Just marathoned pic related. It was fucking epic, why won’t hollywood make more movies like Troy??

Just marathoned pic related. It was fucking epic, why won’t hollywood make more movies like Troy??

Attached: BC06762A-F989-49D8-A874-B92688D5C5B4.jpg (304x450, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_VAQW-tDCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too many whites

still bummed we never got a Sean Bean Odyssey out of this

>marathoned
>one movie
illiterate baboon

they were gonna redo Troy actually but Idris was unavailable to play Achilles

Dumbass

It was the director’s cut

you mad about something?

HECTOOOOOORRRR

Yes?

Be gone newfag

*seen*

Go back to school, illiterate donkey.

Get down from the city man, we're gonna play hockey and we need one more to have even teams

Iirc it didn't do well enough at the box office and critics took a dump on it
Don't know why they did that. It was good, and certainly much better than the other greek mythology movies from that time
youtube.com/watch?v=M_VAQW-tDCg

Whoah bigg speeling gey

The is the largest film I've ever seen, I wouldn't want to watch it.

As am I. I imagine it woulda been fantastic.
On a side note, anyone excited about Total War Saga: Troy?

I'm not letting you trick me again.

>largest film
What the fuck does that mean?

I wanted to love this movie because of Based Bloom and Braddeu, but holy fuck, was it kind of boring. The fight with Hector was kino, and there were some cool moments like Brad chadd'ing up that bitch, but it could've been so much better.

inbred molester of farm animals

Can't tell what's more high test, Troy or this

Attached: 300-movie-poster-2007.jpg (580x822, 42K)

Its odd.
The Iliad and The Histories are better than their film counterparts, but the movies are still amazing.
Shame what happened to 300 rise of an empire though

Come on, dude. It's your fault we're one man down since you killed Patroclus. You owe us big time. I promise you, there's no hard feelings

>dude make an adaptation based on an ancient greek epic but take out all the mythological context lmao
Why

Attached: total-war-saga-troy-minotaur.jpg (1920x1080, 782K)

is that supposed to be a minotaur?

Hector would've won two out of three with Achilles. Glad that Achilles got pwned by an archer of all people. Deserved it.

Have you read the Iliad? The reason they took them out is it would be near impossible to do an adaptation without resorting to bad cgi. By keeping it out, they could focus on building sets and costume design. I feel the movie did a good job of it too.
The minotaur in Troy Total War is dumb though. The minotaur (per mythology timeline) was long dead by then, as was Minos. No reason to put it in other than to try and get some different units in there since fighting was chariots and spear/shield vs its self.

yes. Its supposed to be a possible explanation for the later minotaur myth. If they make the units solely a Crete thing it might make a little more sense.

>Hector would've won two out of three with Achilles. Glad that Achilles got pwned by an archer of all people
t. hasn't read the poem in which Hector runs around the city multiple times trying to escape achillies before hes fooled by Athena into fighting

Go back to Yea Forums, retard.

>Go back to Yea Forums, retard.
Youre the retard who hasn't read a foundational work of Western literature, and one that is actually good and not overrated like so many classics

I thought they might do it at the time, but looking back the Odyssey would be hard to make while keeping the theme of Troy. They basically removed all the supernatural elements and made grounded explanations for everything.

because lord of the rings was over and that's why hollywood made this, kingdom of heaven, alexander etc

>They basically removed all the supernatural elements and made grounded explanations for everything.
It could've worked if they did it the way it was done in the story its self. Odysseus tells his travels to a court of people, instead of you reading him doing it in the present
So, he could just be BSing to get stuff to get home basically. Would kinda suck to not have a cyclops or cattle of the sun in it though

Epic movies seem to come in groups.

The early 2000's had a bunch of them, Gladiator, LOTR, Troy, Band of brothers, Kingdom of Heaven etc etc.

Some weird director needs to make an old epic style movie and it needs to do well and youll see some new ones come back into style.

The dvd box weighs too much

get stronger

that is why no one will remember your memes

Attached: hectoooor.jpg (1916x792, 148K)

You can thank "Alexander" for bombing the genre. Biggest budget, biggest failure.

Kingdom of Heaven is another kino that got slayed by the producers because of MUH TIME LENGTH.

I only wish they could make The Crusade

Attached: crusade.jpg (504x294, 25K)

>not Anabasis

Attached: 1479853310553s.jpg (250x250, 4K)

Crusade coulda been good. We'll never know though. Sets were supposed to be insane

tbf it might have cause confusion if they named it that. Xenophon had an anabasis too, and I think theres other books titled that too