Will 8K Televisions improve the picture quality of existing 1080p and 4K kinos?

>falling for the 4K meme
>getting a TV under 60 inches

You should have kept your 1080p screen and waited for 8K to come.

Why does Yea Forums watch their kinos on such small screens?

youtube.com/watch?v=DIQVqwAG4aQ

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f/settings
youtube.com/watch?v=VxNBiAV4UnM
youtu.be/V8BVTHxc4LM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does she get all this free shit when her videos rarely ever go past 200k views?

Why don't you have a giant TV?

Every day there is someone shilling a tv. What is your endgame

>Will 8K Televisions improve the picture quality of existing 1080p and 4K kinos?

No that's not how it works

more pixels

Women don't know shit about tech, go back to makeup you dumb slut.
Where's my gayboy twink Linus or that nerdy black guy.

Why not just wait for the inevitable release of the 16k screens.
Or even better for the 32k models?

>Why not just wait for the inevitable release of the 16k screens.
too far away. 8K is here.

got a 65in 1080p tv it looks and i dont need anything more

forgot pic

Attached: 09cgpm3x_o.jpg (2560x1920, 1012K)

are you playing yify movies?

I got my 43" 4k HDR tv for 200 bucks. Easy decision considering I hadn't treated myself to a new tv in years. I couldn't believe they were that cheap, so who gives a shit honestly. Pretty sure I paid more for my 32" ctr back in 2003.

> Making enough money that buying a new TV and selling the old one isn't a big deal.

Feels good.

no lol i just have a shitty phone i own the 4 movie blu ray set

More generated pixels.

>tfw 60" 1080p 120hz LCD chad

Attached: 1505000723928.png (854x480, 325K)

what next, 16K?

They should make an 8k crt

looks bad

65 in 4k, what am i in for with mi?

Attached: 20190920_223228.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

what was the resolution of movie projectors back in the 90s? I'm curious at what point do home systems surpass theaters

Attached: Jurassic.Park.1993.1080p.BRrip.x264.mp4_snapshot_01.37.36_[2017.09.15_22.20.12].png (1920x1040, 3.37M)

4k will be the last physical format released and looks amazing with the right equipment. 8k is pointless at this point until we finally get completely uncompressed streams which will probably take another 20 years to achieve perfect 8k stream. 4k streams are fucking trash right now.

upgrade your camera

for me? suicide

35mm, supposedly it goes a little bit beyond 8k.

Don't expect to be too impressed by that. Start getting some UHD discs and a nice 4k player or if you're a cheap bastard just dl the remux.

Most of the time you don't get to keep it. You either have to give it back or pass it to the next reviewer.

>Not having a 65 inch 4k for years already
stop being poor

>being an early adopter
no
>not having an 82 inch tv
you're the poorfag

damn, so even today we only barely surpassed it

recs for a good 4k player?

You probably got fleeced by the marketing terminology they use to make you think you got more than 60hz. You can hook it up to your computer if you want to test it.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (674x179, 19K)

Nvidia Shield or wait for Amazon's new FireTV announcement next week.

It's true 120hz.

Depends on your budget. If money's no object get an oppo otherwise the higher end sony and panasonic are the way to go. Make sure you get a nice hdmi cable too. Xbox one s and x aren't half bad but if you can get a stand alone player then do it.

Maybe, actually. But not because they're 8k resolution, specifically, but because they're mandating certain minimums for black level, contrast, brightness etc. to get a "real" 8k certification.

PS4 Pro good? I have one

Soon it will be like in Total REcall, where your window can be a screen to anywhere you want, and it looks like you are in the woods or the ocean or with someone who cares about you

Attached: 1540614802954.jpg (668x483, 37K)

No. It doesn't play UHD discs which is crazy when you think about it... Microsoft plays a prestige sony format and Sony doesn't. Look at a sony x800. Maybe wait for black friday because I'll bet the models will drop to $150ish.

i just watch 720p compressed 1gb rips on my shitty laptop. i honestly don't give a fuck about quality.

