these taking Gelfling to the castle on their backs should be.

he died like a boss

skeksil pussied out and got butt raped by a mystic

Do I have to watch the movie to appreciate the series or is it like a soft reboot?

It's not a reboot. You can watch the show without watching the film since it is a prequel. Knowing the film enhances enjoyment of the series imo, but some people really dislike the film.

Should I watch the movie or show first?

Would the movie make the show better or would the show make the movie better?

Poor SkekTek really didn't deserve this.
I actually felt happy when he beat the gruenak because I didn't want anything getting in the way of him having one good day in his shitty life

Attached: 1568484597645.jpg (792x612, 65K)

I think the movie makes the show better, so I'd watch that first. But it is the ending of the story so it depends if knowing that takes away your enjoyment of what happened before.

Yeah agreed, he deserved one good day. And even then he was still insulted by Hunterchad.

Attached: Jim Henson and date.jpg (989x1280, 342K)

is a virgin

Thoughts after watching the making of:
1) very nice to have people passionate about their craft making a show
2) kudos to netshills for having the balls to risk this
3) Becky Henson a qt
4) She and Toby Froud should breed and create the ultimate puppetry-nerd-dynasty.
5) The guy doing chamberlain now did an amazing job of emulating the snakey, slithering headmovements frank oz would do

I agree with point 4. Puppetry Empire when?

why did they make kylan so fucking cute

Attached: hemadebroth.png (1280x1272, 1.76M)

Me on the left

Why did Deet become so cold towards Hup as the series progressed?
>didn't object to Heretic calling him "friend-slave"
>kept laughing when other characters made him feel uncomfortable
>left him at the circle of the suns with barely a word after he tried to protect her

hoes gonna hoe

probably the writers thinking they didn't need to establish them as friends anymore

I'm honestly having difficulties perceiving this as an actor in a costume and not an actual Skeksis

I know, the videos they made of actors interacting with the puppets are really kino. There was a podling one as well.

I love this stuff

Gelflings are supposedly extinct in the film (except for Jen and what's-her-face). It's possible that, once they ran out of Gelflings, they went back to drawing power from the sun as a last resort?

Is there a behind the scenes video?

She's a roastie

Hup is going to die without seeing Deet again isn't he

There's a whole behind-the-scenes special on Netflix

It's all R*an's fault. I want R*an to be violently raped by SkekLach and showered in her skekpussy STD discharge before being drained and having his essence thrown in the trash because it's not even worthy of being consumed.

*AHEM*
FUCK THE CHAMBERLAIN
AND FUCK GELFLINGS

Attached: 1567565116129.png (3576x3600, 1.79M)

Hup has a better chance of living than any gelfing.

Nice thanks

>AND FUCK GELFLINGS
o-okay

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Did the ending feel a little disappointing for anyone else? Also they really could have trimmed a lot of Seladon without losing much

Attached: 1535684134842.jpg (680x500, 48K)

I didn't really mind Seladon just because her little arc culminated with that hilarious "uh... no!" scene

that scene was 10/10, I was thinking more about her awkward "redemption arc" afterwards and the entirely unnecessary bit with Maudra Fara sacrificing herself for her

>disappointing
To me it was kino.
>Geflings scored a pyrrhic victory without even realizing how meaningless it is
>upbeat narration while showing the woods being consumed by the Darkening
>SkekTek finally gets his big triumph

The dropped off heavy around five or six . Once the one princess went from slightly bitchy to super evil, the whole thing became a joke.

According to one of the henson sisters the Deet /Rion romance is a core part of the show (since they're probably going to end up spawning jen and/or kira).
So yes, uniroically, Deet found a better prospect than Hup.
Gelflings, amirite.

>Geflings scored a pyrrhic victory without even realizing how meaningless it is
Very dumb not to press the advantage.

do you think darkening-Deet is a dom?

>I'm not a killer
Are Gelflings seriously so fucking dumb that they think the Skeksis will just quietly go away and leave them alone if given a big fright? If this is how it's going to be then they deserve to be genocided.

Does the series take place this little time before the film? I don't remember a specific time frame having been given

that part was infuriating, considering they try to kill the Skeksis at plenty of other points throughout the series, it goes beyond naivete to just being plain stupid
Explains how he's Jen's ancestor though

Honestly Rian is a terrible protagonist. But hey Jen was too.

Yeah, it went downhill a bit near the end. I found the second half of the season to be overall less coherent. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been better.

