Why do people hate on the Buu saga so much?

I thought it was pretty decent. It contained some of the coolest shit in the series like SSJ3 and Gotenks.

Attached: dragon_ball_z__dbz__nuevo_logo_by_saodvd_d8rx6aw-fullview.png (1024x576, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S4E83RKavUU
youtube.com/watch?v=lmU9e67EfmI
youtu.be/kVdlBxdqv8s
youtube.com/watch?v=tTelnNmRUH0
youtube.com/watch?v=INlntMXEe_I&t=70s
youtube.com/watch?v=2FmrR7JID7s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's paced badly and most people thought that returning to a jokey style and making the battle forms over the top ridiculous was lame.

Autists took power levels seriously and started watching during the Cell saga so they thought DBZ's tone was grim hard scifi

it's not canon.

Gotenks is an awful character

according to who?

Gohan never flourished

Buu was kino

PACO FUCK OFF, PLEASE

Gotenks is based

cry some more faggot

Theme kino incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=S4E83RKavUU

kino

Take your weebshit to

>Gohan never flourished
This. Made one of the coolest characters ever and fucking cucked him

I generally prefer the Japanese score but Falcouner did have some kino themes

Gohan was a cry baby bitch

>pass user
Y I K E R S

I hate the Great Saiyaman saga
Like 40 episodes of nothing but filler

youtube.com/watch?v=lmU9e67EfmI

>coolest shit in the series
>SSJ3
>fucking Gotenks
>not Mystic Gohan
>not the temptation and redemption of Vegeta

Attached: 484888.jpg (811x603, 66K)

Dragonball is only a mediocre battle shounen by todays standards. One Piece and Hunter x Hunter are a million times better and outshine Dragonball in EVERY.SINGLE.CATEGORY.

It starts and ends well (beside Uub timeskp), but the middle section is a drag. Just a series of long ass battles that don't go anywhere. Toriyama also fucked Gohan over as the protagonist.

Why didnt Goku just go SSJ 3 and dab on Marjin Vegeta?

Mystic Gohan is lame.
>Hey Gohan, rather than train or face any trials in order to become powerful, just sit here and go through a long ass ritual instead!

Not fair comparison honestly. One Piece especially is a prime example of genius world building and long-term storytelling written by someone who exactly knows what he is doing with his characters and where he wants to go with his story. Heck, there is hardly ANY other manga that comes even close to it in that regard.

The kinoest
youtu.be/kVdlBxdqv8s
Only Goku Migatte no Gokui comes close.

ENTER CHADREN

Attached: ENTER CHADREN.jpg (735x987, 65K)

Stop saying retarded shit like this, or crap like "it was supposed to end after freeza/cell" etc.
You've been proven wrong countless times stupid border jumper.

youtube.com/watch?v=tTelnNmRUH0

Absolutely based!

Attached: 1554352151116.jpg (500x376, 49K)

Only faggots do

didnt he get fucking rekt already

While Toriyama was making everything up as he went along, it really, really caught up with him in the Buu saga. The entire thing is a fucking mess and Toriyama clearly just makes shit up as it goes along, there's no pacing and half of the plot developments are completely random.

Cell had higher highs, but the Buu Saga was consistently good and pushed the franchise out of it's comfort zone for the first time since Demon Piccolo. That's why I will always prefer it.

youtube.com/watch?v=INlntMXEe_I&t=70s

Attached: dab2581bf4026a9dde0eac825ece58c2.jpg (720x1147, 166K)

Vegeta was the best character in DBZ

Bullshit! You and every kid thought Gohan was the most badass ever when he stomped Cell and his Jrs. No one thought Gohan was garbage until Buu saga shat on him.

Because Toriyama hadnt even thought of SSJ3 yet. He writes as he goes. Doesnt plan shit

Nope. Cope, monkey

I always thought Gohan was a faggot I was a Tien Chad

youtube.com/watch?v=2FmrR7JID7s

Remember when Tien dabbed on Cell?