>x800
this is retarded. never buy IPS displays

You're fucking retarded. He already has a tv.

IPS has the best viewing angles and richest colors.

>IPS has the best viewing angles and richest colors.
Worst contrast and uniformity which is most important in a TV. You got ripped off.

Not him, but name a better tv pls

wish i had that. 4K looks like shit and I hate looking at it.

The X900F is a much better Sony panel

LG OLEDs of course

Lol how does 4k look like shit? VHS and dvd look like shit, blu ray can look average but overall good most of the time. 4k is literally a videophiles dream.

some shit doesn't need to be that CLEAR, fuck you can tell that it's a set half the time. I don't watch many movies anyway lol.

poorfag laptop watcher cope

I still can't get used to standard HD

It makes a lot of movies looks fake and cold

Attached: 1529709150950s.jpg (250x222, 7K)

no it doesnt

They are old and fake though. I'm the exact opposite as you, I feel like for the first time since theatrical releases people can finally truly see the film as the director intended. Home video is at a golden peak right now and it's a shame if someone can't see that.

I'm going to wait for 8K to come out and 4K prices drop to replace my monitor with a 4K one.

Yeah. I keep hearing 35mm film is around 8k, so I figure you might as well skip over 4K and wait for 8K which is about on par with a good film print.

>not just beaming images right into your optic nerves
cyber pleb

Attached: CYBERPUNK2099FIXEDsm.jpg (600x800, 195K)

No, that's the refresh rate that does that. Quality is just quality and does nothing past 1080p other than allowing you to get bigger screens.
1080p on a 24" is almost indistinguishable from 4k on a 50". Double the pixels but double the area to cover.
Refresh rate is the Devil here. Most had t.v.s are 120hz and 240hz nowadays. What you want is to find an hd t.v. with the old fashioned 60hz. They do exist and you are welcome.

Sorry, us Chads have a 55" 4K HDR OLED with a curved panel

Boys, should I get a 4k hdr projector?

Quantum LED or Organic LED?

3:4 CRT masterrace here

MicroLED when it comes out

>getting a TV under 60 inches
I've owned tvs larger than 60 inches, and the picture's so large that it feels like it's not 1:1 scale during segments of a program where a character's head and part of their shoulders are displayed. This might sound strange, but I've found the more immersive screens to be the ones where there's this feeling that you're not watching giants. I've found 40" screens to be ideal where it seems like the images on screen are more to scale with your surroundings. Sit about 5 ft away from the screen, and you'll have a pretty accurate experience .. if any of that makes sense.

Whats the point in making these over 9000K giants tv if me and every zoomer i know watch everything on our smartphones?

Attached: EEQ9ZQ8XUAY4aPu.jpg (628x1024, 108K)

You sound like my wife. She wouldn't let me put the tv I wanted in the family room and only wanted a 40" max. Said whatever and told her that I'm doing whatever I want in the basement. Best decision ever, women just don't understand.

You won’t be poor forever buddy, you are just young. When I was young and poor I watched stuff on a shitty laptop.

Putting a TV in the living room is not classy. Get a viewing room.

Is there even anything to watch in 8K? i don't see 8K being push or marketed that much. Also can you guys tell the difference from 4k and 8k is there a big jump in quality?

Most shit on television or streaming services isn’t in 4K still. Not sure why they are jumping the gun so much on this. We are probably a decade away from full adoption of 4k, maybe then it would make sense to start with 8k. Now is way too early

I said family room. The living room is the one without a tv you poor classless pleb.

>I said family room. The living room
same thing

>4k and 8k is there a big jump in quality

Nothing is in 8k and hardly anyone buys 4k. Shit's weird already trying to sell 8k when most people are still transitioning to blu ray. I think it's all because of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

>being so poor he literally doesn't have both rooms.

Just stop now, you've already embarrassed yourself enough.