I dont think there's an official timeframe but it cant be that far from the movie, a generation or two at most since jens and kiras memories and existence wouldnt make sense otherwise.
Also the parents thing is just fantheory but has a very high chance of actually being real.

Anyone else was surprised by the Rian/Feet romance? I was sure they'd pair him off with Brea; fiesty vapran girls seem like his type

I blame aughra for it
>can see the future
>is ok with gelfings being ausschwitzed
>muh poor urskeks need to be reunited
how about no? how about the people from the planet dont suffer so the fucking aliums can do their creepy immortality experiments you dumb old cunt.

The fact that there is at least one Skeksis who isn't evil - the Heretic - kinda makes me wonder if there would be any hope of redemption from any other Skesis?

I mean, obviously it's not happening with any of the Skeksis that are in the film, but I'm curious if it could be a plot point for other ones. Or maybe the Gelflings attempting it and completely failing.

I just find it kinda weird that it seems taken for granted by the Gelflings that Skeksis are inherently evil when we've met one who wasn't

It can take a while to genocide an entire race. Could be a century or more between the start and Jen/Kira's generation

I wonder if the heretic is "good" because of the huge pin in his head giving him a partial lobotomy or something or if the other skeks did that to him as punishment for his heresy.

She sees multiple futures. The implications seems to be something went wrong and they ended up following the worst timeline

That's kinda what I'm thinking too - if the series gets enough seasons, it will end with the Gelflings being mostly wiped out, but it'll still take a couple of centuries before the last remaining pockets are also exterminated

Like how something went wrong when she trusted the skeksis the first 500 times?

What. The movie is like 20 years later than the series and they're already exterminated.

>The movie is like 20 years later than the series
How do we know that? I've never seen any specific indications of how many years separate the two

Maybe because he reconciled with his other half, which the archer and hunter were not able to do.

to be fair they weren't always dicks. they only went crazy when they realized they weren't going to live forever.

Aughra is bad at decision making, not surprising

Reminder that the whole story is a battle of wits between quasi-immortal interplanetary deities and that gelflings and other mortal creatures don't actually matter and are just pawns on the board designed to teach one faction or the other a lesson.

Don't both movie and show begin with narration saying blabla for nearly a thousand years / trines?
Implying the timeframe is rather short.

I don't think a pre-prequel would ever happen but I would love to see the younger skeksis some day desu

yeah... but aughra actually cares about the order of nature and the wellbeing of the planet and the things living on it
I mean she's not in it to prove her superior wits to the skeksis.
She's just massively incompetent.

Didnt they start exploiting the crystal the second aughra went on her lsd trips?

hhmmmMMMMmmmmmm interesteting

>dies

Well, she'll get it right with the next dominant race in Thra maybe. The main reason for gelfling to exist is to teach her to do better next time.

Raptors are for assimilating.

Attached: urskek.jpg (360x500, 23K)

AAAAARRRRH
HELP ME FRIEND CHAMBERLAIN!

Attached: 1136365457.jpg (551x542, 60K)

i would hope so

How come urrus/skeksis are so cool looking while these faggots are so boring and gay looking?

On iPad. Can anyone tell me what's happening in the Webm?

It's so fucking weird this show is on netflix and how good it is.
Easily deserves a spot among sopranos/wire/deadwood/generation kill/jonathan strange & mr. norrell etc. etc.

Jen had an excuse for being dumb, he was a fish out of water

a vulture walks around and bobs its head

Not the same general as the movie

Ayu lmao

>boring and gay
Insulting the gods I see. They don't need to move around.

I don't know if I could take a skek or an urru but I sure as fuck could take down one of those faggot tree people. I'd just snap their arms off, what are they gonna do?

Considering how autistic all the skeks are, I kind of think chamberlain isn't actually capable of being a good emperor. just a good starscream and sneaky plotting guy who knows how to manipulate people.

this is why puppets are cool.
you would literallly have chamberlain right there in the room with you if he was cgi.

*wouldn't

he'd probably get bored having no one to backstab and overthrow. also I think Skekso is probably smarter than the chamberlain and let's him get away with his horrible shit because its amusing

Anyone still feel bad for this little bootlicker? The way she behaved she must have still been pretty young, I could feel the moment something broke when the Skeksis stopped pretending to treat Gelfling as anything but cattle.

