It 2

What exactly was so bad about this film?

Attached: MV5BYTJlNjlkZTktNjEwOS00NzI5LTlkNDAtZmEwZDFmYmM2MjU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 234K)

Nothing. People expected more than they should have. Suffered from the same thing that ruins most things, overhype.

Was thinking of seeing in in theaters and skimming through some threads most people didn't like it here. Apparently beginning of film is the best part

I liked the movie. I don't know why other people think it's bad.

my friend asked me to go with him to avoid the no singles policy, so I did despite never seeing or caring about the first one. It's too fucking long for a horror film, for one. Why does It toy with them so much and just let them go? There's a huge chunk of the film that's a setup just so each character can have spooky clown stuff happen to them and it should have been cut out completely. It takes 3 hours for them to get to a point that took them 20 minutes.

It wasn't terrible, but it was ridiculously tonally inconsistent. Most of the CGI was laughable. Granted, in a very meta move, they were telling you it was going to suck the entire time.

Not enough Sophia.

Attached: 1568224031466.jpg (639x629, 76K)

It was hilarious. A failure of a horror movie but a damn good thriller-comedy, entertaining beginning to end.

Fine film, the fault is with the source material.
The second book just isn't as good.

>The second book

Attached: 1377215358061.jpg (400x422, 41K)

imagine fucking her with both hands around her soft neck cumming in her as she passes out

They never intended to be a conventional horror movie. Even the first one was campy and riddled with humor.

You're right though, this one was so unexpectedly funny and entertaining.

looks a bit like an ape

Not enough Pennywise.
Needed more set-up for the final battle than the cast rediscovering their pasts.

>Needed more set-up for the final battle than the cast rediscovering their pasts.
That was the setup for the final battle, friendo.

>The second book

Attached: 1551072811135s.jpg (109x125, 3K)

Nothing really, but there experience of seeing it was awful. Had to endure people in the theater vocally reacting to every little thing. We had a group of teenagers in the theater, probably 15 at the oldest, and one of these chodes could not stop himself from loudly screaming FUCK everytime a jump scare happened.

>The second book just isn't as good
Huh? Huh? Huh?

Attached: 1536793566326.gif (500x267, 999K)

This, not enough dialogue for pennywise. Basically a haunting movie. Plus I just couldn't buy into James stuttering, the kid did it better.

I really hope this isn't bait and you are genuinely a fucking retard

King often divides his books within the book. ie: The Stand has 3 books.

This

That's super faggy just call them acts like everyone else would

People were laughing hysterically during the whole thing. A couple of times the staff wandered in to see what all the noise was. It's going to be remembered as a joke, like The Room or worse

>overhype
I live in a small town and the only time my local theatre was completely packed was this movie and Endgame

It was intentionally funny though

>both hands around her soft neck
what kinda fag can't choke a bitch out with one hand?

Based
Hard cringe.

It was just bad. It had no soul. Pure b-movie acting from a really solid cast. It wasnt scary, just kind of boring.

People were LOLing at the "scary" or "dramatic" parts as well. It was a disaster, probably career ending for everyone involved

This, never scary and too much comedy. I was not rolling on the floor laughing my ass off either, this is no Army of Darkness

The problem is you can't shift the mood of a movie from humor to horror so quickly like that. I know what you're talking about, it was after the movie got hammed up big time by all of the jokes before that people were still rolling at things like the grandma.

But whatever. I think most horror movies are complete shit, especially production wise, so I appreciated this for how entertaining and well made it was in that regard.

Standard problem with most horror movies, number 1 is focused on being scary, number 2 they're worried the thing isn't as scary anymore so they just throw in more shit and more stuff and lose sight of the original. Add in the fantastic reception of the actors in the first meaning they had to cram in a bunch of scenes for the kids to the detriment of the film(Ben doesn't even get scared in his search in the present, he has a flashback to kid him being threatened and then just wanders off) even though these added kid scares add nothing to the film because they're flashbacks, we know the adults are fine so focusing on jumpscare heavy spooks is pretty pointless. Overreliance on CGI did not help, and CGI de-aging the kids was a terrible choice.That and the book was pretty bad too. It says something that the only genuinely well paced scene of the entire movie is the gays getting their asses beat, and that only works because Pennywise just shows up at the right moment.

Nothing much really. It’s as good as it could be based on the source material. Bill Hader is the highlight of the film as much as Finn Wolfgang was in the first film

I have the book in front of me; it's broken up into parts and interludes not books you illiterate shit eating faggot

I thought it was too short, Ben was miscast, and Bowers and the other non-Loser characters were mishandled. Some of these complaints were the same I had with Chapter One. Otherwise I very much enjoyed it and I really want an extended cut.

If you have to ask that question you don't have the mental capacity to understand the answer.

That makes sense, let me go grab my copy real quick.

Also, the adults aren't sequestered to the second half of the book. please excuse the coom rag

Attached: The Second Book.jpg (2782x1696, 459K)

This exactly. It tried to be two different things at once and completely failed. Just compare the chinese dinner scenes of the two and you have your answer. One was legitimately creepy but heartfelt and the other was all over the place. I mean, smashing the chair on the table?!?