4k is most TVs so you're dumb

I was talking about the source you stupidass zoomer. Just because everyone has a 4k tv doesn't mean they're all watching 4k material. All 4k streams are compressed garbage lower than a standard blu ray and no one buys 4k discs. Dumbass.

So what? It upscales fine. The processor inside is faster to play more mkv rips. Why not buy it? It's stupid to stick to 1080p when 4K is cheap now.

They're not going to be able to push 8K over the air or streaming forever, then your new TV goes in the kitchen or over your toilet or bedroom or whatever.

Gay

Why do i need a fucking online guide to see hdr, i cant get this shit to work on win10 kodi or vlc, can any anonbros halp

you need an hdr capable screen and hdr encoded video.

I got both, why doesn't it work, manually tried to set the tv to hdr10 and hlg, looks worse than normal, what am i missing here?

>looks worse than normal
sounds like you got a TV with bad peak HDR brightness or you haven't optimized the settings

Can't be, it's a 65 inch sony bravia that costed 1350 euros

model number?

KD65XF9005BAEP

rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f/settings
follow this

8K TVs will make 1080p and 4K videos worst because of upscaling. I bet a shitty upscaling method will be used in an attempt to show the need for 8K content.

don't buy a tv with a shitty upscaler then...

>set the 'HDMI signal format' to 'Enhanced format'
I can only do this when a HDR video is playing otherwise I get a green screen, and the video is just as dark as otherwise, I'm thinking there's something I have to do in the nvidia settings?

no idea what else you have connected there, m8. just follow the settings as best you can with both devices.

Beyond silly you have to jump thru these many hoops, it's just a win 10pc with nvidia 1070gtx ti, I changed hdmi ports and checked all those settings, no luck

>it's just a win 10pc with nvidia 1070gtx ti,
oh jesus. good luck. just turn that PC into a NAS.

Maybe try not watching shit through your computer like a weirdo? Just a thought

htpc retards never learn

da fuck? it's as direct as can be, wtf am i supposed to do?!

Do what all the smart people do. Use your PC as a NAS simply to store video, and connect it to your TV via DLNA or SMB or NFS through your home network. Your TV will decode all the video itself. That's how I play HDR rips.

literally the most retarded thing I've ever heard, what you like slower and clunkier UI's and navigation? You like waiting times before your video starts? You wanna guess at what episode you're at in a series

Kodi on pc masterrace

I think you are the retarded one, user. You can run Kodi on your TV and just use your PC as the networked storage.

Try this

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (716x846, 124K)

htpc cucks never learn.

How come the pc res options are so low? 1680x1050 is the highest I can try. I tried one with the color settings like you did and tried an hdr vid and still too dark, absolutely ridiuclous.

Why? Do you like waiting for your videos to load? Why not just play them locally? Wtf do you navigate your kodi with? TV remotes and smartphone apps are cancer.

>Wtf do you navigate your kodi with?
My remote. Kodi plays directly from my NAS through gigabit ethernet. They load instantly.

>How come the pc res options are so low?
>1680x1050 is the highest I can try.
Because you're using a terrible LCD display from 2006.

I couldn't give up my xbox one wireless controller or easy keyboard searching myself, don't see the benefit of doing it your way.

I installed it on the tv and it won't find upnp server, but my apps do, fucking computers

Why the fuck would you bother with 8k when there isn't any content in that resolution, and most 4k is just upscaled 2k anyway

8k is actually a great resolution because pretty much every previous resolution standard cleanly integer scales into it.
I could easily see it being endgame and manufacturers needing to explore other feature sets to sell their TVs in due time.

>tv cucks
>Not being a projector chad

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

It's a recent direct led sony so nope, i can just use 4k 60hz on top of the list without an issue

Try increasing the media players brightness setting.

Also if you want higher resolutions you just go into the "customize" setting. There's tons of weird shit in there but its fairly straight forward if you just want to increase resolution.

it could literally be the cable you're using.
Try displayport 1.3 and get back to us.