Shit forgot pic

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Seladon-makeover-1.png (780x481, 401K)

she deserved it at that point

>Would the movie make the show better or would the show make the movie better?
Both. On one hand, knowing the movie makes you appreciate things in the show more, on the other, it spoils you as to who will survive/die since show is a prequel. I don't recommend the movie to newcomers who are interested in the show, because many people don't like the movie and it puts them off it. You don't need to have watched it to understand anything in the show,

Her heel turn of fully botched. Suddenly being whispering evil and violent just made me laugh.

So why the fuck did it suddenly start working again?

I imagine most people with basic human empathy eventually felt bad for her, so maybe 25% of anons here

They installed a reflector

I can't for the life of me sustain attention on this show, don't know why it just can't hold me

You have ADD

>the way he keeps flapping his beak
lovely

And why they make perfect waifus.
>3DPD is, well, 3DPD
>2D waifus don't actually exist
>puppet waifus are tangible and you can actually go visit them if you're lucky

Rian is too fucking boring to get together with based Brea

So which skek is the bastardest skek? I saw the emperor laughing at skektek's eye torture and Mira's death so he seems to be the most far gone at this point, unable to even pretend to care about other creatures. but he's not nearly as devious as the chamberlain

What are they spraying him with?

Probably just a spray to make the puppet mouth appear moist like a real mouth

Obviously Chamberlain, he's just a straight up dick. No other skeksis has killed another since early on.

The Emperor is undoubtedly the cruelest skeksis with the most fucked up morals. He comes off the most as knowing whatever he's doing is evil, but doesn't care. Every other Skeksis has their moments of genuinely being upset at something or feigning compassion. Skekso never has these moments outside fearing for his own life.

Chamberlain is a legit psychopath

A tie between Chamberlain and Emperor, one is just selfish for his own gain, the other is outwardly sadistic.

Attached: 1567650629567.jpg (1270x1089, 448K)

Chamberlain rationalizes the stuff he does. The Emperor doesn't care.

So they were the only of their race? And they lived 1000 years?

Who would guard the crystal once they died(that they feared so much)?

Attached: game-of-thrones-s8-e6-bran-stark.jpg (3150x2100, 659K)

I want to know what other tortures him and Ritual Master have come up with.

>mmmMMMMmmm

Attached: 2ao1_640.jpg (555x960, 78K)

I like to think the emperor knows exactly what the chamberlain is doing almost all of the time, he just doesn't care/finds it hilarious. Only thing I think he would be disturbed by would be Chamberlain's murder of the general, but only because the emperor is obsessed with living forever.

They probably didn't think about that, what with them wanting to stay immortal and all.

Why does everyone bully Scientist? They should be grateful for all of his work considering he's the only Skek that's actually useful

Attached: 5366_n.jpg (715x709, 131K)

>He fell for the death is unnatural speech
Chamberlain doesn't care about anyone or anything, he simply isn't shortsighted. If given the chance he's just as sadistic; he drank Mira's essence in front of Rian and mocked him about it. And he's still the only Skeksis that would go so far as to kill his own over a chair. He's fuckin ice cold.

Podling life rules

Fuck everyone else

youtube.com/watch?v=IJwt4eJV4io

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

That was for draining people, an obvious refinement of the process.

Emperor is a bully and obviously gets rocks off watching others suffer + darkness huffing and craving for essence has made him highly unreasonable, but he would never have a fellow skek killed, and he's sacrificing his own life-span by fiddling with the darkness for the sake of all skeks.

Chamberlain doesn't give any fucks about anyone or anything but himself..

perhaps as it came closer to the great conjunction the energy they received had increased just enough to keep them alive in their decrepit state.

Why did Chamberlain steal the essence vial from the Scientist? Did he just decide to fuck him over for no reason?

He hadn't been getting essence and wanted some for himself

Isn't the Darkening just Phazon?

Attached: trqWvXJI4I3TsC04iZctYGOJws6D45V89hCrnmSopv4.jpg (552x999, 48K)

>Why does everyone bully Scientist?
Because he's a fucking nerd.

Attached: 7987987890.png (898x522, 82K)

Wanted more for himself probably. That or as leverage later on - like when he offered essence to the Commander

another vote for chamberlain from me
he'd still be talking about how you're friends and this is all for the best as he locks the gaschamber door behind your

not really. phazon is part of a sentient cosmic parasite sent to cannibalize other planets while the darkening is the result of Thra's crystal being unable to give energy to the planet

fucking coward, staying behind while the rest go to war
no time to hear your objections, see ya

yeah, but they have the same effect on shit, though

makes me wonder why Skekso is the emperor and not Skeksil, who's clearly the better long-term planner. Maybe Skekso was smarter earlier on and has just gone crazy by the time of the series

Attached: eagleamongseagull.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

looking back there's some similarities between Skekso and Morgoth, and Skeksil and Sauron. Skekso and Morgoth are the most powerful but short-sighted and deranged, while Sauron and Skeksil are servants who aspire to greater, long term evils than their respective bosses.

