People only like Citizen Kane because it was the first film to actually have cinematography...

People only like Citizen Kane because it was the first film to actually have cinematography, before this movie people basically just shot their films like plays with the camera in one place the whole time.

Attached: kane.jpg (960x1440, 301K)

do you even Hitchcock

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Who?

Huh?

I didn't even make it 30 minutes in. I was streaming it for some people on Stickam and they were all bored too.

What the fuck? I can't believe you posted that.

You don't like it? I find the story pretty interesting, reminds me a bit of Andrew Ryan from Bioshock. Orson Welles is fucking cool.

I watched it twice in one week about 8 years ago. I bought the two-disc dvd with commentary tracks trying to get into what made this great. I walked away convinced that it's an acceptable option for best of all time. It's not my favorite but I respect it very much. I think alot of people are bored with b&w 40s movies frankly. They'd never admit to it but that's a factor. To each their own but I've always been able to lock into a movie and pay attention.

your mutt sucks

Your face sucks.

It's pretty decent.

This is the typical response of people who don’t get it

Try something easier next time, eurotard

What? Is this bait post? If so how are you doing Adam? Also how come you don’t get that Welles is one of the greatest directors ever.

>I don't want you to go

Attached: jermalien.png (796x709, 775K)

>black & white
>relevant cinematography
doesn't count, like silent movies. no one makes silent or black & white movies anymore so they are practically worthless. for all intensive purposes, movies began with the first one that was with sound and in color (which is iirc The Wizard Oz)

webm related, it's like the type of person that watches old b&w movies and brags about it on the internet

Attached: selfie.webm (320x474, 2.35M)

Adam Carolla from the Adam Carolla Show posts here?

DOGFUCKER

based and retardpilled

Attached: 1407885823467.jpg (247x250, 12K)

>movies began with the first one that was with sound and in color (which is iirc The Wizard Oz)
too obvious. change that part up a bit.

Would certainly be a far better movie than that Dark Knight Rises trash.

How is that still here?

Max Ophuls films and silent Hitchcock have some pretty kino cinematography you 18 year old pseud

Who?

I watched it for the first time a week ago and I was captivated the whole time, and old B&W films usually make me fall asleep. The only lull for me was the extended montage of his second wife's failed opera career.

Excellent film. Not my favourite by any means but I understand why its held in such high regard.

thnx bby. we need more b8 workshops around here

Adam Carolla, from the Adam Carolla Show.

I will never understand how this was ever considered the best movie ever when King Kong already existed. It was just as impressive technically and it was nearly a decade earlier.

Attached: kingkong19335.jpg (900x674, 135K)

You're fat

Is King Kong seriously considered an impressive movie?

Yeah let's just pretend James Whales films didn't exist.

>stupid comment about how old stuff isn't good or skilled because I'm a zoomer and I say stupid shit

Attached: 1550817184853.jpg (576x413, 44K)

It's in my top 10. I can see why some people don't think it's the GOAT, but calling it bad is just contrarian (so, normal for Yea Forums).
Yes, because it had effects that outclassed movies made 30 years later, and an original and universally enjoyable story that has imprinted itself on the popular imagination. Also you get to see Fay Wray's cute little B cups a couple of times.

I see.

Literally fell asleep during this overrated shit

Not even one explosion or nipple too

There actually are nipples in Citizen Kane so that proves that you didn't watch it.

Who cares. Gone With the Wind was better.

>Who cares.
I can't believe you missed the perfect opportunity to say "Frankly, I don't give a damn."

Plenty of films before citizen kane had experimented with cinematography. Movies where insanely creative back in the day.

Check this out.

Attached: 1538446165754.webm (960x720, 2.86M)

Attached: joe.gif (426x320, 682K)

black and white movies are still being made

>that one time back in high school when I took a journalism class
>based teacher played the movie
>the assignment was to watch the movie, and write a report on it (basically just an excuse to play the movie)
Best two class periods I've ever had, hands down. The movie was enjoyable, and I also had fun writing a whole 5 page report on it. Though sadly, my teacher told me to cut it down to half a page because the assignment listed half a page max as one of the requirements.

What a weird requirement, I never had a single class in my entire life that had a maximum number of pages, only a minimum. And half a page is extremely short. I think the teacher probably just didn't want to actually read the reports.

>I think the teacher probably just didn't want to actually read the reports.
Well yeah, the whole assignment was just a farce to get the school to let him show Citizen Kane to students, even though the movie had nothing to do with the subject matter of the class.

I don't believe you, webm, screencap and timestamp or tit didn't happen

Reminds me of how my AP Government teacher in high school somehow found an excuse to show us The Hunt for Red October. Which I'd already seen but it's a great film so I was happy to see it again.

>Journalism class
>has word limits
Makes complete sense. I had to do layouts for a paper once and faggots who couldn't keep it under 300-400 words would get their stories chopped all the time. The point of the exercise was probably to teach him how to be concise and not to go on and on like a self important faggot.

If you'd seen the movie you wouldn't need to "believe" anything because you'd know, so thanks for decisively confirming you haven't seen it.

I can only confirm i fell asleep at the start and have not claimed anything else, now how bout some titty

spot the pre-code lesbian couple

>before this movie people basically just shot their films like plays with the camera in one place the whole time.

Not even close to true. Weird bait, brother

People like Citizen Kane because of how Orson Welles didnt give a fuck thru out his life.