Only border jumpers like Buu in my experience

It's just Gohanfags mad that his five minutes of fame ended, or dubfags mad that it wasn't as "serious" as the rest of Z. The Buu saga is great, full of twists and great jokes.

Attached: Buu drink.png (1280x720, 594K)

It's just a bunch of dumb bullshit Toriyama pulls out his ass each week. Vegeta is evil again! No now he's good but he blew himself up! Goku is SS3! Goten and Trunks Fuse! Gohan is potential unleashed! Never mind we brought Vegeta back and he's going to do another type of fusion with Goku! Oh shit Buu blew up the Earth! No never mind we can fix it. By this point all tension or possible stakes had dissipated and really nothing Dragon Ball related has managed to regain them. Buu was a terrible villains since he never felt threatening, he only survived due to the main cast being literally retarded. Plus his character is constantly changing going from retard child who didn't know what he was doing was bad, to evil retard child, to pink Cell ripoff, to screeching ape retard. It might as well have had 4 different shitty antagonists. Then they completely botched any develop for any character other than Vegeta, the only one who came out looking good from this arc. There are some good individual moments but overall it's pretty shit.

>Buu Saga was consistently good
More like consistent trash.

Every high moment or point of interest in the Buu saga is undermined or made pointless later on by something else.

>fun & friendly tournament with the Z fighters
>nope gotta save the world plot

>Vegeta sacrifices himself in a redemptive moment ending his arc
>nope lets bring him back to life even though he isnt even strong enough to do shit

>gohan is training with a badass sword
>nope the sword breaks and contains a magic power up mcguffin
>the power looks cool but its made pointless within 2 episodes after half a season of build up

>goku goes ssj3
>retroactively shits on his fight earlier with Vegeta

>Trunks/Goten/Gotenks built up for half a season
> nope useless, not funny and make thensuper saiyan achievements jokes

It was scifi for two out of three arcs. Saiyan/Namek/Frieza sage was about space warfare with a tyrannical organization led by a mutant of his race.
Android/Cell saga was about time travel, cyborgs and bio-androids.
Buu saga went full magic, which was normal in DB, but not in DBZ.

Attached: 1548814527464.jpg (685x960, 157K)

>>goku goes ssj3
>>retroactively shits on his fight earlier with Vegeta
come on, this one was okay. It showed goku wanted the fight too, even if he couldn't truly lose, he wanted to fight vegata at what would be their limits so long he didn't curb stomp him. Also makes vegata's acceptance of his superiority better, because he never really confronted it head to head.

Ah, yes! The beginnings of Gokus characterization in Super. Will let friends, family and innocents die so he can get a good fight

Buu saga is fucking kino because of Vegeta. The first part of Dragon Ball is Goku's influence making people better and bringing them redemption. The second half (or the Z anime) is about Vegeta's, Goku's hardest redemption job which only ends in the Buu saga
>Android saga. Vegeta has to stay on Earth but still wants to go back to his cold mercenary self
>Krilling points out to a scared Bulma that most of Goku's friends started out as enemies (Himself who he says "hated" Goku, Piccolo, Tienshinhan, Yamcha) but that Goku influenced them into being better people when fighting against a common threat, and that they should let Vegeta stay and fight against the androids because of it
>Vegeta is obsessed with overcoming Goku by proving Goku's theory and going "past" the Super Saiyan first. Goku's son overcomes the Super Saiyan instead.
>Vegeta only shows concern for someone else when his son dies. Helps Gohan beat Cell by distracting him (technically Gohan only beat Cell because of Vegeta really)
>is saddened Goku died because he feels he bested him and he will now never get the chance to settle the score. Wonders if Goku's secret is that he fights to defend people he cares about
>Buu saga. Shown not to have a good relationship with his son. Hasn't really adjusted to life on Earth like everybody else thinks
>finally gets the chance to fight Goku again, which is interrupted by the whole Buu event
>is so mad at this he lets himself get possessed to fuck with everyone and force Goku to fight him
>finds no pleasure in it. Goku points out that he obviously came to care about Bulma and Trunks
>hugs his son for the first time and kills himself to try and stop Buu. Fails
>is given a second chance and finally throws away his pride to fuse with Goku to stop Buu and avenge Bulma and Trunks. They fail
>finally admits Goku is better because he fights for others and to enjoy himself, while Vegeta fights to kill
contd.