The emperor is a bully and skeksis are cowardly psychopaths. Whoever they choose as leader will naturally be the one they are most afraid to refuse

also because then there wouldnt be a show or movie because the gelflings would have just continued to be slowly drained over the millenia, according to chamberlains plan

they also use giant spiders to do their bidding that end up going rogue and becoming a problem later on

I want the same kind of video with deet

Attached: 1569080555170.png (1200x1799, 852K)

No one likes SkekSil and his whimper, he's considered a coward and weakling, next in line for bullying after SkekTek. Emperor is weak now because of darkness huffing, but we can assume he used to be capable of physically putting naysayers in their place. Also they all think he's based.

Morgoth and Sauron loved and valued each other, SkekSo clearly treats SkekSil as disposable.

Does anyone have the gif of the cute white vulture having its neck stroked?

They decide their rulers by chopping at rocks. Intelligence has no relevance

Deet is an ugly goblina.
Take the Skekmal pill already

Attached: 6f4cdb8c9b2861_3a91480b_640.jpg (640x959, 196K)

They’re not evil though. They are apex predators who are aging and dying, and afraid.
Have you ever seen an old dying lion in a nature documentary? It’s the saddest thing, it will eat whatever to survive, and since there are no predators to take it out it dies slow and hard. Now imagine being that lion, but you’re almost 1000 years old.

keep your fanfic shit out of here. Sauron was terrified of Morgoth enough to flee eastward after letting Tol-in-Gaurhoth fall to Luthien, and presumably backed out of the War with the Elves.

Chamberlain. He killed one of his own, SkekSo would not cross that line.

I miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe

Terrified but still respected him and saw him as more than just a meal ticket

>BWWRRRRAAAAAAAGHHHH
This guy was kinda kino I was sad to see him go

>No one likes SkekSil and his whimper
I do.

>They’re not evil though
You¨ve been skekpilled by the Chamberlain. They are clearly evil, on top of being afraid of death and wanting to survive. Drinking Mira's last essence in front of Rian and going "TASTY TASTY" was not for survival. Crowding around the Scientist and guffawing as his eye was eaten was not for survival. Genociding, enslaving and beating gruenaks to death wasn't either.

Emperor and Chamberlain are the obvious ones, but I think as far as immediate conflict is concerned the General is the one who instigated everything.

I will grant you that Chamberlain is a psycho. But the other things are not indicative of them being evil, just dicks or affcted by drugs. Gruenaks may have been genocided for a reason, maybe they were out killing gelfling like the arathim.

But the General is practically a sweetheart by Skeksis standards. He was shocked at the initial gelfling draining and he forgave Chamberlain. He is just a loyal dummy.

>maybe they were out killing gelfling like the arathim.
Doubt it. And if so, like the Arathim, it would have been because of Skeksis meddling.

Not evil, only natural.

Attached: 11352346.jpg (1197x1200, 183K)

General came off as the most sane and reasonable one of them to me, just stupid as well. He truly believed it when SkekSil let out drivel about Skeksis having each other's backs despite squabbles.

skekSil was just thirsty, rian was hogging all the essence to himself he shouldn't be so greedy.

skekTek is literally made for bullying.

The gruenaks attacked skekTek, it was just self defense. They should have trusted skekSils plan.

>the fear and awe when the Emperor showed him the darkening
General was a good boy and skekSil is trash

That's depending on where you're placing the signs of a good Skeksis. Heretic wants reunification, and the end of Skeksis rule, and is a better person than the General. The General has loyalty towards the Skeksis, but his approach to handling matters was to crush everyone else. The Emperor got further into this mindset after he grew tired of the Chamberlain's ways. He was the one who went about eating sacred chrysalises.

He's fucking huge

I really liked the interactions between scrollkeeper and brea in the first episode when they're so freindly to each other
oh and when she hugs him

>The vial was obviously the Scientists responsibility!
I got the impression he knew Chamberlain had fucked over the Scientist and was lying in that scene, but he didn't give a fuck because he wanted to watch the nerd being punished.

