Why was this shit?

Why was this shit?

Attached: wotw5.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Sneed

You sound gay.

It wasnt. You just got filtered.

literally me

Excellent Tom Cruise sc-fi film. Terrible War of the Worlds movie.

Attached: war of the worlds-2.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>asshole kids
>asshole father
>asshole mother
>assholes everywhere
every character was just awful. deeply unlikeable characters. the only good thing are the tripods causing chaos. but nah, let’s focus on the people nobody likes.

I liked it. I feel like most people couldn't handle the way people were killed so easily and how the aliens were dealt with. But i felt it fit the nihilistic theme of the movie.

it wasn't until the basement scene

>most people couldn't handle the way people were killed so easily and how the aliens were dealt with
wtf!? those were the few things from the book this movie left intact

Spielberg has daddy issues he apparently cannot ever resolve despite being one of the most successful artists of all time, so literally every movie he makes has strong themes about fathers and sons or absentee fathers or father mourning their dead sons...

Fortunately for him family dynamics aren't exactly uncommon elements in most scripts anyway so he can indulge his obsession without too much narrative manipulation but sometimes he feels the need to emphasize it even when it doesn't matter. Like ignoring a fucking worldwide alien invasion to focus on Cruise and his obnoxious sons' emotional issues.

If WOTW had just been about a single dude just trying to save himself or maybe an attractive female sidekick it actually would have been better, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1564044009909.png (699x518, 558K)

I always really enjoyed this one, granted I was 14 when it came out so I didn't know what a good movie was yet. Tom Cruise carries the movie, of course, but it's an interesting take on the "genre". I felt the strongest part of the film was the atmosphere and setting. I got lost in thinking it was really an end-of-the-world scenario, and the initial invasion sequence was fucking crazy for the time.

Man I have this exact opposite reaction. It was bad up until the old guy propositioned the daughter

Tom Cruise along with the basement/Tim Robbins are the best parts of the film.

Attached: the great martian war.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Probably the only movie I like that Hans Zimmer scored.

>BRRRRRRRRAAAAAHHAHAAAHAHAHHAHPPPPPP

wew it's a John Williams score.

it’s about as bad as a hand simmer score so whatever

I'm just waiting for that probably bad BBC War of the Worlds show

My body is ready.

Attached: war-of-the-worlds-bbc.jpg (1024x535, 86K)

Why is the laser imparting kinetic energy into the car? If its that powerful it should be cutting deep chasms into the street.

>asshole father
How was the dad an ass? His daughter was a whiney cunt and the son was some edgy queer. I forgot about the mom, doesn't she die?

The mother is where they are headed the entire time.

he’s an asshole for not ditching the kids

You're not wrong at all. I just kind of wish that the movie took place in the victorian era like the books. It would have been sublime.

teen boy should have stayed dead.

kino

all radio silence from bbc on this one, some say they are changing things after a competitor wotw show got announced

if it isn't 55% negroid, with women as power-lifters humiliating men in every scene, it isn't bbc.

This.
You can bet the show will be “won” when a white woman with the help of her freed black slave from america find out the ayys cant handle human germs, and thus invent biological warfare.

Where's his suit? Gotta time travel back and save the earth brah.

what the fuck was her major malfunction?

Attached: MV5BODczNDg5ODk4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE2NDAzMw@@._V1_.jpg (2048x1365, 2.72M)

it wasnt, but certain concepts have not aged well since WoTW was originally written.

Her and her retarded brother nearly ruined the film. Thank fuck for Tom Cruise saving it.

Attached: war of the worlds-2.jpg (2392x3000, 1.68M)

autism from watching spongebob all day

you think a wotw story will be better received now with all that I love science! and ayy lmao shit going on?

She was too cute for her own good.

the movie was ruined mainly because Tom Cruise had to be a family man, and the only way to put that family in reasonable danger was to have the evil Tim Robbins character

She was a zoomer born into a world with no smart phones.

>If WOTW had just been about a single dude just trying to save himself or maybe an attractive female sidekick it actually would have been better, prove me wrong

That's what I was expecting and was pretty underwhelmed after seeing it. I didn't know much about it before I watched it but caught it on HBO a while ago.

have kids

Doesn’t he repeatedly put his daughter in situations that could get her killed?
He almost kills her with peanut butter
He abandons her to chase after his retard son who wants to see IRL CoD
And doesn’t he almost leave her with some rapist?

>He almost kills her with peanut butter
He doesn't know, and she doesn't even come close to eating it. The point of the story is that he doesn't know anything about his kids.
>He abandons her to chase after his retard son who wants to see IRL CoD
For about two minutes. If you weigh the pros and cons of leaving one kid alone vs the other one probably dying it's a pretty easy choice
>And doesn’t he almost leave her with some rapist?
No. In fact he kills the crazy guy as soon as he starts talking to her.

No Thunderchild

Set in Victorian times with a 80% nigger cast. Cool!