Attached: MJDokkanCard.png (852x1136, 1.67M)

Dragon Ball fans are crybabies and literally hate their own franchise. There's people that hate the Cell arc now, like they're everywhere even though most fans agree that it's one of the best and most memorable. Not sure what the reason is for this, maybe TFS convinced everyone to treat DB as a joke

>is revived along with the "revive all good people wish", which means Goku finally comments he is offficially become a good guy
>HE comes up with the plan to kill Buu, by using the technique Goku used on him on their first fight hears ago
>they kill Buu together
>bro thumbs up to one another
Also Buu is just fucking fun. Unlike Freeza and Cell he is the perfect mix of Dragon Ball's comic and serious nature in one villain. Only bad thing is he kinda comes up from nowhere

Attached: PreciousImpoliteGopher-size_restricted.gif (500x280, 965K)

I still think it should've ended with Vegeta's atonement killing Buu and I will fight anyone that disagrees.

Well let's fight it out then you low class scum see you in the desert

I am going to crush you

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

One Piece is the true successor to Dragonball

Vegeta is the angry manlet that never could.
Goku is the hero that saved many worlds, multiple times, and still had time to save Vegeta's soul. Vegeta is the one with the great "character development" but Goku is the man and deserved the win.

Attached: 1555635887332.jpg (342x316, 73K)

It was for nerds and bestboy vegeta got shit on too much. DBZ is really trash as whole atleast DB has more fanservice and young bulma and gohanbitch didn't exist yet.

>inb4 thousand pedros come out in force for blasting their precious gohan

Buu saga was literally Vegeta's shining moment what the fuck are you talking about

My ideal would've been for them to still somehow fit in all the fun and antics of the Buu saga, but still have it end with Vegeta's sacrifice killing Buu. I just feel like it would've been the perfect full circle.

>Vegeta is super strong! he will defeat the antagonist!
>Just joking (for the 100th time...)

Vegeta > Freiza > Cell > Buu

>this Freeza misspelling again
It's either Freeza or Frieza damn it not Freiza

yes, it's a bad idea for a series, but as the closing chapter to DBZ it works

We can at least all agree from what I see that Super's existance was pointless

Super is kino and have us the strongest character of all time, SJJ Blue Vegito

Toriyama was legit going to end the Buu Saga with Gohan as main hero, presumably as the Great Saiyaman.

You can literally tell he was going to do Great Saiyaman, Great Saiyawoman and Buu as the Sidekick turned evil

I became too old to watch shows for children around the same time that they first aired the Cell arc. It's a natural cut off point for the series, since Goku dies again and by the established rules can't be brought back, Gohan comes into his own, Trunks goes back to his future and kills the androids there, and there's no more space tyrants or other ghosts from the past to rise up and threaten the heroes.

I never understood the manchildren who kept watching past that.

Cell was more of a showman and entertainer than villain. The fun is pretty much watching him figure out what he wants to do his his perfection.

It's a natural progression of 17 and 18 killing people for fun

nah bruh. He got some development but it just nailed in the coffin his character as some villain punching bag to buy time for goku. Buu was just dumb that it took some fuckhuge spirit bomb to kill. Vegeta should've just got the final kill or atleast gohan even though gohan is annoying.

Attached: disgust.jpg (207x243, 5K)

Retarded opinion and retarsed reason for it, considering Super also made that "strongest character"'s existance last for an hour

>I thought it was pretty decent.
I agree it's underrated
>It contained some of the coolest shit in the series like SSJ3 and Gotenks.
lol

Buu is legit Lavos tier. You have to beat it's layers and the core to defeat the monster.