That was so cute. But for him it was probably like being jumped on by a dog you encountered on the street.

>Drinking Mira's last essence in front of Rian and going "TASTY TASTY" was not for survival
Skeksis thirsty... Essence tasty
>Crowding around the Scientist and guffawing as his eye was eaten was not for survival.
SkekTek make mistake, need to be punished for all Skeksis!

He was fine with exploiting them and saw himself as their complete superiors, but there were definitely many unnecessary displays of kindness early on before the essence led to further corruption. I liked the shared link they had with the written word and how it did seem to be genuine interest he had with her. Kind of a disappointing callback at the end of the season, and it seems like their relationship likely won't get built up further as the series progresses.

Skekso did cripple another Skeksis by bashing his head in

It’s a shame because I would like to see more non-negative skek and gelfling interactions. They had a somewhat solid relationship for almost a millennium before the show and before everything went fo shit. I think the new comics might get into that a bit with the General and how he promoted Rian’s dad.

And ordered SkekTek to have his eye gobbled up + (possibly) a massive nail to be hammered into Heretics skull as means of punishment. The main point is though, he didn't kill them.

He’s fine, he just had some mild brain damage.

There literally downies.... They are the ones who should be used instead for refinement of the crystal

And those are were framed as ‘official’ public punishments endorsed by the others. Not quite the same as Chamberlain straight up murdering and lying about it.

They're literally greta thunberg

What? The urSkeks are fucking awesome.

Attached: UrSkek_Art.jpg (560x1326, 198K)

Yes.... yeeeeees

>how it did seem to be genuine interest he had with her
Seemed more like amusement to me.
>Oh my, the dog can read, how delightful!

This.

>stealing from Blizzard
Absolutely shameful.

Attached: arakkoa.jpg (800x496, 33K)

Eh I tend to agree that it was something slightly more than that.
Like when they're in the carriage and scrollkeeper and brea essentially team up and mock the collector together.
Obviously he views all the gelflings as beneath him, but recognising a spark of intelligence that endears her slightly to him makes him seem more interesting as well.

They should take the most popular skeks to a con for people to take pictures with. I'd pay for that

Attached: skeksis-chamberlain-featured.jpg (620x330, 40K)

The Emperor seemed kind of bummed out when he heard the General (his confidante) died

there's some surprisingly good cosplay online

Attached: 15284013532_8f2b10569f_b.jpg (1024x683, 221K)

How long can they even stay inside of the costumes without a break?

skek

Yeah, he clearly preferred SkekVar over SkekSIl.

Hell yes.
That was sad, they had a good relationship. As good as skeks can have one, anyway. I hope Garthim Master becomes SkekSo’s new friend in season 2.

SkekTrek the next generation

The emperor truly cares about the Skeksis, he's just fucked in the head all around

youtube.com/watch?v=lXbsd0yH1wU

Pretty damn good

Skekung tells the others to kneel and bow to the emperor even as he is a shriveled husk dying on the bed, they clearly had a good relationship

Attached: Gorn-Arena.jpg (1200x680, 106K)

>Skekshod
Based

WATCH OUT FOR THEM GROTTANS!

If fucking fursuiters can stay in their suits for an entire con they'll be fine. Though it would make more sense if they just stood the costumes up as props.

That’s amazing.

>remaking the movie

Attached: not going back.jpg (694x530, 41K)

In another world, in another time...

Attached: 1568527109085.png (900x643, 275K)

What's the exact timeline of urSkeks coming on Thra, making the orrery for Aughra and splitting into the two kinds?

The initial opening of the show has the skeksis building the orrery so they could play with the crystal, but didn't urSkeks already try experiments on the crystals which led to their split before that? Did Aughra just allow it before she went stargazing?

Ehhh, but in a fursuit your head is still inside the "head", but with the skeks the performer had their hand and arm raised up high to control the head and beak if I recall it right. Must be very uncomfortable.

>five fingers not four
4/10 you blew it

Wait, this is the same artist who drew SkekSo fucking SkekSil up the cloaca, isn't it?

Yes.

That’s why good puppetry is an art.

looks like it

Attached: 1568605706847.jpg (893x5107, 914K)

How do they control both skek arms if one arm is controlling the head?

So is no one gonna talk about this? Is best girl Tavra still alive within the Ascendancy?

