In your view, was Randle McMurphy mentally ill all along?

In your view, was Randle McMurphy mentally ill all along?
I believe he was.

Attached: McMurphy.jpg (950x532, 95K)

if he was crazy, did he really die in the end, was chief his imaginary friend/hallucination?

he was not, you can see him become more unstable as the movie progresses

how can you tell? maybe he was just irish

>unstable

That's another word for mentally ill, though.

no, he just wanted to get out of prison.
though the book mentions that he has enough willpower to go through ECT several times on purpose after starting the fight so maybe

Define mentally ill. Where do you draw the line? Is pathological defiance a mental illness? And I'm not saying it isn't, it very well could be. Rachet was a bitch who got off on control (thus mentally ill in her own way), but you have to be a cunt to keep the retards in order.
Tough call to be honest, that's why I don't like analyzing things and instead make impulse judgements unironically.

"Mentally ill" has become a political diagnosis, and is no longer a scientific or medical diagnosis.

The whole point of the movie is that McMurphy isn't crazy. He's a mischief maker more than anything, mostly harmless. It's the institution and the actors in that institution, most notably Nurse Ratched, who are sadistic and mad. The mental asylum doesn't really seek to help the men. It barely tries to understand them. It only exists to punish them and keep them useless. Mac refuses to surrender his nature and is destroyed.

Way to let the meaning of the movie sail over your head, pleb.

mentally ill hands typed this post

Tbf that’s always been the case if you study the hx of psychiatry

It's always been political, or more specifically social. Read Foucault.

very redpilled thread so far desu

based Tom

McMuprhy was impulsive, but above all, violent. That in itself is a mental illness, and the icing on the cake was when he tried to literally kill Ratchet solidified the state's decision to put him there. The ability to haphazardly kill another person is also a mental illness.

It's just a shame the staff didn't fully understand the monster lurking within until it was almost too late. The lobotomy was justifiable.

t. future garlic festival shooter

This.
>Oh you don't like what the Jews are doing to this country?
>You have depression Goy! Take this pill and your troubles will fade away!

Nah schizophrenics who hear voices eat their own shit and see imaginary people are definitely "mentally ill" my friends

A diagnosis of mental illness depends entirely on the system of ethics, psychology, and political motives I choose to apply.

Holy shit theres an actual nutcase in the thread lmao

You unironically need antipsychotic medication before you hurt somebody

>mostly harmless
He almost killed someone out of impulse.

>the actors in that institution, most notably Nurse Ratched, who are sadistic and mad
It's their job. People have to do their job. Do you not have one?

>The mental asylum doesn't really seek to help the men
The majority of patients in that film are voluntary.

>Mac refuses to surrender his nature and is destroyed.
He's destroyed because he acted on his violent tendencies. He had the choice to escape or, even better, not try to strangle Ratchet.

>Way to let the meaning of the movie sail over your head, pleb
You're just a retarded individual who read "professional" 2deep4u interpretations and labeled it as objective.'

kys

If you aren't a divergent thinker (a.k.a nutcase) you really don't belong on Yea Forums. You can't offer any insights outside of the mainstream, so why bother offering your opinion at all? You see the dilemma? I think you'd be much happier on Reddit.

>Nurse Ratched, who are sadistic and mad
Nurses aren't psychologists, therapists or psychiatrists. Its not her job to "treat" the mentally ill.

>Thinks Yea Forums has been outside of the mainstream since 2009

Attached: reddit sign.jpg (478x487, 94K)

>Take the pills, Goy!
Haha, nah.

Attached: 1569005713239.jpg (600x399, 71K)

He was a cumbrain.

actually now the thread is getting pretty bluepilled

>Men cut off their cock and balls with a knife, dress in women's clothes, and demand to be referred to as women.
Not mentally ill.
>Hey, that guy likes to keep to himself. What a weirdo.
Antisocial personality disorder. Get him on some medication before he hurts someone Dr. Shecklestein!

This. Nowadays, psychiatry has lost all meaning and is worthless.

>nowadays

Attached: 51r4PbABz-L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (236x346, 22K)

Give me a quick rundown.

depending on the diagnosis maybe.
as pointed out there's some stuff that's insanity no matter what. it becomes political when used to stigmatize targeted groups or ideas but that doesn't mean genuinely insane people that need help aren't real.