Mystic Gohan is just a watered down version of Goku during the last Tournament before the Timeskip

One Piece is more Asterix and Obelix than Dragonball. Only Toei and Jump wants it to be the next Dragonball because they pissed off Togashi and Kubo trying to shill it.

Gotenks isn't useless, they hold Super Buu back for a while

>Achieve SSj 3 in a weekend

Super Buu was trolling the fuck out of them the entire time and used them as a means to absorb Gohan. Jigaboo was the smartest one of the incarnations

Because they fused
It still kept Buu busy for a while. And it's not Gotenks' fault that Gohan is shit and got absorbed so quick

They were beaten Super Buus ass untill they split, he raged so hard he tore a portal in time and space

Gotenks is fucking awful

goku going ss3 was the coolest most hypest shit in the world. still gives me goosebumbs. that yell, people around earth stopping in their tracks wondering wtf is happening, that skyscrapper cracking, etc. seeing that air for the first time when i was 12 was the most i ever enjoyed tv

That started as early as Goku telling Krillin to spare Vegeta just because he wanted to fight him again

He even acknowledged he was being selfish and Vegeta would probably be back to murder them all

If you don't think SSJ3 is cool then you're low T simple as

Gotenks was only a match for Super Buu as a SSJ3. During their first fight Super Buu was winning, and Gotenks pretended he had used all of his power for dramatic effect.

Piccolo thought he was serious and destroyed the door to the RoSaT, apparently trapping them all which is what made Buu freak out

That's not why Super Buu raged though, he raged because Piccolo told him there were no sweets in the dimension they were locked inside.

I think original dragon ball was the overall best show, but because it was aimed more towards children/early teens I have a harder time enjoying it as an adult. But it was really well made. Dbz was good for it’s own reasons, the storylines were less coherent at times especially buu saga and it had its flaws, like the original had episodes that were way too drawn out but dbz kai was too condensed, had a shitty soundtrack in comparison in my opinion and there was a lot lost in condensing it so much even if the pace wasn’t so maddeningly slow(the slow pace of the original was bad and good at the same time for different reasons I won’t get into, but those of you who watched it know what I mean). Gt was not as good as dragon ball or dbz, but I enjoyed it anyway for what it was. It kind of combined the adventure of dragonball with the high stakes intense fights and insane power levels of dbz. Again it had its problems but I enjoyed it. Super just seems like a modern version of dbz, it’s more polished in animation but other then that it’s mostly just a worse updated version. I can’t think of anything positive that’s added, but it just doesn’t feel high stakes even though technically it is, there’s little to no tension, shitty transformations, horrible characters that make no sense like the female saiyans from the other universe(really they just go super saiyan in like 5 seconds? And they are insanely annoying). I still enjoy super for what it is though. It’s sad that almost everyone agrees the shows have gotten worse with every iteration(even if some like super more then gt, they agree with the general trend). It seems like this is the direction everything is taking(Star Wars being another example). We are never surprised by a remake reboot or continuation being BETTER, or way better then the previous ones. Imagine they came out with a new dragon ball show and it was the best one ever. Anyone think that’s even possible anymore?

Seriously how did we get here? There’s no reason the new Star Wars movie for instance can’t be the best one of the whole series. The original 3 were good but far from the best of all time. And they are throwing enough money at these movies they can hire the best director, actors, editors etc that exist. And yet even fans of the new movies will admit there’s 0 chance the new movie will be the best so far. Why? We have all accepted that almost everything new coming out will be worse, we just hope it’s still watchable. People don’t even hold out hope for 10/10 movies or shows anymore, and we all accept that new adaptations or continuations of good shows or movies will be worse it’s just a matter of how much. How did we lose all creativity and passim in all media? It’s so bad the new generation spends a bunch of their time watching random retards on YouTube instead of film or television(though I’d argue some of that is due to zoomers being literally brain dead, but they have a point, media coming out today is far worse then 10-20 years ago even). What happened?