Attached: AscendantTavra.png (932x417, 441K)

It’s not entirely clear since it’s not entirely clear if the origins comic is still being followed completely.
In the comic the UrSkeks come and hang out and help the planet develop for about 1000 years, and then the split happens and the skeksis reign for 1000 years until the next conjuction. I think in the comic Aughra already gives the crystal to the Urskeks but that might play out different in the show.

Would be kind of cool if she was. In general the Ascendancy was a dope idea - also, those flower mind-controller things would make for great team speak and coordination, assuming you're okay linking to the Ascendancy.

Not sure. I watched the documentary, but I don't remember. Sometimes they have green/blue suiters moving around the arms, but clearly not all of the time, as Skeksil in the webm in this thread is moving around all lifelike without them. Costume seems impossible to perform as only one person to me.

That's how I took it until he follows up with, "I'm a connoisseur of the written word myself." To me it's implying it might not be something all other Skeksis(think someone like the General) would be well acquainted with.

I kinda hope so.

remove your lifeforce.

Urskeks arrive and meet Aughra
TekTih (urSkek of Scientist) becomes her mentor and builds her the orrery
She gifts the crystal to the urSkeks in exchange so they can go home
The split happens, but both urRu and Skeksis are still technically urSkek so Aughra still entrusts the crystal to the Skeksis
She didn't realize that the Skeksis would abuse it

* Pizzicato violin strings start playing.

Skeksis dancing really soothes the soul

>TekTih (urSkek of Scientist)
w-was he treated respectfully as an urskek? or was he cucked by the rest as well>?

Skekmal is only like 5th on the list of Skeksis and Urrus I would like to fuck.

Lmao who cares

> When you're playing bad guy in the backyard but your mom calls you in for pb&j.

he's probably the one with the bright idea to purge their evil halves, and the skeksis deep down realize that was a stupid decision and hate him for it.

POST IT YOU DIP

Apparently it's a plot element in the books. Even if that's fabrication, it seems pretty obvious that it will be relevant.

It makes me smile every time. Fucking SkekAyuk is cute.

I would let SkekSo fuck me senseless

desuarchive.org/trash/thread/25419963/#25465436

Enjoy.

Attached: 67867978989.png (836x838, 973K)

>implying he wouldn't just beat you to death while laughing

I think about 90% of the anons in these threads agree.

>SkekSil will never nuzzle up to you like that
just drain my essence already to be quite honest family

>Skekvar walks in
>'Emperor! What are you doing?!"
>"What.i.must!"

SuSo (emperor urSkek) most likely kek'd him regularly even as an ayy.

I want to overpower SkekSo, knock his specter out of his hands and ream his cloacapussy until he passes out from cumming too many times.

>Skeksis aren't r....

Attached: JacobRothschild.jpg (463x700, 50K)

>Remake

I hope not.

Attached: uhno.gif (444x400, 3.6M)

Quality post and hot.

skek'd

Props to the artist for making that miserable rat SkekSil look cute.

...its real

user thinks SkekSil is not always cute, mmmmmhmmmmmmmmm?

Attached: 1569018166692.png (400x200, 125K)

Even for a Skeksis you’re ugly pal. Maybe purr more, it helps.

>that little atrophied arm
kek

Chamberlain is cute! Cute!

Attached: Nyaa~.png (1378x1297, 2.28M)

Based. He's the only g*mnoid that's not an annoying piece of shit, or, and may Aughra forgive me for uttering this word, a thot

Skeksil will go hang self now, mmmmhhmmmm. Maybe next time user will think before posting, yes?

I think he's the most aesthetic of all the skekis
the beak isn't overly long like and crocodile-like like with the emperor or skektetk
and it isn't to short and stubby like gourmands or generals
also his eyes seem bigger than the others so he appears more emotive

See that kind of manipulation only works with people whose souls haven’t been crushed by a more than a decade of Moot’s abomination.

He’s definitely the least ugly. That user is just blind.

Attached: Hmmmmmmm.jpg (1332x600, 55K)

See I like the long thin beaks. SkekSo and SkekTek are peak aesthetic. Heretic is also pretty.

I actually prefer the longest and sharpest beaks (SkekSo and Scrollkeeper) but Chamberlain's face is just too cute

>d-dats rayciss
>How racist, hmmmmmm? You explain
>B-because we dindu nuttin yall tryan keep a gelfer down u gibs reparayshuns nao
> But skeksis already give gelflings jobs, hmmmmmmm? Affordable housing, autonomous local communities, preferential hiring and subsidized wages, too. And what Rian do next? He CHIMPS. OUT.
>n-no
How many projects is Raimi working on at once, the absolute madlad??