This, very much this.

>it's the 8k shilling thread again

recommendations?

based boomer, some movies were meant for vhs on a crt

apparently the ultra high res settings are also pc, but then I can't change output dynamic range and color depth, it's grayed out.

I'm beginning to think this hdmi cable might be the reason, but hdmi is all I can use here, so even though it's a recent cable it's probably not one hdr compatible? I have no idea anymore

You don’t get to keep it.

HDMI has its own specs and revisions too, generally the newer version numbers have more bandwidth in order to display higher resolutions, framerates and color depth.

Expensive TVs are peak boomer. Who gives a fuck how good your TV is when most of your time is spent on other things? The TV is no longer the centre of the house.

dont buy chink shit

ps4 pro can easily do 4k at high framrate.
so ps5 will do at least 8k, ps5 pro even more plus it will have a new storage technologie and cool light effects called RGB

this bait is more likely to work here than on Yea Forums or /g/ I'll give you that

>Disgusting vignetting
Nope!

but also
>many projectors werent properly in focus
>film scratches over time, there is a significant difference between the first day and the third week of exhibition
>chemical process isnt an exact science, there can be weird errors and big color differences between two copies
>sometimes the film broke and the the projectionists had to stop the projection, glue it and start the film again

*start the reel again

Ever watched The Expanse in bog standard 1080p on a 4K screen? Looks amazing. I could swear it was 4K (Yes I know it's avail;able 4K UHD rips but my SSD is cramped and I aon't paying for streaming).

>buying a tv at all when you can get a bigger, better picture from a projector for the same price

Attached: 1417886427721.gif (500x380, 169K)

QLED can reproduce colors and gradients better than OLED. Maybe if they can use that second layer LCD that switched on individual pixels for blacks without halos it might be worthwhile over OLED. The viewing angles seems to have been sorted out. My biggest complaint about LCD/LED is the vignetting at the edges and corners. You can clearly see it on that display. There appeared to be some other artifacts (looked like vertical bars) but that might just be the menus. Price is also another factor. I want a 120Hz display with low latency and full HDMI 2.1 capability as well.

8K is the limit of what the human eye can perceive apparently

Only just discovered CRT projectors yesterday. So heavy they need a crane to be placed in a ceiling.

8K is only relevant for really large displays. Couple with viewing distance you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
We need higher framerates and better motion not more pixels. Playing 8H video is also very demanding on hardware. Go play that 8K Peru video on Youtube and see.

it is known only dumb niggers put lights behind tvs

youtube.com/watch?v=VxNBiAV4UnM

still have a 32" 1080i crt since nothing really caught up until oled

how do you even buy new tvs?

everyone I know seems to get one every 5 years because they either break or there is a new model

Anything past 1080p is pointless when it's still all blurry 24fps low frame rate shit.

>how do you even buy new tvs?
by not being a loser

>can you guys tell the difference from 4k and 8k

You will struggle to tell the difference between 1080p and 4k on anything under about 80".

>smart tv's
Enjoy your botnet

Is this the Yea Forums version of 'you don't need more than 60FPS'?

Yeah I cant wait to watch all 8K content thats out there.

I disliked your video, fuck you.

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON OVERPRICED GRANULAR IMPROVMENTS TO ALREADY MATURED TECHNOLOGY.

The law of diminishing returns takes place with resolution and around 1080p is the sweet spot if you're sitting at like 3-4 feet from your tv. You're wasting your money.

Also even the top line 8k tvs of today pale in comparison to top tier CRT monitors in some departments. I think this is telling that spending $5000 on a new tv does not guarantee that it is any 'better' than a tv that came out 3 years ago. Each new step in technology has its own advantages and drawbacks.

Fucking brainlets that just assume "new = good" are what these big technology companys bank on to sell their goods.

youtu.be/V8BVTHxc4LM

I just wish 3D TVs would come back :(