Convince me that pic related isn't an absolute, unabashed masterpiece...

Convince me that pic related isn't an absolute, unabashed masterpiece, as well as the only anime to ever exist that has legitimate artistic merit (protip: you can't)

Attached: 1497460_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_370fa9ae-deff-e611-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 2.59M)

I’ve tried watching anime but I don’t feel it. Why is that?

I didn't laugh once watching it.

Because it is inherently a lesser art-form

There are multiple anime boards on this website. Instead you posted on a board specifically intended for live action. Why would you do this?

Because it's a soulless medium produced by an even more soulless "people".

I tried watching Jojo’s bizarre adventure and i found it so fucking boring. What’s weird is that there’s people that seem to enjoy it a lot.

I enjoyed it, but Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are better

They're all moeshit cumbrains and will tell you to fuck off if you discuss anything else.

Because live action is just as soulless a vast majority and you need some spice

>I tried watching Jojo’s bizarre adventure and i found it so fucking boring
FUCKING SAME. I even got to the second story-arc and STILL found it fucking boring as hell
This is why you need to watch Space Dandy. It openly shits on episodic storytelling, you can literally jump in at any episode and have a fucking great time. It feels like a giant "FUCK YOU" to anime storytelling as a whole which is why I adore it so much. Which would also explain why turbo-weebs seem to fucking despise it

Jojo isn't the shonen anime/manga people expect it to be. Everybody who gives it a shot for the first time has different expectations compared to what the show really is.

Attached: need.jpg (240x240, 13K)

do what I did:
watch the OVA and never watch anything else

What the fuck is your problem? Sure I liked it but your opinion is shit. What's a masterpiece to you? Because jesus christ your standards are embarrasing.

I can't. It is my favorite anime of all time.

Attached: dandy.gif (349x360, 660K)

DANDY is the new Bebop...in 20 years kids will be obsessed with the aesthetic and hidden memes in the Dandyverse

It's amazing and there is leagues of artistic merit throughout it.
My only complaint is that people don't like the dub as much as me.

Attached: space_dandys_wild_ride.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

this but unironically

Tha animation is also superb.
The drastic style shifts are also kino. Going from on-model perfection in webm related, to a rippen dervish in
Was always a favorite of mine in the series.

And for that reason my e favorite episodes were:
>Limbo
>Fish episode
>Fishing planet episode

Attached: dandy_viva_all.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Attached: SD GoGol Empire03.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

>Dandy's tragic ex-gf is a literal fucking tesseract and the episode plays it straight all the way through

Attached: 1203106648962.png (600x580, 572K)

In 10-15 years people will be hailing this series as an an anime classic, the same way people treat Bebop

Attached: 1540661403170.jpg (1000x1000, 440K)

>she never got to ride with dandy

Attached: dandy_ending_s3_never.gif (448x252, 2.92M)

worst episode tee bee aytch

>first half spent building up Dandy's ex
>turns out she's just a tesseract with a heart symbol in the middle
I regularly shit on Jap "humor" but fuck if that didn't get me

Space Dandy is, taken as a whole, a terrible anime
Great visuals at times, but they don't even come close to carrying the atrocious "comedy" and completely unlikable cast.
It's like Watanabe's westaboo side flared up too much and he tried to make a western-style comedy cartoon without any understanding of the genre at all or even a basic concept of what "funny" means, but just did it anyway.
I cannot deny that there a number of beautiful and expertly-crafted sequences sprinkled throughout, but they are wasted on Space Dandy and do not by any means justify sitting through the show. Every minute of spectacle will be offset by 30 minutes of boredom from watching insufferable characters engage in meaningless shenanigans and mind-numbingly boring non-comedy.
Instead, just watch the many webms with dazzling visuals which kind but misguided anons will post for you, and you've seen enough. Do not waste your time actually watching.

You are mentally ill

>completely unlikable cast

Attached: 1517152415670.jpg (1153x823, 577K)

It's probably a terminal overabundance of testosterone and a hypersensitive sense of taste. I'm sorry to break the news to you, user.

>retard
>animal retard
>beep boop i'm a robot
Wow great characters
>character development happens
>it's immediately reset at the end of the episode because status quo
>retard
>animal retard
>beep boop i'm a robot

Attached: 1535448069447.png (533x358, 442K)

>I can't enjoy a series unless the characters are all somewhat flawed but ultimately pure-hearted angels capable of doing no wrong whatsoever

Attached: 1568823221285.jpg (247x204, 10K)

That’s alright doc, it had to end sometime

Attached: 8E8CE589-7A73-4960-ABF9-CE113657079C.jpg (758x644, 64K)

Are you the same type of fuckhead that says early seasons of Always Sunny are bad based solely on the fact that the characters are objectively shitty people?

It's easy to make a likable loser or a likable asshole; so easy to the point that it's hard to name a single comedy without at least one of both of those archetypes
Dandy is an unlikable asshole loser. Every "emotional" moment with him falls flat because you would have to be some sort of schizophrenic to be able to imagine that he even has human emotions

>Every "emotional" moment with him falls flat because you would have to be some sort of schizophrenic to be able to imagine that he even has human emotions
This is legitimately why I love this series
He's just an empty-headed retard completely incapable of comprehending the larger than life shit constantly going on around him
It's a fun contrast that I really appreciate

I've only seen the first two seasons or so of Always Sunny, and a handful of later season episodes my friends thought were the best. From what I watched it felt like they hadn't quite hit their stride yet but "they're shitty people" definitely isn't a complaint that comes to mind. I don't get the impression that they toned that down later from what little of the later seasons I've watched.
So no, I don't think I'm that sort of fuckhead.

watch space adventure cobra, lupin III and cowboy bebop , both are episodic shenanigans as well and the first two were the base of space dandy and bebop.
part 4 of jojo has some of the episodic format as well
also comparing jojo to space dandy is silly because both have a different approach for plot: jojo since day 1 was meant to be an epic about the joestar bloodline trying to fix shit caused by abnormal bastards, while dandy is about alien-searching space adventures

Consider yourself pleb filtered

>shitty writing is a "pleb filter"

Attached: 1538990754944.jpg (648x484, 58K)

This is the only anime I've truely loved
>there will never be another season

Attached: manny.png (440x536, 6K)

Have you seen Sword Art: Online? I'd say it's at least on par

No i haven't

This, it's soooo good.
I'd also highly recommend Fairy Tail and Boku no Pico.

Have you tried Japanese movies in general? They usually have very particular ways of telling a story and the actors may appear histrionic to western audiences. They also relay heavilly in character archetypes which may make the thing looks silly.
OP's anime, and Watanabe (its director) in general tent to be more western friendly.

Also, dead planet episode = best episode

>Some effects would be difficult to portray even using top budget CGI.

The whole series would be simply impossible without a budget similar to the US military expending

>FUCKING SAME

sorry you have adhd and cant enjoy kino jojo even if its colorfully animated for retards like you (2012 reddit anime community tarnished jojo prove me wrong)

Attached: 221555156.png (240x254, 18K)