Attached: Dark-Crystal-S1E5-Rian-skekSil.jpg (640x360, 37K)

The Hunter and the Heteric are definitely the most beautiful Skeksis

I wonder if they're less ugly because they don't spend their time in that castle with all that crystal and darkening shit going on

Lieeeeees
I second this, his face has so much personality. It actually makes him sort of hansamu

Attached: ready to serve.gif (268x180, 2.78M)

Gurjin the Brave did first

Heretic also has an unusual face, and the pretty tattoos/facepaint.

I can't even tell if you people want to fuck skeksis ironically or unironically anymore.

Attached: 1568562206841.jpg (1280x960, 216K)

Heretic leans more towards dinosaur/raptor than regular bird/vulture.

Attached: 1568233665065.png (2036x1018, 2.15M)

for me, its the Emperor (tho the voice helps)

Attached: EE88LvaUcAArp0Z.jpg (1237x1237, 159K)

Hello!

Attached: 1568394377582.jpg (1914x862, 668K)

>that tiny, tiny little beak
I bet he only went to seek out Wanderer because the other skeksis bullied him for being a beaklet.

I want to see those fuckers just walk around in the streets and peoples reactions to it. Would be a great marketing video.

They were just jealous of his looks and his fur. He is a pretty skek, and he had the coolest job.

Peppermint. Skeksis have horrible breath from all the essence

where did you even find this cursed image?

If a season 2 happens I hope they do it, quadling.

Her pupped is this small? And why did Netflix remove her giant tits with errect nipples?

based "hello!" poster

Unironically, fully unironically. I am a monster fucker now and less ashamed than I thought I would be.

How come SkekGra looks so young and healthy compared to the rest of the Skeks /apart from SkekMal obviously/
Is it because the others used to drain the crystal? If so, didn't they notice it was counterproductive?

He's on hardcore drugs

What other 80s/70s movie has an elaborate universe that just couldn't be explored in their original movie beause of bugetal and time constraints?

He is living in the wild like the Hunter. The others are stuck in a dark dank castle inhaling crystal fumes and being lazy and getting fat.

Did they build the Skekses from ground up or did they use the foundation from Dinosaurs?
The eyes look similar.

Attached: 4sj-kristall-1080p-s01e10.mkv_snapshot_27.15_[2019.09.12_02.11.07].jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

Phazon is a parasite that consumes and assimilates life. Darkening is life mutating to cannibalize each other for short-term survival.

Phazon = communism.
Darkening = capitalism.

Attached: you just know.jpg (1920x1080, 88K)

SCIENTIST

Attached: Emperor.jpg (240x240, 12K)

designated skeksis porn thread which is now dead

Nah only basedboys like you do.
The average joe didn't forget that she blamed Brea even when the Skeksis showed their true colour and Brea and her were trapped in a cage.

I feel it's implied the castle skeks are indeed deteriorating at a faster rate because of their abuse of the crystal + sitting around eating junk all day, getting fat and lazy.

kek

>MAKE ME SOME ESSENCE
>but sire I want to fight the gel-
>I SAID MAKE ME SOME FUCKING ESSENCE BEFORE I STRANGLE YOUR BALLS LIKE I DID YOUR PARROT

ARE YOU READY FOR MORE ACTION?

Attached: season2 leaked preview.png (691x291, 474K)

When will this guy show up?

I want to watch him bully podlings.

Attached: mac-smith-skeknamacsmithfin.jpg (1484x1920, 524K)

Blatant Rachni copy desu

Attached: wrex.jpg (341x401, 66K)

He goes bald in the movie and Augrah said the Hunter was the best looking one

Season 2 I imagine, alongside Skekshod and Skekung

When is my pirate waifu SkekNa coming?

I think he looked less ugly in the movie desu

literally started the same way

Attached: 4chan trolling in a nutshell.jpg (1598x1000, 511K)

>that cyber skeksis on the background
Damn, Netflix will really seem to heat things up in next season.

That’s her personal and incorrect taste.

Season 2 hopefully.

Also SkekSa is the pirate one.

Seeing him disembowel Gelflings with his book hand would be the shit, especially since he can apparently shapeshift

>I feel it's implied the castle skeks are indeed deteriorating at a faster rate because of their abuse of the crystal
The absolute irony

I still can't believe that this guy and his Mystic are voiced by Andy Samberg and Bill Hader, of all people

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the part where he is falling apart and his body seems filled with pus

boy do I hate podlings

Presumably a big part of S2 will be Rian looking for Deet or looking for a way to save her since they thought the won, before the Skeksis then their garthim army to kill everyone.

Nothing ironic about monsterfucking. Though, my impression is it's mainly women who get off to the thought of fucking actual grotesque, non-human-esque monsters.

>disembowel with a book hand

Thought I said SkekSa, sorry.

>Shapeshift

What?

Any news about season 2 confirmal?

I feel like it's mostly gay men personally desu

That being said, straight guys are definitely the least creative in that aspect. Fucking pussies with their monster girls faggotry

>Of all of his lying breed, skekNa is the most skilled in the art of deception. With blackmail and bribery, he recruits spies. And with help from the Ritual-Master, he can take on many forms – allowing him to walk among his enemies undetected.

I'm a dude who likes to jerk off to monster pussy/cloaca, but has absolutely no interest in actual animals or furshit, is that still weird?

Meant to say hook, fucking Podlings tampering with my keyboard

dumb fucking scientist

I think it might be confirmed around September 27-30.

Man this character made me kind of uncomfortable. Sure he got hoisted by his own petard, but abusing him after was too similar to exploiting some elderly person with dementia.

>>I would agree with you if it wasn't for the part where he is falling apart and his body seems filled with pus
that makes it hotter, I want to make him feel better. I am the kind of retard that adopts sick and dying animals

holy shit they made a second one?

Because nobody respects or trusts skekSil. They're well aware that his planning usually works and that he's a major cunt, so whenever he gets btfo they have a laugh about it.

Check out /aco/, there are some actual hetero monster fuckers

It's already confirmed, only waiting for the official announcement.

You're one of the good ones, user

It seems Netflix isn't happy with the clicks the show is getting. Budget was close to 8 million an episode too. But not doing a second season now would be stupid since the puppets and sets are already build. Well I guess the sets have already been knocked down but they would be reassabled [/spoiller]

Unless all the celeb VA want even more money for season 2. Then we are fucked.

>Implying average Joes have empathy

>It seems Netflix isn't happy with the clicks the show is getting.
AoR is one of the biggest hits of this month and only in third place in views after Stranger Things and some other popular show, what are you even talking about?

We’re also following the girl who made the porn comic on social media so some of that stuff is reposted here and there.

nah, as long as the fictional monster has human sentience and intelligence its fine. Everyone has had a monster crush at some point

Didn't it come out like couple weeks ago?

>implying that people pay attention to Netflix-marketing
>implying that Netflix markets anything
>implying current year zoomers are capable of sitting down watching anything that isn't reality TV or eceleb youtuber trash

So? Just because it's 3rd doesn't mean they are happy with it.
And the show was actually more expansive than number 1, 13 Reasons Why.

was/is the thread on /trash/ or /aco/?

If 13 Memesons Why has 3 seasons but TDC doesn't even get a second one I'm going to shit myself

With most of the sets being done, Season 2 being cheaper to make and Netflix needing things to cling to after Disney+'s arrival, I think Season 2 does have a shot.

You are aware it won't cost that much in second season as most of the puppets and sets are already been done, right?

so the current theory is that the ded general isn't the same general from the film? or he's in the crystal and he'll come back in S2, bullshit

the fucking film is a constraint at this point, fucking null it and just end the story in 3 seasons, just ignore the fucking film

I really hope so
A big part of the budget went straight to the voice actors and they won't become cheaper

Different general. Series one is skekVar. Movie one is skekUng.

They're completely different people, dumbasd

Attached: 1568783212716.jpg (720x960, 232K)

It'd be kino if he was one of the gelfling from S1 the whole time.

Gelfling thread was on /aco/, skeksis thread was on /trash/

No it's a different Skeksis that will become General 2. Currently he is living in the wild as the Garthim-Master

Attached: 600full-laura-san-giacomo sweater.jpg (600x450, 133K)

thank you

Sleep tight SkekSo

There are no garthim tho

There is no theory, they are different characters. skekUng is the general from the movie and he's mentioned by name in episode 9 or 10, he's one of the skeks that isn't at the castle.
General in the TV series is skekVar, who isn't in the movie.

Why did they have to cast only celebs... like anyone cares who voices the Ritual Master.

>Yfw he's Hup